Draw - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Draw

Tooth & Nail

Allegedly,

"The remaining 28 teams begin play from the 1st round. They are drawn into random pairings with the games played at the stadium of the first team drawn. The 14 teams advancing from the first round are joined by the 10 teams who received byes into the 2nd round. Of the 24 teams competing in the 2nd round, the 12 teams who finished highest in the league during the previous season are seeded against the second group of 12. The teams who advance from the 2nd round are joined by the final four teams in the 3rd round, again, with seeding in place. The remaining rounds of competition are unseeded."

Thats just wiki, but its more than you'll get form the SFL.

Aye, sounds right to me. Seeding for the next round, so give us the Skunks at Love Street.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The cup is seeded - lower league teams can't meet each other.

to get the skunks we need either ict or aberdeen to lose tonight or they will be unseeded like us

"Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals."

Hopefully seeding IS in place, making it much less likely of drawing a first division side. Although there would be the chance of Queens being seeded as they start in the 3rd round.

If it's entirely based on last seasons league positions the seeding would be

Seeds

Celtic

Rangers

Motherwell

Dundee United

Falkirk

Aberdeen, Heart of Midlothian and Inverness Caledonian Thistle (dependent on tonights results)

unseeded

St Mirren

Kilmarnock/Brechin City

Hamilton Academical

Queen of the South

Dunfermline Athletic

Partick Thistle

Livingston

Morton

If any of Aberdeen, Hearts or Caley lose then St. Mirren would take their place in the seedings. Assuming that the way I've worked it out is how it goes. If the seedings were made before last nights games then we would be a seed of the basis that Hibs would have been a seed.

Also based on my way of thinking, Dunning you need one of the seeds to go out tonight for us to get a last trip to Love Street.

Hopefully seeding IS in place, making it much less likely of drawing a first division side. Although there would be the chance of Queens being seeded as they start in the 3rd round.

Seeds

Celtic

Rangers

Motherwell

Dundee United

Falkirk

Aberdeen, Heart of Midlothian and Inverness Caledonian Thistle (dependent on tonights results)

unseeded

St Mirren

Kilmarnock/Brechin City

Hamilton Academical

Queen of the South

Dunfermline Athletic

Partick Thistle

Livingston

Morton

If any of Aberdeen, Hearts or Caley lose then St. Mirren would take their place in the seedings. Assuming that the way I've worked it out is how it goes. If the seedings were made before last nights games then we would be a seed of the basis that Hibs would have been a seed.

Also based on my way of thinking, Dunning you need one of the seeds to go out tonight for us to get a last trip to Love Street.

Yep, and if Queens are also seeded we'll need two of ICT, Hearts and Aberdeen to lose for a game against St. Mirren. :(

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Yep, and if Queens are also seeded we'll need two of ICT, Hearts and Aberdeen to lose for a game against St. Mirren. :(

Aye. I really don't want St Mirren though, we could do with the money that Ibrox/Parkhead brings to allow Davie to strengthen the team in January!

Aye. I really don't want St Mirren though, we could do with the money that Ibrox/Parkhead brings to allow Davie to strengthen the team in January!

But we could beat them, and have the money from a near sell out at Love Street as well as money from a game away to the OF. B)

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Aberdeen are through after winning 1-0 at Ayr, Kille 2-0 up vs. Brechin. Arbroath 2-2 ICT, Airdrie 0-0 Hearts. Want to avoid Dons away me thinks!

Best possible draw is Rangers at Ibrox. That gives us the most money, while actually having a decent view in the away end. If not, then I wouldn't mind trips to Falkirk, Aberdeen, Hearts or ICT as I have never been to any of them before.

Mon the Ton

Whats this "money-spinner" talk all about???

So much for Morton being a club of ambition. I want ICT at Cappielow, since they are the easiest draw that we can get, apparently.

Anyone who wants a "lucrative" draw over a winnable one is having a laugh. I would give a hundred 3rd round ties against the OF for the chance of progressing. We haven't had a respectable cup run for almost a decade now, whilst we have sat and watched teams no better than us playing in Europe, namedly Gretna and QotS.

So what if we can't make Europe through the CIS? GMFC achieving a bit of credibility and respect after god knows how long of embarrassing ourselves is worth so much more than a cup draw against a team we will most likely get hammered by.

AWMSC

So much for Morton being a club of ambition. I want ICT at Cappielow, since they are the easiest draw that we can get, apparently.

Anyone who wants a "lucrative" draw over a winnable one is having a laugh. I would give a hundred 3rd round ties against the OF for the chance of progressing. We haven't had a respectable cup run for almost a decade now, whilst we have sat and watched teams no better than us playing in Europe, namedly Gretna and QotS.

So what if we can't make Europe through the CIS? GMFC achieving a bit of credibility and respect after god knows how long of embarrassing ourselves is worth so much more than a cup draw against a team we will most likely get hammered by.

Completely agree.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

That's the ideal scenario. We're so used to getting humped at this stage of competitions that I'd rather take a beating from one of the OF along with plenty of MUNNY than go out ignominiously with little return.

IF you can guarantee that we'll progress-by all means! :)

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

Seeds

Celtic

Rangers

Motherwell

Dundee United

Falkirk

Aberdeen

Inverness Caledonian Thistle

St Mirren

unseeded

Kilmarnock

Hamilton Academical

Queen of the South

Dunfermline Athletic

Partick Thistle

Livingston

Morton

Airdrie United

At least we're not the bottom seeds anymore :lol:

But we could beat them, and have the money from a near sell out at Love Street as well as money from a game away to the OF. B)

We could, but we didn't in the Renfrewshire Cup although we've strengthened our defence signing Dominic since then.

Rangers away isn't that much of a challenge, Thistle took them to a replay last season and got TV money from it (I don't know if there's TV money in this round. Is there?)

I'd like to see Iain Russell against David "Father Time" Weir, he would fancy his chances!

We could, but we didn't in the Renfrewshire Cup although we've strengthened our defence signing Dominic since then.

Rangers away isn't that much of a challenge, Thistle took them to a replay last season and got TV money from it (I don't know if there's TV money in this round. Is there?)

I'd like to see Iain Russell against David "Father Time" Weir, he would fancy his chances!

There's one live game on BBC Scotland from the Third Round, so that's the only real chance to make TV money as the highlights cash will be relatively minimal.

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man"

morton4rp5.png

Archived