Hampden parking - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Hampden parking

50 minutes ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Anyone know if we can use the car park at Hampden on Saturday or do we have to park elsewhere and walk to the stadium. 

QP fan on Pie & Bovril in response to same question

'They’ll likely be an area in the stadium car park for Morton fans, you’ll be directed there by the stewards. it’s free'

IIRC there's access to the parking from Carmunnock Rd (west of the stadium) and from Aikenhead Rd (east of the stadium).  I think there's a barrier somewhere in the middle so you might have to find out from which direction you should arrive at the ground.  Best bet is probably the Polmadie exit on the M74 which leads on to Aikenhead Road - follow that till you get to the stadium and as you get to the southern end of the site there's a signposted access to the main parking area - I assume that's where you go but if you did arrive via Carmunnock Road I suspect you could just park up that end of the premises and it's not likely to be very busy.  Different for a Scotland game but I doubt the 47k capacity will be reached on Saturday.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

1 hour ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Anyone know if we can use the car park at Hampden on Saturday or do we have to park elsewhere and walk to the stadium. 

I asked this on pnb and finally got a couple of helpful answers after an arsehole QP fan and a cuntish Arbroath fan tried to be funny.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come