Scotland Vs Iceland - Page 2 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scotland Vs Iceland

Excellent! Gordon in goal, and Fletcher able to play to the best of his ability without Barry getting in the way constantly and demanding the ball to do .. errr .. nothing with it.

Still don't believe the stick Fletcher gets from Scotland fans, he is one of the best players in the team! As for someone who posted above ... there's a reason he's playing for Man Utd and not in the SPL. :rolleyes:

4-4-2 with Hutton, Caldwell, McManus and Naysmith (who is our best option - great in attack, naturally left footed). Morrison and McCormack on the wings with Brown and Fletcher in the middle, and Miller and Fletcher up front. That's my bet anyway.

Can't really argue with that.

And given Ferguson is out, we will actually get a positive performance. Like I said on the Holland thread, Ferguson has a bad attitude. Taking control of one or two games every couple of years isn't anywhere near acceptable for the so-called "leader" of the team. A rich-mans Ryan McGuffie.

AWMSC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent! Gordon in goal, and Fletcher able to play to the best of his ability without Barry getting in the way constantly and demanding the ball to do .. errr .. nothing with it.

Still don't believe the stick Fletcher gets from Scotland fans, he is one of the best players in the team! As for someone who posted above ... there's a reason he's playing for Man Utd and not in the SPL. :rolleyes:

4-4-2 with Hutton, Caldwell, McManus and Naysmith (who is our best option - great in attack, naturally left footed). Morrison and McCormack on the wings with Brown and Fletcher in the middle, and Miller and Fletcher up front. That's my bet anyway.

that is an accolade!

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Hmm...As my mate says, Fletcher and John O'Shea are the luckiest ball boys on earth!

For me, Fletcher is capable of great games sometimes, but others he flatters to deceive in a Scotland jersey. Gives the ball away far too much for my liking and he needs to get forward to help a HELL of a lot more!

Scott Brown is ideal for this sort of thing but no doubt Burley will deploy him in a holding role, which is a waste if you ask me. As in Holland, Brown was in the holding role and we had Ferguson and Fletcher just in front. I'd have swapped Ferguson and Brown. We would be a lot more dynamic through the middle of the park.

Morrisson's got to get a start, he's probably more technically gifted than anyone else we've got to play right now and he can make things happen.

And I must admit, I'd like to see Iwelumo start. Mr. Blue called it spot on about THAT miss, but his physical presence will be a handful for their defenders and his hold up play will be a good use instead of just a long ball over the top in the hope that Kenny Miller can actually make the keeper work!

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind.

Buy the ticket, take the ride...

Shocking act of folly by Ferguson , goes to show he really is just a ned at heart. Be interesting to hear how he will try & worm his way out of this one. This could signal the end of their international careers, hope the piss up was worth it lads.

the fletcher stuff is nonsense

he hasnt played well for scotland for years

as boyo says, he can play passes when hes with the best in the world, but when he needs to do some digging and lift the team, he is posted missing. by all accounts he should be streets ahead every game, but i havent given him pass marks for a long time

like oshea, he will never leave united, no matter how little he plays, because hes scared he will have some expectation on him.

georgia away last year is when i lost all faith in him

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

the fletcher stuff is nonsense

he hasnt played well for scotland for years

as boyo says, he can play passes when hes with the best in the world, but when he needs to do some digging and lift the team, he is posted missing. by all accounts he should be streets ahead every game, but i havent given him pass marks for a long time

like oshea, he will never leave united, no matter how little he plays, because hes scared he will have some expectation on him.

georgia away last year is when i lost all faith in him

He was injured and out of position against Georgia though. And he has played a major part in Utd's season this year.

Fletcher is one of those players loads of people hate because they think he's overrated, yet I never hear from these people who rate him as highly as his detractors would make out...

He was injured and out of position against Georgia though. And he has played a major part in Utd's season this year.

Fletcher is one of those players loads of people hate because they think he's overrated, yet I never hear from these people who rate him as highly as his detractors would make out...

now come on

you cant say thats true

as big a part as van der sar

We are not home and dry, we could not even be said to be home and vigorously towelling ourselves off!

i agree with point about fletchers form for man utd this season

been very consistant and has started to turn his career back round down there when season before was struggling to get in team now he's one of 1st names in the team.

getting a game ahead of carrick etc shows he's doing the right thing

now onto tonights game i'd play 4-4-2

Gordon

hutton mcmanus caldwell naismith

morrison brown fletcher mccormack

fletcher iwelumo/miller.

if things are not working out bring ferguson on as he has can give that bit of spark to the team.

now come on

you cant say thats true

as big a part as van der sar

No, and i'm no saying he has played a pivotal role, but at the same time he has played, and played very well, in many important Man Utd wins this season.

Now 2-0 thanks to Chris McGuire.

Andrew Shinnie pops up to make it 3-0. Points in the bag now, I should think. Good start to the campaign for the U21 boys.

EDIT: Really good showing - they're 4-1 up with 15 mins to play.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Andrew Shinnie pops up to make it 3-0. Points in the bag now, I should think. Good start to the campaign for the U21 boys.

EDIT: Really good showing - they're 4-1 up with 15 mins to play.

It's not for points we have to qualify for the qualifiers as we're so s***e apparently.

We won 1-0 in Albania and that's us through to the group qualification.

It's not for points we have to qualify for the qualifiers as we're so s***e apparently.

We won 1-0 in Albania and that's us through to the group qualification.

Well, that makes sense...

5-2 now to Scotland, been an entertaining match for the most part as well.

EDIT: This match is for points. We're in Group 10 of the U21 Euro 2011 Qualifying. Two matches in, 6pts in the bag.

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/downlo...22_download.pdf

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Archived