Favourite Lager Drink - Page 3 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Favourite Lager Drink

I love that stuff, shame it's so expensive though. :(

Really? I think you can pick up a few bottles in Tesco for a pound odds each. It's strange tasting but I don't mind one now and again for something a bit different.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love that stuff, shame it's so expensive though. :(

Can't afford it here, but it's lovely on a hot day.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Really? I think you can pick up a few bottles in Tesco for a pound odds each. It's strange tasting but I don't mind one now and again for something a bit different.

That's the wee crappy bottles, i like the big boys (so to speak) :)

The future just ain't what it used to be

I'm going to try and get a hold of that stuff and sample its taste, sounds intriguing.

If you haven't ever tasted it, try and get a bottle of Gorch Fock made by the Three Floyd’s Brewing Company in Munster. Simply an astounding lager. Light, slightly sweet but with an abundance of flavour and its finish is very traditionally crisp. mmmmmmmmm

I'm going to one of the massive liquor stores tonight, will definitely have a look for it.

edit: change of plan. Going for a few beers tonight in Fort Worth :D

http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/fortworth/beer

EOho8Pw.png

That's the wee crappy bottles, i like the big boys (so to speak) :)

You can get the bigger bottles (660ml) there too. Again reasonably priced. Shame more pubs don't stock it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Kasteel Cru is the daddy of the lagers. Corona is also tops with a wee slice of lime in the neck to sook the beer through.

I believed you until you said Coruna is a top lager....bbbbbbbbbowfin!!!!

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Regarding Oranjeboom, I haven't tried it but Hertog Jan, Bavaria, Amstel and Heineken are all third-rate too. Grolsch is the only decent Dutch beer that you could easily get a hold of. Especially good drunk from the jam-jar bottles. :D

Leffe and Hoegaarden beers just taste weird. Better Belgian ones are Kwaak (which I think is served in a flask and test-tube holder), and Kriek, a cherry beer that puts any other fruit beers to shame.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Regarding Oranjeboom, I haven't tried it but Hertog Jan, Bavaria, Amstel and Heineken are all third-rate too. Grolsch is the only decent Dutch beer that you could easily get a hold of. Especially good drunk from the jam-jar bottles. :D

Leffe and Hoegaarden beers just taste weird. Better Belgian ones are Kwaak (which I think is served in a flask and test-tube holder), and Kriek, a cherry beer that puts any other fruit beers to shame.

Once sampled a beer from Stads Brewery :unsure: in Nijmegen which was just quality, really was impressed for a Dutch beer but I never took the details.

If you like a good Pale Ale the Beligians make a quality one called Nieuw Ligt Grand Cru but its over 10% so one has to be careful with how many they consume.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

• 5 months later...
That is actually quite a nice one, it's all i get when visiting the inlaws in Whiting Bay :)

The Arran brewery is located at the bottom of the main Goatfell path at Cladach just outside Brodick.

It wasn't producing the beer for a while and then came back on stream.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Re...n_Scotland.html

On the subject of non-lagers I have developed a taste for:

CoopersSparklingAle2.jpg

Cooper's Sparkling Ale. An unfiltered, heavily carbonated, very refreshing pale ale. For a session I prefer it without the sediment so I leave the dregs in the bottle. With a meal, just pour the whole thing.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived