Your Team For Saturday And Predictions - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Your Team For Saturday And Predictions

Deego

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McGurn

MacGregor Greacen Harding McLaughlin

Paartalu Jenkins

Millar Stevenson McAlister

Russell

And a score draw.

I like that. Would probably have Peter in ahead of Russell though. And possibly Finlayson ahead of Stevenson (and move Millar inside).

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

-------------------------Robinson---------------------

------------Greacen---McGregor---Harding---------

Finlayson--------------Paartalu----------McLaughlin

-------------Millar------Jenkins----McAllister---------

-------------------------Weatherson-------------------

10 men behind the ball when defending and Millar, McAllister and Jenkins are no slouches when it comes to supporting the striker. Sub Weatherson after 60 minutes unless he is on a hat-trick. That way he works his socks off then bring Russell or Wake on. We should have enough presence in that midfield to deal with Dundee and hopefully we will have worked on our set-pieces for this week!

If Jenkins is not fit, put McGuffie in, or Stevenson...whichever has worked harder in training!

-------------------------McGurn---------------------

Finlayson--------------Paartalu----------McAllister

-------------Millar------Jenkins----Stevenson---------

I would go with this. The score will probably be 0-0.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

I thought about that, but I just think McAllister could have more influence on the game if he was slightly further up the pitch.

-------------------Robinson

McGregor - Harding - Greacen - McLaughlin

-------------------Paartalu

Finlayson --- Millar ---- Jenkins --- McAlister

-----------------Weatherson

Russell

McGuffie

Stevenson

Keenan

McGurn

Morton 2-0 Dundee :o

That's what I expect and tbh I feel we should stick with it for Saturday.

1-1 - we just don't win.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Stevenson couldn't even get on the bench last Saturday! Doubt he'll play. McGuffie in for Finlalyson and Russell for Jamie and you're there I think. :rolleyes:

I ain't relishing this game especially after Dundee failed to beat Partick . Dundees midfield are strong we'll hve to get on McDonald and give him a hard time of it. I think we have to continue with making ourselves difficult to beat .

Dundee will be under pressure to get the points the longer we can prevent them from scoring I think he better chance we have of sneaking victory .

I ain't relishing this game especially after Dundee failed to beat Partick . Dundees midfield are strong we'll hve to get on McDonald and give him a hard time of it. I think we have to continue with making ourselves difficult to beat .

Dundee will be under pressure to get the points the longer we can prevent them from scoring I think he better chance we have of sneaking victory .

If Partick beat them then we must be able to beat them because partick are utter s*** i would take the same result as particks 1-0 a win is a win

totally agree. i know quite a few dundee supporters through here and they're hurting after the partick game. they've been quite complimentary about us though. said we've played about the best football at dens this season... just that we've been mince in both boxes!

Stevenson couldn't even get on the bench last Saturday! Doubt he'll play. McGuffie in for Finlalyson and Russell for Jamie and you're there I think. :rolleyes:

The thread title is "your team" for Saturday.

I don't think the team I typed will be the team that will actually play. ;) :(

I'm confused as to why some people:

want to leave Robinson out after his recent form

are inlcuding Stevenson in the starting 11

are predicting Russell as a lone striker

are including Brian Wake on the bench, Graham should be ahead of him

TTG JIM!!!

Easy:

1) Robinson has cost us god knows how many daft points this season, and just doesn't inspire confidence even if he hasn't blundered the last few games.

2) Jamie is by far the most creative player we have, and the most talented central midfielder Morton have had for a long while.

3) Russell has a bit of pace and fight about him, even if he isn't the greatest finisher.

4) Wake is nowhere near as bad as people want to think. He's done no less than any of our other strikers over the last few weeks. I would question others before him.

AWMSC

1. McGurn communicates with the defence and commands his area better.

2. agreed he's been an empty shirt all season

3. agreed, cant finish his dinner.

4. both poor, but can see your point.

I want a pretentious signature too.

I would go with this. The score will probably be 0-0.

When will everyone realise that Weatherson is not lone striker material. He does not have the pace anymore, or the willingness to chase down lost causes. I would put Russell, Wake or Graham up front on their own. Grahams young sure but he will run like hell to chase down everything.

Wake will try like anything to get every lost cause he won us a penalty against partick at home. He was getting right into Hamilton away when he came on. When we give him a chance he does well, I don't see why people are scapegoating him.

If not these two Russell could do with a bit more willingness but he is a half decent striker sometimes..... :huh:

Archived