Tam Cowan Suspended From Off The Ball.... - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Tam Cowan Suspended From Off The Ball....

Cet Homme Charmant

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.... for writing this. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footbal...-should-2314034

Perfectly justified as blatant sexism like this has no place in modern society, or is it, to use a well worn phrase, 'political correctness gone mad'? Discuss. :)

That piece is sad more than anything. A desperate man trying desperately to whip up enough controversy for people to pay him some attention. Journalistcally it's just pointless and rubbish.

Off The Ball ceased to be funny around 1997. Nothing worse than expensively educated men saying 'fitba'.

I'm sure there are people out there, and people on here, that will wet themselves laughing at the article and post it on their Facebook pages with 'lolz' or 'pmsl' underneath. Probably men who really, really hate women.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

He doesn't deserved to be suspended for the content of the article. Anyone who can't see it for what it is, is a fool.

He does deserve to be suspended for the quality of the writing, the lack of imagination and the complete failure of his attempt at journalism.

They Say That Politics Is The Second Oldest Profession And It Has A Lot In Common With The Oldest One

That piece is sad more than anything. A desperate man trying desperately to whip up enough controversy for people to pay him some attention. Journalistcally it's just pointless and rubbish.

Off The Ball ceased to be funny around 1997. Nothing worse than expensively educated men saying 'fitba'.

I'm sure there are people out there, and people on here, that will wet themselves laughing at the article and post it on their Facebook pages with 'lolz' or 'pmsl' underneath. Probably men who really, really hate women.

I agree with most of that, but maybe not with the very last bit. I suspect the percentage of men that find it funny and who genuinely hate women is probably quite small. I suspect the majority of them just haven't moved on from the 1970s when casual racism and sexism in comedy was the norm.

For me the article could simply have been passed as crude, crass, outdated and unfunny had it not been for the 'little snatches' reference. By that I mean that simply making bad jokes about woman's football being rubbish is not in itself sexist IMO.

I agree with most of that, but maybe not with the very last bit. I suspect the percentage of men that find it funny and who genuinely hate women is probably quite small. I suspect the majority of them just haven't moved on from the 1970s when casual racism and sexism in comedy was the norm.

For me the article could simply have been passed as crude, crass, outdated and unfunny had it not been for the 'little snatches' reference. By that I mean that simply making bad jokes about woman's football being rubbish is not in itself sexist IMO.

I chose not to bring that part up as it's nasty and hate filled.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

I met Tam about 10 years ago in my delivery driver days at the Comedy Store in Maryhill. I was quite looking forward to it as I drove up as I quite like him at the time.

Despite my valiant attempts to set him up for a bit of funny banter, he failed miserably. He truly is a boring unfunny b@stard.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

I met Tam about 10 years ago in my delivery driver days at the Comedy Store in Maryhill. I was quite looking forward to it as I drove up as I quite like him at the time.

Despite my valiant attempts to set him up for a bit of funny banter, he failed miserably. He truly is a boring unfunny b@stard.

He's not a performing chimp though is he? He might not have wanted 'banter' that day. His dog might have died. Anything could have happened.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

BBC pandering to the PC brigade over the suspension. The article itself was pish and could have been written in the 70's.

Cowan I can take or leave, but it shows the dearth of talent in the comedy world that no one can seem to produce a decent comedy show at present

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Jesus christ, i don't know what's worse, the s*** sexist patter or folk throwing their hands in the air in fake outrage over it.

anyway, Anyone who reads the record deserves to be laughed at

So, who is throwing their hands up in 'fake outrage'? From what I can read above some people are having a discussion about it. Only drama on this thread seems to be your contribution old boy.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

He's not a performing chimp though is he? He might not have wanted 'banter' that day. His dog might have died. Anything could have happened.

Maybe so, but it really was like talking to a cardboard cut-out, not as much as a word, just a grunt. In these days I met quite a few TV and Film people through my job, and everybody from Robbie Coltrane to Greg Hemphill at least tried in some way to be friendly at the very least. But with Tam, it was as if he was dead, but nobody had told him yet.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Maybe so, but it really was like talking to a cardboard cut-out, not as much as a word, just a grunt. In these days I met quite a few TV and Film people through my job, and everybody from Robbie Coltrane to Greg Hemphill at least tried in some way to be friendly at the very least. But with Tam, it was as if he was dead, but nobody had told him yet.

I think the problem with Mr. Cowan is he has been punching above his weight for years. He is a limited broadcaster and journalist but Scotland being a small country and short of 'genuine talent' he was elevated to a status above his ability.

In my previous life I had to deal with bands and most of them were complete knobheads. The only two exceptions were Biffy Clyro and Maximo Park. The absolute worst person I ever had to deal with was Fish.

I don't expect people to be anything really.

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Really? Do you have a girlfriend? Mother? Sister? Any female friends?

Yes, none of whom would be offended in the slightest by that article.

It's true that women's football is s***e and they probably should chuck it. 'They' being TV companies broadcasting it and those trying to convince people it's as good as the mens game etc, not the women playing. Apart from that, the rest of the article is not in the slightest bit to be taken seriously.

TTG JIM!!!

He doesn't deserved to be suspended for the content of the article. Anyone who can't see it for what it is, is a fool.

He does deserve to be suspended for the quality of the writing, the lack of imagination and the complete failure of his attempt at journalism.

This. It's not particularly funny, but if that's the kind of thing that is offending folk and getting them suspended from work, the world truly has gone mad.

AWMSC

Yes, none of whom would be offended in the slightest by that article.

It's true that women's football is s***e and they probably should chuck it. 'They' being TV companies broadcasting it and those trying to convince people it's as good as the mens game etc, not the women playing. Apart from that, the rest of the article is not in the slightest bit to be taken seriously.

As far as I can see womens' football is marketed mainly to women. At the risk of sounding like VT, can you provide instances where anyone has said it's as good as the mens' game?

MARTY OUT!!!!!

Archived