TheMortonForum.com

£50k Was He Worth It

Guest se56an

Guest se56an

Now Willaims has gone to Clyde on a freebie.

Do you think he was worth the £50k we paid for him?

OK he played a part in getting us out of the third, but he played a bigger part in our downfall to stop us gettting to the 1st.

What's your thoughts?? :D

Now Willaims has gone to Clyde on a freebie.

Do you think he was worth the £50k we paid for him?

OK he played a part in getting us out of the third, but he played a bigger part in our downfall to stop us gettting to the 1st.

What's your thoughts?? :D

12033[/snapback]

Think we got the best of him for the money we paid. He was worth the dough at the time but now its wages saved.

Was he worth it ? probably not in the end up.

£50k was an extremely high amount of money for Morton to pay in a transfer. And that is what annoys me with all the "hope you do well" mob.

I feel for Dougie Rae. He put his faith and money in Williams.He took a chance on Williams,and Williams never re-paid him,neither in loyalty or performance.

Whether he makes it in the future,or fails miserably, I couldn't care less.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I'll tell you one thing for certain,now he has signed for Clyde,the two clubs are now destined to meet in a cup competition this season.

Mark my words, you heard it here first !!

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Guest David Edwards

I thought that I read in the Times tonight that he had knocked back Clyde to sign for the Binos. :unsure:

Was he worth £50k? Probably not. But aint hindsight wonderful.

Will Templeman prove worthy of £100k?

We will just have to wait and see. :huh:

Guest se56an
If Alex hadn't done well at Morton he wouldn't have earned a  contract extension. enough said ; and he didn't go to Clyde on a freebie , he was released.

12045[/snapback]

No, if he had done well he would have still been on contract!!

:)

When we paid 50k for him we paid that money for young player of year & a proven goalscorer he was getting a reputation for a goalscorer at Stirling & done well in his first season for us.

Think it all went to his head after that his performances werent up to scratch & he was looking to blame someone else which was his biggest mistake.

Graham Roberts or Allan Moore whihc ever one decides to sign him has to put their foot down from day one or he will walk all over them.

user posted image

He had/has the potential to be a prolific striker and that is what DDFR invested in. However, at the time, we were warned by Stirling fans what to expect. As someone else has already mentioned, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but he did give us some wonderful moments. Worth 50K?, probably not, but the potential to reap a big profit was clearly a possibility and DDFR took that risk.

Guest se56an
yes and piss off sean,  :P

12116[/snapback]

As in piss off

This post has been edited by a moderator because sean's naughty :P

Williams was worth 50k he scored the goals that fired us into Division 2. Although his last season was rubbish to say the least he was a big factor in why we are in Division 2. Probably wasn't wise giving him a contract extension but at the time it was a good decison. Hindsight is a great thing.

Archived