Match Preview/Thread - Clyde vs Morton (16th July) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Clyde vs Morton (16th July)

Admin

20 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Lyon's lack of awareness in turning right into the tackle for the first goal is concerning, but from that angle it looks like a howler from Schwake to be beaten at his near post.

The first penalty is simply far too easy for them to get in on the goalkeeper with one simple ball from in front of our midfield. The second is just naivety from King, which is going to happen with a 17 year old who's had three starts in his career, but it's also far too easy for them to get that far in the first place. Hynes vanishes.

Aye, not great from Lyon in the first goal but where is the rest of the team by the time the shot gets hit?! There was nobody really near Lyon to start (not that it excuses him) or in any kind of useful positions to take a pass, and nobody else at all even getting into the picture by the time the goal is scored. That's just not good enough, but not unsurprising. Look at how the penalty unfolds too, the usual suspect just standing fuckin watching the ball knocking about in front of him twice and doing fuck all about it as usual. 

Schwake didn't look to clever for the first penalty incident, and the first goal looks a howler.

People are quick enough to slate Clyde (not without reason) but when do we move the ball as smoothly and quickly as they do in multiple occasions in the highlights there?  Christ, the first thing we see in the highlights is a Morton player making a cunt of the simplest of passes. 

Also, what exactly was going on behind the left-side goal? Was there just some sort of public doo going on and you could watch the game through the fence?

AWMSC

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grim viewing that. We lacked any kind of pace, urgency and directness until hynes came on which tells a story itself. 

The first goal...Lyon wants shot for giving the ball away in the middle of the park although I really hope he was told he had a man on by a teammate.  The shot itself was a total fluke imo and schwake was really unlucky. He almost got a good hand on it too. The second penalty I thought was harsh although I'd have been screaming for it had it been the other way. 

There's the making of a spider enough outfit there and I'm assuming we  have loans and other additions lined up. The perform yesterday was very undougie like and the players looked out in their feet which was the most alarming thing for me.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Yeah those highlights are pretty honking. We looked dead on our feet and Clyde looked fitter than us which is worrying this early on the season. First goal there is no way keeper should be getting beat at the near post, second one is a soft one but you can't just push someone in the box when they are running at pace but King is young enough but will need to learn quickly. We lack any presence up front and have no recognised striker who will score goals, add to that no creative midfielder and we will really struggle. 

We need more players and pronto it may only be 2 competitive games in but that team doesn't fill me with any confidence and to get so easily beaten against Clyde is embarrassing. 

16 minutes ago, RossMcC1874 said:

Yeah those highlights are pretty honking. We looked dead on our feet and Clyde looked fitter than us which is worrying this early on the season. 

I'm not concerned about fitness at this stage of the season but would like to see evidence that we're actually developing as a side based on training.

You could at least see that defensively with ten men against Falkirk but while the centre forward situation is a major obstacle, we should still have more of an attacking plan than what we've got right now. 

Get Uncle Neil in to pay them a visit. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Wonder if privately Dougie thrives on us being the underdogs although he's saying all of the right things in interviews. We seem to struggle when expected to win. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

Archived