League Cup 3rd Round Draw - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

League Cup 3rd Round Draw

Deano1874

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No chance. The attendance at this game from the 'Best supporters in the world' won't be any more than 20,000.

More half and half scarves this time Dougie?

You mean scarves that had nothing to do with Dougie, or indeed the club at all?

Cracking draw. Buzzing as soon as I got a text to let me know! That'll definitely be a couple of days off work.

TTG JIM!!!

I don't recall ever seeing a union flag at any Morton game (in our part of the ground I mean). For a start the colours are wrong. Airdrire, Therangers, Dundee, Hearts, yes, but never seen any Ton fan with one.

Some c**t disgraced us in the 90s.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Any ideas if it's the Tuesday or Wednesday? Will Celtics CL fixture the week before dictate what day we play them? For example: CL fixture Wednesday, League game Sunday, then us Wednesday again?

Have a total ****ing dilemma so hope it's Wednesday!

There is the possibility that this could be the worst thing that happened to the club in years.

For a wee team to get a good result against a big team you need, amongst other things, a lot of luck and a well organised defence. The latter has just not happened so far under Moore’s management so the likelihood of us causing an upset is fairly remote. In fact the most probable outcome is a bit of a doing.

Having seen the effect the performance against Dumbarton had on the attendance against Montrose you would have to wonder what would happen the weeks following the Celtic game if things go badly wrong. How much of the cup gate money would be set against making up the continually decreasing crowds over the rest of the season. Furthermore, how would we hope to attract new supporters with all this going on?

I’m not saying that this is what I think will happen, just pointing out that being drawn against the Old Firm is necessary always a good thing.

Conversely, if the team can pull a good performance out of the bag it could work wonders on the team for the rest of the season.

There is the possibility that this could be the worst thing that happened to the club in years.

For a wee team to get a good result against a big team you need, amongst other things, a lot of luck and a well organised defence. The latter has just not happened so far under Moore’s management so the likelihood of us causing an upset is fairly remote. In fact the most probable outcome is a bit of a doing.

Having seen the effect the performance against Dumbarton had on the attendance against Montrose you would have to wonder what would happen the weeks following the Celtic game if things go badly wrong. How much of the cup gate money would be set against making up the continually decreasing crowds over the rest of the season. Furthermore, how would we hope to attract new supporters with all this going on?

I’m not saying that this is what I think will happen, just pointing out that being drawn against the Old Firm is necessary always a good thing.

Conversely, if the team can pull a good performance out of the bag it could work wonders on the team for the rest of the season.

Not sure where you are going with this, as the Montrose crowd was far bigger than I expected; based on games against Albion, Turriff, etc.

you would have to wonder what would happen the weeks following the Celtic game if things go badly wrong.

err, probably nothing.

Regarding Toby's post, you're absolutely right that it will ultimately come back to the club - I just read his post as an unnecessary dig at the chairman for something he didn't push (or even ask) for. Perhaps it was said a bit tongue in cheeck, I don't know. I doubt it'll happen again, however.

TTG JIM!!!

Oi BluebirdTon, as an avowed Unionist, I'd like to suggest that if you take our Union Flag to Parkhead, I'll ram it up yer arse!!!!! :rolleyes:

Bet you a tenner you don't. :D

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Hopefully this tie will give the players the boost they need to kickstart the season. For the majority of the squad this will be the biggest game they have ever played.

IIRC the sticky period, domestically, Celtic had last year was during the CL group stages.

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

err, probably nothing.

I hope so. I was just stating an opinion that a tie against the Old Firm might not always be a good thing. As I said, I certainly hope not but there is that possibility, however remote.

Looks like out game will be on Wednesday 25th as Celtic are away to Milan on Wednesday the 18th of September.

Who do they play the following midweek? Would be great if the played Barcelona at home as that would mean having our game sandwiched between CL games against AC Milan and Barcelona would see it massively overlooked, which would be a good thing from our point of view!!

Archived