A Morton Strip? - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

A Morton Strip?

Found an old Daily Record special (belonged to my uncle - the price on it is 3/6 :D ). The 1969 final was between the *ld f*rm, but we lost in the semis 4-1 to c*lt*c.

Here are 4 colour pics from that booklet - I've left the captions below as proof that it is actually us. :o

Anyone know why we were dressed as ****? :angry:

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

And Celtic are dressed as Leeds United!?!?! :)

That's a weird one.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Worked a treat, Hal, well done!

If anything it probably fired them up all the more to beat us (or was that what you meant?) - personally I think that sending a Morton team out in that outfit is shocking.

If we did that nowadays, my scarf would be on the pitch and I'd be heading for the exit. :angry:

Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

It's the red socks that is the real sickener - up to our knees in **** blood that day! :(

Yes, I was being sarcastic. It didn't work.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture - Laurie Anderson

Yer Dong

Allan Moore, yer wife's a very nice woman,

we're gonna win the league for sure.

Did we not at one point have almost fluorescent green and orange strips, each strip worn against one of the bigot brothers?

Or am I talking bs? :rolleyes:

We definitely had a tangerine change strip, but that was worn against anyone we clashed with (at Scapa, cos in the 70s the home team changed).

I have a photo of it below (white or blue shorts were worn).

We definitely had a tangerine change strip, but that was worn against anyone we clashed with (at Scapa, cos in the 70s the home team changed).

I have that picture on a few of my Morton programmes from aroudn then. :D

That was a great strip. I used to have one that was signed by the team of that era.

If you have a problem with me, text me. If you dont have my number then you don't know me well enough to have a problem with me.

If you look at Vincent Gillens book, he actually discusses the number of strips we played in. The reason Vincent gives is during that time not every club had shirt sponsorship (something like that) and Hal bought the cheapest ones possible.

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

AT, you need to get those pics of yours hosted somewhere - maybe Tontastic? Some crackers.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.

AT, you need to get those pics of yours hosted somewhere - maybe Tontastic? Some crackers.

Tontastic and I have already been in touch - he can host anything I post. ;)

Did we not at one point have almost fluorescent green and orange strips, each strip worn against one of the bigot brothers?

Or am I talking bs? :rolleyes:

The first time that the fouorescent Orange Strip was seen was at Ibrox in an evening (and under floodlights) semi/quarter final against Celtic at Ibrox. The Celtic team came onto the pitch and after some minutes of delay the Morton team led by Davy Hayes finally ran onto the pitch wearing the orange tops and bottoms. There was an almost audible intake of breath from all in attendance (even from the Morton supporters) which seemed to last a long long time but in reality was only 4 or 5 seconds then the Celtic supporters caught their breath and the calls of "f******* o******* barstewards came forth and lasted most of the evening......an indelible memory..rock on Hal!

Looks like one of Hal's specials :) In fairness the **** strip of the time was blue shirt, white shorts, black socks with a red top.

Team for the day was Neilsen, Ferguson, Rankine, Jensen, Gray, Strachan, Harper, Allen, Mason, Sweeny, Bartram and Coakley.

The first time that the fouorescent Orange Strip was seen was at Ibrox in an evening (and under floodlights) semi/quarter final against Celtic at Ibrox. The Celtic team came onto the pitch and after some minutes of delay the Morton team led by Davy Hayes finally ran onto the pitch wearing the orange tops and bottoms. There was an almost audible intake of breath from all in attendance (even from the Morton supporters) which seemed to last a long long time but in reality was only 4 or 5 seconds then the Celtic supporters caught their breath and the calls of "f******* o******* barstewards came forth and lasted most of the evening......an indelible memory..rock on Hal!

The fluorscent strip was used in the 60's.

Davie Hayes was never the captain in the 60's if he even played then.

The tangerine strip was used in our first ever premier league game which was against Celtic at Cappielow

the jersey was initially worn with blue shorts and later with white shorts

the strip was introduced by benny rooney

Archived