100k If Rae Is To Sack Irons - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

100k If Rae Is To Sack Irons

grnklad2006ton

I heard so many people saying at the match that Rae cant sack Irons and Collins, if he did it would cost us more than 100 k. Where and how on earth did this come about? Too many people saying this in the cowshed today and to be hounest it kind of say's alot to the reason why Irons is still here.

If there is any truth in this then we are in more trouble than i thought as Rae will never pay to get Irons OOT the door. Has anyone else heard about this compo fee if Irons where to be sacked before next year????? :o .

Some are saying its 70 k and others are saying over 100k :angry: ........

I heard there was a fee in this matter as well around the £50,000 mark if irons was to go. Irons is going no place soon mate and no matter how many people are crying on here it won't make anything change.

Next week raith will murder us and he will still not be sacked :lol: :lol: ....

1010489269a3242812687b105078953l.jpg

I heard so many people saying at the match that Rae cant sack Irons and Collins, if he did it would cost us more than 100 k. Where and how on earth did this come about? Too many people saying this in the cowshed today and to be hounest it kind of say's alot to the reason why Irons is still here.

If there is any truth in this then we are in more trouble than i thought as Rae will never pay to get Irons OOT the door. Has anyone else heard about this compo fee if Irons where to be sacked before next year????? :o .

You're listening to a lot pish. Were any of the people you heard at the match privy to any sort of financial information at Cappielow? I don't think so. Also, it's only 5 games into the season. Still too early to be sacking managers IMO.

I'd give him 3 games to get 5 points at least and then I@d bag him.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Bearing in mind that a lot of experiemced tradesman earn £20K + per year I'd reckon £35 - £50K is a reasonable shout for a manager.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

You're listening to a lot pish. Were any of the people you heard at the match privy to any sort of financial information at Cappielow? I don't think so. Also, it's only 5 games into the season. Still too early to be sacking managers IMO.

You just don't get it-do you?

Sheep Lips can now do NOTHING to win back a squad he's systematically alienated with his shenanigans. What's worse is that even if he WERE a good man manager, he's a tactical turnip.

In footballing terms he's DIM

Davie Irons Martinet. :ph34r:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

You're listening to a lot pish. Were any of the people you heard at the match privy to any sort of financial information at Cappielow? I don't think so. Also, it's only 5 games into the season.

Still too early to be sacking managers IMO.

It would seem to be 4 months too late.

:(

It would seem to be 4 months too late.

:(

A year too late.

He should have been punted after the 0-5 at Airdrie.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

There are various quotes about how much it would cost Dougie to sack Irons and Collins.

I think the minimum cost would be about £70k. A lot of money for Morton just now.

So for purely financial reasons Irons and Collins may well stay at Cappielow for the rest of the season.

If things get so bad, and it's getting to that stage at the moment, then based on finance alone we could just sack Irons.

I'm obviously assuming as I don't know the real wage structure, it would cost £35k/£40k for Irons contract to be terminated. Still a lot of money granted.

Collins could be kept on contract till the end of season, but with little or no input on team matters.

Give Grady the job till end of season to show what he can do. He has vast experience in the game and I'm sure he would jump at the chance to get an opportunity at coaching.

Not ideal scenario, but it is a solution to our problem.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I don't think he'll be sacked either but I don't think it's good business sense to keep him.

If I make a conservative estimate that crowds will fall - say ~250 people will refuse to turn up and watch the shite thats currently being peddled for entertainment, and make an assumption of 17 home games for the rest of the season (give or take), then the cost of keeping him is 17x250x15 or £63750.

Not far off what it would cost to punt the useless fucker.

Time to shit or get off the pot.

TonInDublin

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Sell the mankies floodlights on ebay and use the cash windfall to remove the boss.

Oh how dreams turn sour, if the old yin is not careful even his apologists will remember him for his failures in a managerial sense.

£75 k, and to think at one time that would have bought Templemans right leg.

btw, just to throw another figure into the mix, I was told its more around the £45k mark.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

after reading the paper today i dont think that he will resign, so its very simple, dougie is going to have to push him out the door, the pain will be in the pay off but from what i have heard that mcinally did not walk, he was sacked and continued to get paid.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Whether it's £45k or £70k doesn't matter. A company that lost £400k on its last published accounts cannot afford it. Add in all the back room staff and compensation for the next manager and back room staff and it's a lot of money for a campany currently running at a massive loss.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Wouldn't argue against that, but I think that the decision has already been made

what have you heard?

Anyone know how much would it cost the club if we were relegated or finish in the play off spot?

considerably more than 70-100k anyway i should think

Whether it's £45k or £70k doesn't matter. A company that lost £400k on its last published accounts cannot afford it. Add in all the back room staff and compensation for the next manager and back room staff and it's a lot of money for a campany currently running at a massive loss.

Yes and it cannot go on indefinitely. One day it will burst and we will be back to square one.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Irons and Collins are only contracted until the end of June (I would think as that is standard practice for football contracts) so it would be a case of paying off a total of 20 months-worth of contract. It is a lot of money, but the team has totally lacked any semblance of a game-plan since the start of this season and are too reliant on the likes of Weatherson to make things happen. What really annoyed me yesterday was that Hayes was one on one with McGregor all day and we had no cover in the wide areas. It is all very well playing 3 guys in the middle and trying to control the game from there, but when it clearly isn't working, we have to alter our system. We failed to do that until we were 2-0 down and it was only when Finlayson came on that we looked remotely threatening.

I know it would be a considerable amount of money, but perhaps it would be better in the long-term to take the short-term hit on this one. If Irons can turn it around, great; but I very much doubt that.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

there is a point which we are at that with the rate the crowds are falling Irons has to go as we will lose more money keeping him.

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Archived