Big Dom - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Big Dom

Mr.Blue

I find this thread unreal. unless i have missed something in the last month then Dom was the best player on the park before i moved and his reading of the game allowed players like Greacen to get away with some of the sloppy stuff that i saw so to read ths thread is pointless.

I also have it on good authority that he stays not that far from Partick and drives a old school Jaguar so unless the world has gone wrong since i left Greenock then what is the point of some of these posters.

OK he may move on but for my money we uncoverd a gem and shouldnt expect to keep him nothing to do with some of the comments on here. I dont usually post and just prefer to read opinions but this has annoyed me as 'Disco' is a great player.

Agree. threads can turn into witch hunts fairly quickly on here with all the half truths, innuendo and stupid comments.

He was the greatest thing since sliced Kingsmill for months, and now he's injured and possibly taking the chance to see his family a bit ??? ( I've no idea if this is the case) - he's suddenly played his last game for the 'ton and won't be missed :blink: We'll know all about that if we have an injury or two or loss of form in our defence.

You're all sugar or sh1te on this board it seems :angry:

Show Racism the Red Card

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree. threads can turn into witch hunts fairly quickly on here with all the half truths, innuendo and stupid comments.

He was the greatest thing since sliced Kingsmill for months, and now he's injured and possibly taking the chance to see his family a bit ??? ( I've no idea if this is the case) - he's suddenly played his last game for the 'ton and won't be missed :blink: We'll know all about that if we have an injury or two or loss of form in our defence.

Exactly what I've thought when reading this thread. A collection of half-truths, non-truths and rumour from the sweetie-wifies on here and suddenly the man's a liability who's used the club and won't be missed.

Get a grip, ffs!! :angry: Shimmin has done well for us, and IF in turn he gets a good move out of it at the end of the season we'll earn money from it. Win-win all round, for both parties. Why the negativity???

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

Anyone who thinks a player of Shimmin's quality won't be missed deserves to be taken out back and shot. People want us to challenge for the league next season and losing our best players isn't going to help that. Greacen, McManus and Walker are all pretty injury prone, and we only have four good central defenders and play a back three.

Some of the pish spouted about Shimmin on here as soon as he's injured is disgraceful. Everyone moans about MJ but some of you lot are just as bad when it comes to thinking you know more than you do and using it to try and damage someones reputation.

No wonder a lot of Morton fans hate this forum.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Anyone who thinks a player of Shimmin's quality won't be missed deserves to be taken out back and shot. People want us to challenge for the league next season and losing our best players isn't going to help that. Greacen, McManus and Walker are all pretty injury prone, and we only have four good central defenders and play a back three.

Some of the pish spouted about Shimmin on here as soon as he's injured is disgraceful. Everyone moans about MJ but some of you lot are just as bad when it comes to thinking you know more than you do and using it to try and damage someones reputation.

Well said that man !

Anyone who wouldn't put a fit Shimmin straight back in the team knows nothing about football. McManus has done well since coming in yes, hats off to him, but he's the reason we lost the one game at Cappielow this year and he's not a long term solution by any means.

pen.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Apr 6 2009, 06:47 PM) 598523[/snapback]
Well said that man !

Anyone who wouldn't put a fit Shimmin straight back in the team knows nothing about football. McManus has done well since coming in yes, hats off to him, but he's the reason we lost the one game at Cappielow this year and he's not a long term solution by any means.

Jeez, way to hold a grudge!

Henrik Larsson was the reason Celtic lost to Hibs on his debut, but I'm sure most Celtic fans wouldn't hold it against him. For me Shimmin is a hugely important player. That said, if McManus continues in the form that he is in then Shimmin, as any other, will have to fight to win his place back.

Look, it is clear that Morton fans must single one guy out as the Hitler of Greenock! Be is Shimmin, Irons, McGuffie, McManus, Harding, Weatherson, Greacen, Wake, Smith, Stewart, Russell....

Who aint had their turn yet?

Heard Carlo Monti was seen with a steak bake outside Greggs, f***ing awful attitude and diet for a Morton player to have! He should be released

Harsh in the extreme. As is the getting taken out the back and shot comment. I like Shimmin and I acknowledge he is a good player, but if he were to leave I think we'd manage just fine. That's ok to say. The players who beat Dundee on Saturday at full throttle more than managed, and they would again. That isn't an insult to anyone including Dominic Shimmin.

If he is fit and returns to the squad, which he probably will be before the end of the season, then great. Every game we have won recently, hasn't included Shimmin, not that much of a struggle then. As has been said, McManus on current form would make him fight hard for his place. All I'm saying is, there are other, viable options.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

Jeez, way to hold a grudge!

Henrik Larsson was the reason Celtic lost to Hibs on his debut, but I'm sure most Celtic fans wouldn't hold it against him. For me Shimmin is a hugely important player. That said, if McManus continues in the form that he is in then Shimmin, as any other, will have to fight to win his place back.

I actually think its hillarious that people on this board think Shimmin should have to fight for his place over McManus :lol:

McManus is capable of doing what he did against livvy at any moment in time - he nearly did it against Clyde in the LAST home game FFS ! I can't comment about the Henrik Larsson situation because I have no interest in Celtic and have no idea what the feck you are talking about <_>

pen.jpg

If and when he is fit, regardless of his previous form he has not right to walk into the squad at the expense of Alan McManus or Alex Walker. Brilliant player but don;t f*** about with a winning team!

If and when he is fit, regardless of his previous form he has not right to walk into the squad at the expense of Alan McManus or Alex Walker. Brilliant player but don;t f*** about with a winning team!

Shimmin WILL replace McManus once he is 100% fit. ;)

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Im not saying Shimmin should walk back into the team, but if he's not here next season he would be greatly missed. We'll have injuries and in McManus and Walker we have defenders who go through dips of form.

So far in this thread we've had: The players don't like him, he's always in London, He gets prefferential treatment, fakes injuries when he wants a break.

What's going to be next? He hates black people?

It is disgraceful that people on here always feel the need to damage people's reputations when they're not playing their best or not playing at all. When he's back playing and playing well again no one will mention these lies again as he'll go back to being the god-like player he was before in the fans eyes.

If this is how we treat our best signing in years, and probably the best defender at cappielow i've seen in my time as a Morton supporter then is it any wonder the players dislike our fans?.

There should be a ban of rumours on this forum, as one lie turns into chinese whispers and grows arms and legs until we have rumours like we had at the beginning of the season, and ones like this too.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Im not saying Shimmin should walk back into the team, but if he's not here next season he would be greatly missed. We'll have injuries and in McManus and Walker we have defenders who go through dips of form.

So far in this thread we've had: The players don't like him, he's always in London, He gets prefferential treatment, fakes injuries when he wants a break.

What's going to be next? He hates black people?

It is disgraceful that people on here always feel the need to damage people's reputations when they're not playing their best or not playing at all. When he's back playing and playing well again no one will mention these lies again as he'll go back to being the god-like player he was before in the fans eyes.

If this is how we treat our best signing in years, and probably the best defender at cappielow i've seen in my time as a Morton supporter then is it any wonder the players dislike our fans?.

There should be a ban of rumours on this forum, as one lie turns into chinese whispers and grows arms and legs until we have rumours like we had at the beginning of the season, and ones like this too.

Based on what? We have looked solid and don't think we have lost a game since he got injured. Great player but at the moment there are guys out there doing a good enough job.

Based on what? We have looked solid and don't think we have lost a game since he got injured. Great player but at the moment there are guys out there doing a good enough job.

You could turn down Ronaldo based on that arguement :blink:

pen.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Apr 6 2009, 07:49 PM) 598553[/snapback]
I can't comment about the Henrik Larsson situation because I have no interest in Celtic and have no idea what the feck you are talking about <_>

He passed the ball to Chic Charnley who resultantly scored Hibs winning goal that day. I guess I must be a secret Tim to have known that :rolleyes:

INVADERS MUST DIE

True. Some of the uncertified nonsense on this forum often portrays Morton fans in a poor light.

INVADERS MUST DIE

Based on not only the points i said after the part you bolded, but also the fact that McManus will be a year older, we play three centrebacks and only have four good ones, three if Shimmin leaves. If someone gets injured or sent off then we'd be down to having three centrebacks, with only two of them being good.

Did you read the whole paragraph of the part you put in bold? just curious.

32.gif

He passed the ball to Chic Charnley who resultantly scored Hibs winning goal that day. I guess I must be a secret Tim to have known that :rolleyes:

or a secret hibee? or maybe just a huge Chic Charnley fan :P

pen.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Apr 6 2009, 07:49 PM) 598553[/snapback]
I actually think its hillarious that people on this board think Shimmin should have to fight for his place over McManus :lol:

Of course he should. He should have to fight for his place over any one of our defenders, because each has played their part in our excellent recent form. If one of them loses form, they know there is a cracking player just waiting in the wings for his chance to reclaim his place and make it his own.

totally agree

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived