Accounts And Agm - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Accounts And Agm

Toby

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, I'm sure that the under-12s gender awareness futsal leagues are going well, which is of course the strongest indicator of success for a so-called professional football club. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Does anyone know what sort of income would have been generated had we had 6 home games against Hibs, Hearts and The Rangers?

The total home league gates last season was around 35,000. That probably equates to around £300k+ in gate money.

I reckon Hearts, Hibs and Rangers would have near enough doubled that to 60/70,000.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

So the apparently crucial "cost-cutting" initiative that allowed our two best players to walk out of the door in the summer of 2013, to be replaced by a parade of dross, saved just £16k? And is going to cost us - how much - as the price for lost gate receipts and prize money on account of being in this financial wilderness for at least this season?  Presumably at least one mouthpiece from the clown-car organisation that is the Supporters Trust will be along to defend their mewling stance on Rae's transfer 'strategy' - given that it has quite clearly cost the club yet another huge sum of money, with absolute zero credible scrutiny. 

Another absolute disaster for the usual suspects and our recently elevated boardroom member. 

Yes £16k was all the club "saved" with its cost cutting exercise!!!!!! :blush:

The blame for our financial moras has to be laid at the door of Douglas Rae, he's in charge its his baby.

Anyone looking closely at the figures can see where the problem lies. If he had followed his own advice and gone part time we would not be in the situation we are in. We might even have attracted a better class of player.

You can see the turnover has closley followed the trend of the cost of admin and players as does the football income since away back in 2002 when DDf took over.

So anyone with any savvy would know that unless you do something different with those three they are going to continue the same trend and you will never bridge the gap. Going part time would have taken us some way toward that.

The other noticeable line is the commercial side of things where its been on a downward slope since a peek in 2007. It would be interesting to find out when the strip sales etc went to Smith's to see if there is any correlation

Since 2007 the gates have also been on a downward trend.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Yes £16k was all the club "saved" with its cost cutting exercise!!!!!! :blush:

The blame for our financial moras has to be laid at the door of Douglas Rae, he's in charge its his baby.

Anyone looking closely at the figures can see where the problem lies. If he had followed his own advice and gone part time we would not be in the situation we are in. We might even have attracted a better class of player.

You can see the turnover has closley followed the trend of the cost of admin and players as does the football income since away back in 2002 when DDf took over.

So anyone with any savvy would know that unless you do something different with those three they are going to continue the same trend and you will never bridge the gap. Going part time would have taken us some way toward that.

The other noticeable line is the commercial side of things where its been on a downward slope since a peek in 2007. It would be interesting to find out when the strip sales etc went to Smith's to see if there is any correlation

Since 2007 the gates have also been on a downward trend.

Looking at the bigger picture, a Club with the potential of Greenock Morton should be in the S.P.L. rather than talking about part-time football.

The problem from day one has been the Chairman's inability to delegate responsibility to those who are capable of running a football club.

There is no future with the Raes at the helm, and it's long past time for change.

Looking at the bigger picture, a Club with the potential of Greenock Morton should be in the S.P.L. rather than talking about part-time football.

The problem from day one has been the Chairman's inability to delegate responsibility to those who are capable of running a football club.

There is no future with the Raes at the helm, and it's long past time for change.

Please explain what you mean by that. 

26/4/18

A Decade of Wakeism.

Please explain what you mean by that. 

What do you think I mean?

What potential do you speak of? And how to you arrive at such a conclusion?

What potential do you think I refer to?

I also would be interested in this hidden potential you talk about.

November? :blush:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

This also interests me, many people have called us a sleeping giant before. Potential is there. We have not seen this at any point in the last decade. Rae is in the situation now where he is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't, but that is of his own making. I just hope we get back to a stable setting in the championship and take it from there.

Looks like Ernie tried to slither away from answering those questions. Not that we're in the business of allowing such behaviour to stand on this forum, so...

What potential do you speak of? And how to you arrive at such a conclusion?

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived