David Mcgregor - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

David Mcgregor

Benny Boy

So David McGregor's to be the next whipping boy!!!

That's very unfair-he's played for us through thick and thin, struggling back after nasty injuries, and so far as I'm concerned he's one of the true professionals in our squad.

I DON'T think he's a natural left back or central defender, and obviously with the competition, he struggles to get a midfield position. Whether he's first division standard or not has yet to be proven, but he's just another victim of JM's 'mix and match' charade, and in no way does he alone deserve the blame for our poor defensive record.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

That's very unfair-he's played for us through thick and thin, struggling back after nasty injuries, and so far as I'm concerned he's one of the true professionals in our squad.

I DON'T think he's a natural left back or central defender, and obviously with the competition, he struggles to get a midfield position. Whether he's first division standard or not has yet to be proven, but he's just another victim of JM's 'mix and match' charade, and in no way does he alone deserve the blame for our poor defensive record.

Agreed. The only thing that will sort the defence is some proper coaching and decent organisation. We know who's responsible for that.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Wrong. Benny Boy's disliked McGregor as a defender for as long as I remember. I only know this as I completely agree with him - McGregor is an absolutely useless centre half. He get's turned inside out by absolutely everyone. I think he's potentially a decent midfielder although we'll probably never know.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

Wrong. Benny Boy's disliked McGregor as a defender for as long as I remember. I only know this as I completely agree with him - McGregor is an absolutely useless centre half. He get's turned inside out by absolutely everyone. I think he's potentially a decent midfielder although we'll probably never know.

:lol:

So he can't get a place in midfield, he's a 'useless' centre half, he's not the quickest, and he's right footed.

Mr McInally, or should that be McInrae, however, has had him as an 'ever present' since he returned from injury!

For what it's worth I agree with your sentiments about the boy's ability, but blaming him for an 'implosion' in our defence is laughable, and in any case it might be better pointing fingers at others who are NOT apparently pulling their weight at the moment.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

If he's right footed, why not play him at right back?

A cultured player, always appears quite thoughtful and less inclined to hoof it at every opportunity.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That makes me sad. :(

Think McGregor gets the sympathy vote from a lot of people due to his bad luck with injuries and the length of time he's been at the club. Fact is though, in my opinion, he's never been anything more than average... and he seems to have slowed down a bit over the years. Has never really impressed me.

Shouldn't single him out though, there isn't one player in the current squad that impresses regularly.

McGregor returns to the team... and our already shaky defence completely implodes.

What a remarkable coincidence.

You wouldn't know a Bulldog if it jumped up and bit you on the arse never mind a good footballer.

MacGregor has been one of best servants at Morton Football Club for years. Totally committed to the cause, more that I can say for some of our so called supporters.

No sympathy intended from my part. He's the only defender we have that plays with his head, and reads the game exceptionally well. How many times do we see him making last gasp tackles when the calamity brothers have made mistakes? He lacks a little pace, probably the only reason that he's probably reached his peak at this level, but is a solid performer who very rarely lets us down.

Saturday wasn't his finest hour, but then again not many can say they played as well as they could.

Should be club captain.

You wouldn't know a Bulldog if it jumped up and bit you on the arse never mind a good footballer.

MacGregor has been one of best servants at Morton Football Club for years. Totally committed to the cause, more that I can say for some of our so called supporters.

I don't think that anyone is questioning that. They are only questioning his footballing ability. I remember posting in the third division season, when I used to fly up a lot for games, asking whether he checked the incoming flight manifests before deciding to have a howler. I think that he flatters to deceive, plus everyone wants him to succeed because of the highlighted comments.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

So is Tony Cowden, let's play him. :blink:

If he's right footed, why not play him at right back?

A cultured player, always appears quite thoughtful and less inclined to hoof it at every opportunity.

The reason he's never played right back is because he doesn't panic and is a bit more cultured. Other right footed players would s***e themselves at the thought of clearing the ball with their left foot or having to cut inside to make a pass.

I think his best posistion would be right back.

Morton F.C.
Renfrewshire Football League Champions since 1895

David McGregor's a bit of a pardox. You can tell he's a good footballer but you really couldn't put your finger on what posistion he is. Perhaps he'd be better at right back.

Totally agree with that. JM said that Mcgregor was going to be a holding midfielder. Not sure if that's his best position either. He's been great since he came back. Couple of glitches on Saturday mind you.

Totally agree with SALC as well. McGregor reads the game well and has good positioning.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

Archived