Where Has - Page 12 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Where Has

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is clutching at straws if you ask me (not you)...

I don't really know the ins and outs of it all but what I do know is that there has been no elections as there has not been over the number of required board members standing for a position. You could read it that this rule doesn't make any difference whatsoever because there has been no election for 'members of the Society Board to be elected by the members'.

As I said I don't know if this is right but I also don't see why it is an issue in the first place!

I never said its an issue, I just don't know if it was applicable. Your response makes it as clear as mud though!!!

Thanks.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I never said its an issue, I just don't know if it was applicable. Your response makes it as clear as mud though!!!

Thanks.

I never said you did and I never sai I knew for sure! Just think its a pretty pointless argument and debate.

I never said you did and I never sai I knew for sure! Just think its a pretty pointless argument and debate.

Point me toward the argument and debate please.

It was a question, one which i hoped FT would clear up as that 'rule' is as comprehendible as Chinese to some.

If no one want to clear things up, fair enough, but if rules are ignored i see nothing at all pointless about asking the question.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

This is clutching at straws if you ask me (not you)...

I don't really know the ins and outs of it all but what I do know is that there has been no elections as there has not been over the number of required board members standing for a position. You could read it that this rule doesn't make any difference whatsoever because there has been no election for 'members of the Society Board to be elected by the members'.

As I said I don't know if this is right but I also don't see why it is an issue in the first place!

If thats the way the society constitution is written and there are no other prerequisites like someone must put themselves up for election for these long term board members to resign then it must be an issue.

Lots of organisations have a set term of office which have more tangible assets than a few shares and they are able to do this.

If there is a problem with this rule then why not amend the thing rather than simply ignoring it.

Hey Hamcam. I requested my £500 back. Expect it back, of course not.

GMST : Jim McColl, Stuart Duncan : Representatives on the board ? NOT IN MY NAME. Good people, sure, absolutely but they both done my nut in with their ''I'm in charge'' and ''you've had your say'' mentality.

Victory to the common fan

I don't remember ever saying or thinking either of these things, however, there is little point in going over it now.

Pleased to see that we both want the same thing "Victory to the common fan" which is what I think we both are and have always been...................................FT

Point me toward the argument and debate please.

It was a question, one which i hoped FT would clear up as that 'rule' is as comprehendible as Chinese to some.

If no one want to clear things up, fair enough, but if rules are ignored i see nothing at all pointless about asking the question.

If you're expecting me to clear it up then you are going to have a long wait because frankly I dont think it makes any sense at all.

I'll tell you what I think it may mean but I can't be sure it does mean it.

I think it means that the two longest serving members of the board (among those elected by the members ie excluding those who are coopted members who have to be reappointed every year) ie the two who have served longest since their most recent election by the members are required to resign and stand again for election.

This would happen each year and I believe has happened each year. In my time on the board I have resigned I think at least 3 times and been re-elected back on again. I think my most recent election was in 2009 or 2010 so I have been on the board almost 1 or 2 years.

The Trust rules were provided back in 2001 by Supporters Direct and are quite a bit dated. A new set of Model Rules for Trusts are available and cmdc and others are reviewing them with a view to putting them to members at a forthcoming SGM, so its not being ignored. Hopefully nothing like this will appear in the new rules and we can all understand what they mean.

As for there never actually having been an election that's simply because there have never been more candidates than places so in effect the candidates have been elected unopposed. It would have been great if there had been more candidates.

BTW if you dont agree with my interpretation thats up to you. I am not going to argue about it because I dont think its at all clear ..................FT

If you're expecting me to clear it up then you are going to have a long wait because frankly I dont think it makes any sense at all.

I'll tell you what I think it may mean but I can't be sure it does mean it.

I think it means that the two longest serving members of the board (among those elected by the members ie excluding those who are coopted members who have to be reappointed every year) ie the two who have served longest since their most recent election by the members are required to resign and stand again for election.

This would happen each year and I believe has happened each year. In my time on the board I have resigned I think at least 3 times and been re-elected back on again. I think my most recent election was in 2009 or 2010 so I have been on the board almost 1 or 2 years.

The Trust rules were provided back in 2001 by Supporters Direct and are quite a bit dated. A new set of Model Rules for Trusts are available and cmdc and others are reviewing them with a view to putting them to members at a forthcoming SGM, so its not being ignored. Hopefully nothing like this will appear in the new rules and we can all understand what they mean.

As for there never actually having been an election that's simply because there have never been more candidates than places so in effect the candidates have been elected unopposed. It would have been great if there had been more candidates.

BTW if you dont agree with my interpretation thats up to you. I am not going to argue about it because I dont think its at all clear ..................FT

FT, cheers.

Appreciate you trying to clear it up.

It is indeed a very strangely worded rule and I thought it was just me that couldn't get his head right round it.

I won't argue because I can't, to me there are several interpretations of that rule and the quicker they are removed the better.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Pleased to see that we both want the same thing "Victory to the common fan" which is what I think we both are and have always been...................................FT

[

You seem aware who I am, maybe I need a new pseudonmyn, I like posting on here anonymously as it means I can be contoversial and cheeky and get away with it

Little tiny teeny weeny troll like creature. You are making an erse of yourself.......again. ;)

Just for some who may not have read it, here is rule 60.

60. At the third and fourth annual general meeting of the Society two of the members of the Society Board first elected by the members (to be chosen by lot) will resign from office. Thereafter the two longest serving members of the Society Board elected by the members who have served the longest at the date of the annual general meeting each year will resign.

I still don't know of that relates to FT or not. :blink:

Rules are rules even if they do twist and turn. I get the jist of it, i'm just not sure whthere Ernie is right or not. (oh look, there is me admitting I read his blog again, gallows for me then)

See! Knew it all alone, please learn the definition of troll. Look at your posts, you'll find it there ;)

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Trollers gonna troll!

Because the Mess one only comes on here dripping little hints now and then and whatever he knows in a desperate attempt to get others to spill whatever he thinks is happening.

There you go again!

Either say you know something and say it or stop! Trolling of the highest order!

Still? I bet you know all about this Rule 60. If not, email the doc if you care so much!

See! Knew it all alone, please learn the definition of troll. Look at your posts, you'll find it there ;)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

You are making a complete arse of yersel stumpy. :rolleyes:

Try and keep your post on topic, there's a good little troll.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

You are making a complete arse of yersel stumpy. :rolleyes:

Try and keep your post on topic, there's a good little troll.

I'll keep mine on if you do!

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

You seem aware who I am, maybe I need a new pseudonmyn, I like posting on here anonymously as it means I can be contoversial and cheeky and get away with it

WDE, the tone of some of your posts (good as they are) make it really hard to tell if you're on the wind up or not but if you really don't want folk knowing who you are, you may want to re-think having a link to your personal website complete with photos in your signature...

Just a thought. ;)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Right, hand in your internet connection now! No longer allowed to play with it!

Its still rolling around laughing at you,. You really, really made my day. :lol: :lol:

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

WDE, the tone of some of your posts (good as they are) make it really hard to tell if you're on the wind up or not but if you really don't want folk knowing who you are, you may want to re-think having a link to your personal website complete with photos in your signature...

Just a thought. ;)

Tongue in cheek, Dowza is infamous.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Ian, I am just assuming you are the same WDE you have been for about the last 11 years or more on Eddie's board and Big Andy's before on here............................FT.

Archived