Mc Cluskey Must Go - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mc Cluskey Must Go

I think McCluskey's agent has gave him some bad advice at vital times in his career.

I don't rate him much, but while he's at Morton I'm right behind him.

5061[/snapback]

If anyone's interested, McCluskey's agent is John Viola: http://www.violafc.com/. (McCluskey is still listed as a St. Johnstone player on that site, btw.)

EOho8Pw.png

Yeah, was aware of that. Hence the Dubai trip, etc.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

who wants to go back to a team full of losers, gamblers, alkies and idiotic wee boys who would kiss the badge and cry on the pitch at the drop of yet another three points?

5060[/snapback]

haven't we rid ourself of most of those guys :unsure:

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Guest se56an

McCluskey will still do a shift for Morton.

We need cover at the back, and he can do just as good if not better a job than most.

Everytime I have seen him play, you could see it he was passionate about winning, you canny knock that.

Dubia trip, was probably bad advise from a tit of an agent.

If the guy is asking Jim for a chance, I hope he gets it. Did OK at the weekend when he played.

Now Williams, thats a complete different matter(GTF)

McCluskey had a bad game against Forfar when we lost 2-0 and cost us at least one goal. I think that Jim decided he was going to drop him, especially as he is inclined to mouth off a lot (and may have done so to Jim?? - I don't know). As we know, Mr McInally has a reputation for taking no s*** from any player and so Harding appeared after that and McCluskey got a spell in the wilderness.

No wonder the guy thought he needed a new job, even if he put himself in that position.

Anyway, he is showing every sign of having learned his lesson and I hope so because he is potentially a class defender and a playing him at right back and Spoonsy at left back might be a better option than McGregor - the jury is out on that one.

McLuskey is a better defender than Greacen.

but his Dubai antics have f***edhis chances up as a lot of people will never forgive him for that.

5258[/snapback]

You really think Mcluskey's better than Greacen? I always saw Greacen as the more confident defender. I think his performance went downhill when he was given the captaincy, but I would have still said he was better than Mcluskey.

McLuskey is a better defender than Greacen.

but his Dubai antics have f***edhis chances up as a lot of people will never forgive him for that.

5258[/snapback]

Aye, and im off to find a virgin in a maternity ward! He's s***e get him tae f!!!

CJ

Also heard that even though it seems McCluskey has been given a second chance with us, he is not interested and doesn't think he will be with us at the start of the season.
4542[/snapback]

I posted this on the Witton Albion thread. I would play him ahead of Greacen if his heart is in it but apparently it isn't. In the players own words , or close to them, he doesn't think he will be here at the start of the season. He also didn't seem too enthusiastic about his 'second chance'.

I also thought it was really strange, i thought he must have went to the manager and pleaded for a second chance.. I was about to go up to him and shake his hand to wish him good luck for the new season and to put everything behind him. But just before i did another individual told me they had just spoke to him and he said basically what i said in my last post.

Fair enough, I guess. It certainly is strange. Still, I don't even think anyone else will come in for him at this juncture, so we might not have seen the last of him yet.

EOho8Pw.png

Don't like Mc Cluskey,he was never comfartable playing in our defence.He and Williams are only at cappielow because no one else wants them,therefore they will see their contracts out mainly playing for the reserves. :huh:

Let's get it right 1st time in League 1.No excuses.

Spoonton your wrong mate. I met alex last ngt and the guy is honestly gutted that the "gaffa doesnt want me".He said he has been busting his balls in training and has been asking jim constantly what is happening, does he have a chance etc. Basically jim has been very impressed with his training etc but doesnt trust him off the field, hence why he had to train with 3 young boys instead of going the tour. i could tell how gutted the guy was that he wasnt getting a chance and he realises now he has to move on to further his career.Asked about stirling albion- dont think hes going there.

I know alot of people are divided on this board about alex, some will get the flags out when hes gone, others will realises we have lost a quality player, but surely the guy deserves another chance ffs.He has the potential, hes still very young, to become a great player for this club.He has made mistakes, but so have many others at the club right now, like andy and peter and look at them now. One thing we can all agree on is on his day, hes a quality player.

McCluskey was a good defender before he came to us, i thought he was really shaky last season, and ALWAYS moaned at other layers, even if it was his fault

although he was a bit of a bombscare towards the end of last season, id still go for greacen ahead of McCluskey

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Spoonton your wrong mate. I met alex last ngt and the guy is honestly gutted that the "gaffa doesnt want me".He said he has been busting his balls in training and has been asking jim constantly what is happening, does he have a chance etc. Basically jim has been very impressed with his training etc but doesnt trust him off the field, hence why he had to train with 3 young boys instead of going the tour. i could tell how gutted the guy was that he wasnt getting a chance and he realises now he has to move on to further his career.Asked about stirling albion- dont think hes going there.

I know alot of people are divided on this board about alex, some will get the flags out when hes gone, others will realises we have lost a quality player, but surely the guy deserves another chance ffs.He has the potential, hes still very young, to become a great player for this club.He has made mistakes, but so have many others at the club right now, like andy and peter and look at them now. One thing we can all agree on is on his day, hes a quality player.

5513[/snapback]

In a respect you're right. I didn't really mean that Alex didn't want to still play for Morton, just that from McInally's perspective he is doing nothing that convinces him that he has a future at the club. As you say McInally doesn't want him and this is because of his attitude off the pitch.

All I heard was that McCluskey has been in talks with McInally several times and a few times in the team hotel over the last week to try to sort out their differences. From what I heard he does want back in, hence why he has played in the pre-season tour. Williams wasn't on the tour because McInally still didn't like his attitude. Not discussing the rights and wrongs of that just saying where McInally is coming from.

I shouldn't have made the comment on Williams, all I heard is that his attitude isn't right, I have heard he works hard in training and we all know he has reportedly had troubles off the field so his problem lies there, not with his commitment on the field.

Archived