And It's A No From Us! - Page 5 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

And It's A No From Us!

Now that Morton have made there stance clear.

Is anyone going to write or contact them club saying they are happy about their stance?

Everyone was quick to get on their high horse and said they were writing to the club when they thought Rae was for the newco.......

"Page three girls get you excited,

You support Rangers and Man United,

All you do is take up space,

With a stupid look, on your stupid face."

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rangers are royally ****ed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a jubilee year as well...............how sad lol

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Is anyone going to write or contact them club saying they are happy about their stance?

Everyone was quick to get on their high horse and said they were writing to the club when they thought Rae was for the newco.......

Has DDFR made it clear in regard to SPL2 or just SFL Division 1 ?

The way I read the statement on the GMFC website would suggest that DDFR is not as yet confirming his position if we are looking at a restructure of the game in Scotland.

Oh, There's not a team called the Glaaaaasgooooow Rangers

No not one and there never shall be one!

*Sing to one's self with a flute in the background*

There was never a team called the Glasgow Rangers... that song always irked me even more than the others!

It would be absolutely ridiculous for Gillian to comment on any other applications as 1) no applications have as yet been sought; 2) no applications from any club let alone Rangers Newco have yet been received and 3) the content and merits of any bid are not available to make an informed opinion.

If the SFL vote goes against Rangeds their application to join the SFL should be viewed fairly along side any other bid based purely on the merits of the bid and Im afraid it is at this point the fans' wishes should not be taken in to account with the decision based on purely what is best for the league and its members.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Has DDFR made it clear in regard to SPL2 or just SFL Division 1 ?

The way I read the statement on the GMFC website would suggest that DDFR is not as yet confirming his position if we are looking at a restructure of the game in Scotland.

he said,......

"If it comes down to a vote then I will be voting for Rangers to go to the Third Division."

EDIT : I see what you're saying now, his statement doesnt read quite as hard hitting as the Tele report that I quoted from. Either way, Dougie says "F*ck the Ranjurs" :P

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Done !

"More and more people, no matter their political persuasion, are now seeing this for what it is; not a YES vote for SNP led nationalism but simply a YES vote for self-determination and the best way forward for a nation, increasingly ignored and disadvantaged by a London biased Government "

http://nationalcollective.com/

Rangers and Celtic fan in work today both quite happy for Rangers to go to the 3rd division but for different reasons

Celtic fan: "We will win the league by November for the next 3 years"

Rangers fan: "I hope we go to the 3rd so all the teams that didn't vote for us go out of business when they don't get our money"

Both regarding fairer distribution of money: "No chance. No other teams deserve any more than they already get from us. Rangers and Celtic ARE Scottish football. All other teams are just there to make up the numbers"

And they wonder why we hate their clubs so much?

I'm curious about this, firstly Dougie Rae in the Herald article says:

• I don't think there is any chance of Rangers being relegated to the third division
  • From a personal point of view, I would not be unhappy about it. (talking about Rangers going to the First Divison)
Now he is saying he doesn't want 'The Rangers' in the First Division and if there's a vote, he would vote to send them to the third division.

There could be a clue to what he said in another section of the Herald article:

• An SPL2 would allow Rangers to just be slipped into that league
So there you have it, quite a turnaround from not being unhappy with Rangers in the First Division to not wanting them in the First.

SPL2: Do the SFL Charimen know something we don't? Are they waiting for the pointless vote on 4th July before they let the fans know regarding a possible SPL2?

I don't see why not, I'm delighted with the decision to put the game as a whole ahead of greed so yes, the chairman should be commended for his stance.

Also those who did get on their high horse deserve credit for doing so. None of us know if the chairman's views were altered by fan pressure, but it certainly wouldn't have encouraged him to vote for The Rangers to skip two divisions had it ever come to that.

The threat of SPL 2 looms large, but the chairman has taken the first steps in ensuring Morton fans can look at the club's role in this horrible scenario with a bit of pride in their club. We've had a difficult relationship with the chairman in the last few years with his threats to ban abusive fans last season bringing it to an all time low. Now he has taken the stance he has and put the game ahead of cash, I feel it's about time the support came out and supported the club by buying up season tickets and re-building the relationship. He's done his bit, now it's time for us to do our's.

Anyway, if anybody would like some light reading, here's the alternative view of Mr. Rae's statement. Mostly fair actually, but with the odd questionable point of view;

Morton are micky bastards.

If DDR can effectivly turn away a large sum of money for the running of the club, then he cant be expected fans to dig deep into their own pockets everytime it comes to fundraising.I for one whom have donated large amounts over the years,and i am ready to make a stance on doing absolutly SFA in the future. I will also have a think about why i should continue supporting any kind of football across the board,scotland included.

you lot have your views and actions , well this is MINE :angry:

^^^verge of tears, seething, deal with it etc.

Excellent news, well done to the club. This isn't over though; we still need to make sure they won't be able to weasel their way in above the bottom tier through league reconstruction. If they would like to carry on self-destructing to the extent that they won't be in any league at all, that's fine by me. :)

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If they do introduce an SPL 1 and SPL 2, how many teams would be in each league?

I'm thinking there could be three leagues SPL 1 & 2 with a lower league, instead of the current four leagues?

Edit: There has been mention of SPL 1 & 2 having 16 teams each with a 'lower' league of 10.

Those Div. 2 sides attending that Alloa meeting the other week is now beginning to make sense as obviously a few of those sides would get promoted to SPL 2.

That's a shame newco ain't in first division. I was quite looking forward to wave to Andy Morrison in the car park.

I will say again that I have no issue whatsoever with facts being discussed, but accusations and allegations are another thing entirely..

If they do introduce an SPL 1 and SPL 2, how many teams would be in each league?

I'm thinking there could be three leagues SPL 1 & 2 with a lower league, instead of the current four leagues?

Edit: There has been mention of SPL 1 & 2 having 16 teams each with a 'lower' league of 10.

Those Div. 2 sides attending that Alloa meeting the other week is now beginning to make sense as obviously a few of those sides would get promoted to SPL 2.

First for everything :rolleyes:

Interesting that quite a few of the Rangers fans on Toby's thread think the new club should be made to take their chances in the 3rd Division too, although it's a bit curious that a few seem to be relishing the prospect of the SPL going tits up without them. Where, I wonder, would they expect to be plying their trade in 3 seasons should that happen?

Anyway, cap doffed to Rae for this statement. I wonder though, given previous quotes, what he'd have to say about Rangers skipping a level in a rush-job of a restructure? Still, he can only cross each bridge as he comes to it, so for now I'm delighted with this for now :)

AWMSC

That's a shame newco ain't in first division. I was quite looking forward to wave to Andy Morrison in the car park.

Wouldnt even bother with that Mark - Its 3 quid to get in there FFS !!!!!! :lol:

2 hurdles left to overcome assuming those chairmen who have indicated how they will vote dont turn on themselves :

1 - re-construction rushed through to get "Rangers" back in at some level that thry shouldnt.

2 - Cowdenbeath or some other poor club get taken over and re-branded as Rangers.

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

do you honestly think this will be able to put in place before the start of the season??

again, for the bit in bold, please provide a link - It is funny that you are the 'copy and paste with link' king, yet when you have something actually mildly interesting to say you don't provide sources?

Archived