Challenge Cup 3rd Round - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Challenge Cup 3rd Round

Toby

I know, f***'s sake MortonBug, did he shag yer burd or summat?

Guy is perfectly entitled to a moan......is he not?

Does he do anything else?

Am i only one here who thinks, that when you hear about these folk who haven't missed a football match in years n years that they are either talkin a power of it, or there's something bigger missing in their lives? Or is it that one day you find that you haven't missed a game in however long and cant bring yourself to break the run?

The mindset of these sort of people has always kinda puzzled me, I've been watchin morton from when i was too young to remember, but i dont think i could ever let it completely dictate my life.

I know, f***'s sake MortonBug, did he shag yer burd or summat?

Guy is perfectly entitled to a moan......is he not?

:lol:

Sure he is, but the only way he appears to support Morton is by moaning! If football is his passion he has a funny way of showing it, he looks like he is about to burst a blood vessel any time I see him at a match. I'm sure he enjoys it often, but he looks and seems so angry and depressed at most away games! I'm just saying, is it that hard to make your peace with missing one match? It is naturally disappointing, but nine years is a long time. How many hundred matches? To miss one, is it that, smash a glass in frustration bad?

I know I'm a whingebag at times too, but I just don't think missing one match out of nine years is as big a deal as he is making out! Its disappointing, but I voluntarily missed two matches last year because of birthdays, I didn't have to but some things are more important than football. It is entertainment, a luxury item, its not the be all and end all! I usually miss one or two matches on average a season, usually through illness and some event, I can live with it. I'm sure if I had to miss half of the games or more for work or something else, I would. Plenty of guys on here do, it doesn't rule their lives seemingly.

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

That is a lot of crap and you know it Toby! You are basically claiming to be a better and more loyal fan than anyone else. Because you, and at most a few hundred people are, unfortunately, missing a Challenge Cup match, you think your needs should be catered for, and to hell with the rest of us! If I was going to Macedonia I'd get over it, instead of acting like a big baby!

Some people can't afford to go to every Scotland away match and every Morton match, it doesn't make them useless fans next to you because they don't go everywhere or that they contribute less.

I recognised you standing at the back of the stand in Prague, your face tripping you. This was basically a holiday for Scotland fans, and you looked like what was happening on the park was eating you alive! You go to all the matches, but it seems to be the bain of your life, you look miserable and shout x-rated bile from the stands.

You can miss a match, take a pill and move on!

Don't talk absolute s***e!! :angry:

I was standing with him and singing along with the rest of the Tartan Army. If we were lookin straight faced then maybe it was due to partying hard with the rest of the fans the night before. ;)

I have looked at his post and cannot see any evidence of him claimimg to be a better fan than anyone else, he is merely pointing out his frustration and anger at having to miss a Morton game after having a perfect record over the past decade.

Don't talk absolute s***e!! :angry:

I was standing with him and singing along with the rest of the Tartan Army. If we were lookin straight faced then maybe it was due to partying hard with the rest of the fans the night before. ;)

I have looked at his post and cannot see any evidence of him claimimg to be a better fan than anyone else, he is merely pointing out his frustration and anger at having to miss a Morton game after having a perfect record over the past decade.

Fair do's mate. Most of the time I see the guy, which I admit, isn't all of the time, his face is tripping him and he looks depressed/very angry! Another guy at the game with me in Prague recognised him too and made the same comment, not out of nastiness, just saying what he saw! You would know better, and I'm not going to argue with that! :)

He claimed that fans in the minority he put himself in were the important fans, the ones who put the money in by going to more matches, and this fixture being scheduled hindered them and was an insult, that says he considers himself a better fan than quite a few others! People who maybe don't have the money, or free time to get to every match by that logic, shouldn't count and they should have considered the tiny amount of people going to Skopje! The minority don't always benefit, and I know he is a grown up who probably realises this. Its bloody annoying, but I don't think its the end of the world, I think most would agree.

I think missing one football match out of a decade is a pretty insignificant thing, particularly when you look at how bad life could be in general! I'm just saying if it were me, I'd definitely be disappointed but then I'd move on. Because there is more to life than football.............

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

That is a lot of crap and you know it Toby! You are basically claiming to be a better and more loyal fan than anyone else. Because you, and at most a few hundred people are, unfortunately, missing a Challenge Cup match, you think your needs should be catered for, and to hell with the rest of us! If I was going to Macedonia I'd get over it, instead of acting like a big baby!

Some people can't afford to go to every Scotland away match and every Morton match, it doesn't make them useless fans next to you because they don't go everywhere or that they contribute less.

I recognised you standing at the back of the stand in Prague, your face tripping you. This was basically a holiday for Scotland fans, and you looked like what was happening on the park was eating you alive! You go to all the matches, but it seems to be the bain of your life, you look miserable and shout x-rated bile from the stands.

You can miss a match, take a pill and move on!

I've heard it all now! for all the things I've been accused of and criticised about in my time watching football.... standing at the back of a stand with my face tripping me?!?!?!?! Not fighting, not shouting racist or sectarian abuse, not being drunk and disorderly, not giving a manager a hard time..... STANDING AT THE BACK OF A STAND WITH MY FACE TRIPPING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Come on, I don't know you from Adam. I've maybe spoke to you before and can't put you to your internet user name and you've had a problem with me but you're clutching at straws a bit there if you think that's something worth slating me for.

I don't remember saying I was any more important than anyone else either. Care to point out where I did? I feel it is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make that the SFL won't arrange games around the time of a full international as alot of fans of clubs would want to follow Scotland. I may be one of very few Morton fans suffering but supporters of other SFL clubs will to. The Challenge Cup is, always has been and always will be a predominantly mid-week tournament, barring the final and the odd ocassion the first round takes place on a Saturday when it doesn't clash with anything else. So why change now? So that a couple of folk that wouldn't have bothered on a Tuesday night come along and to hell with those who want to follow Scotland too? This doesn't suit me but how many die hards that would have gone on the Sunday would really struggle with a Tueday night, bearing in mind that is commonly when the ties are played?

Does he do anything else?

Am i only one here who thinks, that when you hear about these folk who haven't missed a football match in years n years that they are either talkin a power of it, or there's something bigger missing in their lives? Or is it that one day you find that you haven't missed a game in however long and cant bring yourself to break the run?

The mindset of these sort of people has always kinda puzzled me, I've been watchin morton from when i was too young to remember, but i dont think i could ever let it completely dictate my life.

So what if there is something missing from my life. Some people choose to live their lives differently from others. My priority is to go and watch Morton. Call me sad for letting that dictate my life but that's what I choose to do, I make no apologies for it. Whatever floats your boat and all that.

:lol:

Sure he is, but the only way he appears to support Morton is by moaning! If football is his passion he has a funny way of showing it, he looks like he is about to burst a blood vessel any time I see him at a match. I'm sure he enjoys it often, but he looks and seems so angry and depressed at most away games! I'm just saying, is it that hard to make your peace with missing one match? It is naturally disappointing, but nine years is a long time. How many hundred matches? To miss one, is it that, smash a glass in frustration bad?

I know I'm a whingebag at times too, but I just don't think missing one match out of nine years is as big a deal as he is making out! Its disappointing, but I voluntarily missed two matches last year because of birthdays, I didn't have to but some things are more important than football. It is entertainment, a luxury item, its not the be all and end all! I usually miss one or two matches on average a season, usually through illness and some event, I can live with it. I'm sure if I had to miss half of the games or more for work or something else, I would. Plenty of guys on here do, it doesn't rule their lives seemingly.

That's up to you if you've got other things to do that take priority, I'm really, truly pleased for you. I on the other hand don't want to miss matches. I'll be missing my mate's wedding on 12th July for the Ayr friendly and didn't think twice about it. So yes, missing a game because the game's administrators want to make more money pisses me right off.

I'll be missing my mate's wedding on 12th July for the Ayr friendly and didn't think twice about it.

Really? f*** sake, mate. :lol:

Haud on, 12th July? You're off to Ireland aren't you, ya bigotted basturt! :P

*scores Toby off his wedding list*

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Really? f*** sake, mate. :lol:

Haud on, 12th July? You're off to Ireland aren't you, ya bigotted basturt! :P

*scores Toby off his wedding list*

7th September!!

The day after my wedding!!

Looks like the Caribbean cruise is canceled and I'll be heading to the cowshed for my honeymoon.

FINAL ETERNITY AROUSES REACTIONS

FREEING EXCELLANCE AFFECTS REALITY

FALLEN EMPIRES ARE RULING

FIND EARTH AND REAP

7th September!!

The day after my wedding!!

Looks like the Caribbean cruise is canceled and I'll be heading to the cowshed for my honeymoon.

The day after mine too (I have to admit that the lack of Morton game on the 6th of September was a big reason for picking the date)!

I'll just have to make do with Iceland :)

Although I'm going to be at the other end of the country when Scotland are playing in Reykjavik :(

I've heard it all now! for all the things I've been accused of and criticised about in my time watching football.... standing at the back of a stand with my face tripping me?!?!?!?! Not fighting, not shouting racist or sectarian abuse, not being drunk and disorderly, not giving a manager a hard time..... STANDING AT THE BACK OF A STAND WITH MY FACE TRIPPING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I wasn't slating you for it and I have never had a crossed word with you! I recognise you from matches and you maybe would me, no idea. I was basically saying how seriously you seem to take it. Now, as you've explained, its an important priority in life for you, I get it. You take it as as seriously as other people maybe do in paying the bills during the credit crunch or getting their child into the school of their choice I guess? Its that important to you.

I'm not going to call you sad. I am surprised at your honesty, a little dismayed that anyone honestly would miss a friend's wedding to go to a meaningless friendly match, for me that would be an unhealthy obsession. Thats your prerogative I guess. Morton is the most important thing in your life. If that is the case, good luck to you. It explains why missing this game has come like a death in the family to you.

Fair do's mate. Most of the time I see the guy, which I admit, isn't all of the time, his face is tripping him and he looks depressed/very angry! Another guy at the game with me in Prague recognised him too and made the same comment, not out of nastiness, just saying what he saw! You would know better, and I'm not going to argue with that! :)

He claimed that fans in the minority he put himself in were the important fans, the ones who put the money in by going to more matches, and this fixture being scheduled hindered them and was an insult, that says he considers himself a better fan than quite a few others! People who maybe don't have the money, or free time to get to every match by that logic, shouldn't count and they should have considered the tiny amount of people going to Skopje! The minority don't always benefit, and I know he is a grown up who probably realises this. Its bloody annoying, but I don't think its the end of the world, I think most would agree.

I think missing one football match out of a decade is a pretty insignificant thing, particularly when you look at how bad life could be in general! I'm just saying if it were me, I'd definitely be disappointed but then I'd move on. Because there is more to life than football.............

I go to matches quite often with the guy and must say, we have an absolute laugh and make a great day out of it. Maybe he can take the games too serious at times, but every supporter reacts to their teams results in different ways. I have lost count of the number of times I have made an arse of myself by gettin too drunk, too abusive or depressed on a Saturday night. Morton mean a great deal to all of us I am sure, and I know it dictates how I'm feeling on a regular basis. U claim there is more to life than football, u should have said that to me after the Thistle game when McGuffie missed that last min pen!! :P

U do seem to have somewhat attacked Toby here without actually knowing him, maybe you've read some of the crap spouted on here about what he/we have done at some games (U must not shout at the football ;) ).

Prague was amazing and we spent a week over there with a Hibs supporting mate, funnily enough the Friday night after the game was the best night out I've had in years. :) Have u ever thought that maybe he is just a straight faced character? I have often been called an ignorant c***, I don't mean to be, I just don't smile sometimes!! :rolleyes:

I go to matches quite often with the guy and must say, we have an absolute laugh and make a great day out of it. Maybe he can take the games too serious at times, but every supporter reacts to their teams results in different ways. I have lost count of the number of times I have made an arse of myself by gettin too drunk, too abusive or depressed on a Saturday night. Morton mean a great deal to all of us I am sure, and I know it dictates how I'm feeling on a regular basis. U claim there is more to life than football, u should have said that to me after the Thistle game when McGuffie missed that last min pen!! :P

U do seem to have somewhat attacked Toby here without actually knowing him, maybe you've read some of the crap spouted on here about what he/we have done at some games (U must not shout at the football ;) ).

Prague was amazing and we spent a week over there with a Hibs supporting mate, funnily enough the Friday night after the game was the best night out I've had in years. :) Have u ever thought that maybe he is just a straight faced character? I have often been called an ignorant c***, I don't mean to be, I just don't smile sometimes!! :rolleyes:

I won't deny that I feel down when they lose and elated when they win something, or win an important match. I felt amazing after that game up at Firhill in April. I consider myself a passionate Morton and Scotland fan, and I get to almost every match. I'm not slagging him off or attacking him, I'm going on my experience of reading what he has typed and seeing him myself at matches! I guess I have never met somebody who actually admits their life is a football team and you know him better than I do. Of course it feels like the only thing in the world when Morton or Scotland have lost, but for me, its something I move on from the next day, if not the evening following the match! Of course you revel in a fantastic result for a while and feel down when they've been relegated, but as a fan, you look at what's next.

I'm a straight faced character myself, I'm aware I come across as having quite a serious demeanour even when I'm not in a dark mood, I know where your coming from! I take all your points though. I certainly wasn't trying to attack the guy.

I have lost count of the number of times I have made an arse of myself by gettin too drunk

Aye, it's about time you grew up. I only got f***ed at a game once the whole of last season and we know what happened there. :lol:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Aye, it's about time you grew up. I only got f***ed at a game once the whole of last season and we know what happened there. :lol:

Grew up? Feck that! :P

U only got rubbered at one game as u are saving for a wedding my man? Wot a day it was tho eh!! :)

I love the fitba with a few beers, I just go a little ott sometimes!! :o :lol:

Grew up? Feck that! :P

U only got rubbered at one game as u are saving for a wedding my man? Wot a day it was tho eh!! :)

I love the fitba with a few beers, I just go a little ott sometimes!! :o :lol:

Sshhhh. My halo might slip. B)

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Come on, I don't know you from Adam. I've maybe spoke to you before and can't put you to your internet user name and you've had a problem with me but you're clutching at straws a bit there if you think that's something worth slating me for.

I don't remember saying I was any more important than anyone else either. Care to point out where I did? I feel it is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make that the SFL won't arrange games around the time of a full international as alot of fans of clubs would want to follow Scotland. I may be one of very few Morton fans suffering but supporters of other SFL clubs will to. The Challenge Cup is, always has been and always will be a predominantly mid-week tournament, barring the final and the odd ocassion the first round takes place on a Saturday when it doesn't clash with anything else. So why change now? So that a couple of folk that wouldn't have bothered on a Tuesday night come along and to hell with those who want to follow Scotland too? This doesn't suit me but how many die hards that would have gone on the Sunday would really struggle with a Tueday night, bearing in mind that is commonly when the ties are played?

So what if there is something missing from my life. Some people choose to live their lives differently from others. My priority is to go and watch Morton. Call me sad for letting that dictate my life but that's what I choose to do, I make no apologies for it. Whatever floats your boat and all that.

That's up to you if you've got other things to do that take priority, I'm really, truly pleased for you. I on the other hand don't want to miss matches. I'll be missing my mate's wedding on 12th July for the Ayr friendly and didn't think twice about it. So yes, missing a game because the game's administrators want to make more money pisses me right off.

it said on the link that bryan posted that they spoke with clubs and it was decided that having just came back from pre season and the season just starting and with the league, challenge cup, CIS cup that it seemed like for the first weeks of the season they were playing saturday, wednesday, saturday, wednesday etc which was not a good way to start the season, espescially for part time clubs who wouldnt get the chance to train if they were playing that often, and also fans dont want to be paying into two games a week every week for the first 5 weeks of the season.

fair enough points for me.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Archived