Scotland Vs Iceland - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scotland Vs Iceland

Just saw that both Bazza and McGregor have been dropped for breach of discipline (according to Sky Sports News anyway). Our most important game of the campaign and these two muppets decide to f*** things up for themselves.

Granted, McGregor would have made way for Gordon anyway but, like him or not, Ferguson is an important part of the midfield.

Still think we'll win 2-1 though.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw that both Bazza and McGregor have been dropped for breach of discipline (according to Sky Sports News anyway*). Our most important game of the campaign and these two muppets decide to f*** things up for themselves.

Granted, McGregor would have made way for Gordon anyway but, like him or not, Ferguson is an important part of the midfield.

Still think we'll win 2-1 though.

*I reserve the right to edit this if it turns out to be some sort of April Fools joke. :P

good riddance to both of them. McGregor was piss poor with the 1st and 2nd goals against the dutch and barry has had his day. All i need now is Fletcher dropped and ill be over the moon ^_^

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

good riddance to both of them. McGregor was piss poor with the 1st and 2nd goals against the dutch and barry has had his day. All i need now is Fletcher dropped and ill be over the moon ^_^

Don't think the guy has done much wrong to be honest.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Not fussed about Ferguson, I'd rather have Brown and Robson as my two central midfielders. I'd hope McGregor plays though cos Gordon hasn't been playing and I don't think Marshall is up to it!

Line-up for tonight then?

Gordon

Hutton McManus Caldwell Naysmith

McCormack Brown Robson Commons

Miller S. Fletcher

Don't think the guy has done much wrong to be honest.

He hasnt done much full stop.Only reason he is in the squad is because he plays for manure. If he played for hibs, hearts etc he wouldnt get a sniff

Not fussed about Ferguson, I'd rather have Brown and Robson as my two central midfielders. I'd hope McGregor plays though cos Gordon hasn't been playing and I don't think Marshall is up to it!

Gordon

Miller S. Fletcher

Id go for

Gordon

Hutton Berra McManus Whittaker

Brown Caldwell Robson

McCormack Iwelumo Fletcher

Chose whittaker as naysmith hasnt played well for us in a while and icant think of any decent left backs

We need to go for the win tonight. That team is probably the most positive we have and could be adapted into a 442, 352 or 451 if need be

He hasnt done much full stop.Only reason he is in the squad is because he plays for manure. If he played for hibs, hearts etc he wouldnt get a sniff

If he played for Hearts/Hibs etc you'd be singing his praises! The only reason you're not is because he plays for Man Utd. People expect far too much of him, his role for Utd is the very definition of unspectacular: he breaks up play and he moves the ball on to top class players (and he is very good in this role). For Scotland he breaks up play and then gets to move it onto Gary f***ing Teale! Not exactly the same is it?

He could be very good for Scotland, but we have to play him from deep, not in the attacking roles we try to play him in. Play him alongside Brown with 2 attacking wide players and we'll be fine tonight.

As for McGregor and Ferguson not playing tonight, good, I wouldn't have started them anyway.

Gordon

Miller S. Fletcher

Robson and Commons aren't in the squad.

If he played for Hearts/Hibs etc you'd be singing his praises! The only reason you're not is because he plays for Man Utd. People expect far too much of him, his role for Utd is the very definition of unspectacular: he breaks up play and he moves the ball on to top class players (and he is very good in this role). For Scotland he breaks up play and then gets to move it onto Gary f***ing Teale! Not exactly the same is it?

He could be very good for Scotland, but we have to play him from deep, not in the attacking roles we try to play him in. Play him alongside Brown with 2 attacking wide players and we'll be fine tonight.

As for McGregor and Ferguson not playing tonight, good, I wouldn't have started them anyway.

nope, if he did play for an spl side I would be still against him being in the side. He doesnt do very well breaking up the play for scotland and continually lets us down defensively at set pieces, the italy game being my prime example.

Perhaps if he is played deeper with someone other than Barry, we might see the best of him. But up until now, his performances have been poor. If he plays a blinder tonight ill be on here to eat my words, but i cant see it

nope, if he did play for an spl side I would be still against him being in the side. He doesnt do very well breaking up the play for scotland and continually lets us down defensively at set pieces, the italy game being my prime example.

Perhaps if he is played deeper with someone other than Barry, we might see the best of him. But up until now, his performances have been poor. If he plays a blinder tonight ill be on here to eat my words, but i cant see it

Ferguson isn't playing tonight; Fletch'll play a blinder* ^_^

(*As long as Burley doesn't mess it up somehow, by playing Teale, or brining Caldwell into midfield or something like that)

Ferguson isn't playing tonight; Fletch'll play a blinder* ^_^

(*As long as Burley doesn't mess it up somehow, by playing Teale, or brining Caldwell into midfield or something like that)

I think he might do that.

Play Caldwell in a sitting role and tell fletcher and Broon to attack.

I think we'll struggle tonight but sneak a 1 goal win. If we get beat Burley is for the offski

Id go for

Gordon

Hutton Berra McManus Whittaker

Brown Caldwell Robson

McCormack Iwelumo Fletcher

Chose whittaker as naysmith hasnt played well for us in a while and icant think of any decent left backs

We need to go for the win tonight. That team is probably the most positive we have and could be adapted into a 442, 352 or 451 if need be

I've been thinking we should go 433 all week, as two up front forces Ross to play on the wing, when he's the most in form striker we have!!!

Although I'd rather play Caldwell up front than Iwelumo. <_>

I'd go with:

______________Gordon

Hutton___Caldwell___McManus___Naysmith

Morrison___Brown___Fletcher___Fletcher

_______McCormack___Miller

Agree with that starting line up but Morrison may be used as a straight swap for Ferguson (the captain who leads by example).

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I would go with:

Gordon

Hutton Caldwell McManus Naysmith

McCormack Brown Fletcher Whittaker

Iwelumo Fletcher

I would initially have kept Berra in for McManus but I don't see McManus not starting if fit and I'd have played Ferguson instead of Fletcher on Saturdays performance but if what's being said today is true that isn't very likely. I'd be very surprised if this is the line up as I don't see Miller being dropped and I'm unsure if Burley would go for Whittaker on the wing, even though Whittaker and McCormack are the only decent options for the wings in the squad, I feel Morrison is better in the middle and shouldn't be considered out wide.

I've been thinking we should go 433 all week, as two up front forces Ross to play on the wing, when he's the most in form striker we have!!!

Although I'd rather play Caldwell up front than Iwelumo. <_>

big iwelumo gets a hard time because of THAT miss :ph34r: I reckon he'll come good. We need to attack tonight

im with alot o folk who want a 4 3 3 tonight - id go with

Gordon

Hutton

Caldwell

McManus

Naysmith

Brown

D. Fletcher

McCormack

S. Fletcher

Iwelumo

Miller

I'm smart and I want respect!

Excellent! Gordon in goal, and Fletcher able to play to the best of his ability without Barry getting in the way constantly and demanding the ball to do .. errr .. nothing with it.

Still don't believe the stick Fletcher gets from Scotland fans, he is one of the best players in the team! As for someone who posted above ... there's a reason he's playing for Man Utd and not in the SPL. :rolleyes:

4-4-2 with Hutton, Caldwell, McManus and Naysmith (who is our best option - great in attack, naturally left footed). Morrison and McCormack on the wings with Brown and Fletcher in the middle, and Miller and Fletcher up front. That's my bet anyway.

TTG JIM!!!

Excellent! Gordon in goal, and Fletcher able to play to the best of his ability without Barry getting in the way constantly and demanding the ball to do .. errr .. nothing with it.

Still don't believe the stick Fletcher gets from Scotland fans, he is one of the best players in the team! As for someone who posted above ... there's a reason he's playing for Man Utd and not in the SPL. :rolleyes:

4-4-2 with Hutton, Caldwell, McManus and Naysmith (who is our best option - great in attack, naturally left footed). Morrison and McCormack on the wings with Brown and Fletcher in the middle, and Miller and Fletcher up front. That's my bet anyway.

I'd go with that team

"Only by understanding what a rebellion accomplishes can we see its limitations. A rebellion disrupts the society, but it does not provide what is necessary to establish a new social order." James and Grace Lee Boggs.

Archived