Peter Weatherson - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Peter Weatherson

vikingTON

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DOT, he comes out of his comfort zone when he feels like it, either when the pressure mounts from fed up fans or he has to prove he is worth yet another deal. You touched on good man management, if he remains, or goes in and out of his 'comfort zone', as we have all seen over the years, Allan Moore will punt him.

Problem is if it comes to pass then who would take him, Morton would have to sweeten the deal and even then it might not work. My club, St. Mirren, couldn't shift Dennis Wyness in January despite offering to pay half his wages for the remainder of his contract and eventually decided to pay up the bulk of his contract and free him.

Just Visiting.

Problem is if it comes to pass then who would take him, Morton would have to sweeten the deal and even then it might not work. My club, St. Mirren, couldn't shift Dennis Wyness in January despite offering to pay half his wages for the remainder of his contract and eventually decided to pay up the bulk of his contract and free him.

Good point. I was thinking more of man management by dropping him and letting him know higher standards of fitness and commitment are required, or he won't be in the team. At the same we could also let teams know he's available and see if there's any interest.

He could still do a turn for a second division team but they couldn't match his wages. He might also be effective alongside a sharp, pacy striker like Griffiths who could play off his flick-ons and knock downs.

Good point. I was thinking more of man management by dropping him and letting him know higher standards of fitness and commitment are required, or he won't be in the team. At the same we could also let teams know he's available and see if there's any interest.

He could still do a turn for a second division team but they couldn't match his wages. He might also be effective alongside a sharp, pacy striker like Griffiths who could play off his flick-ons and knock downs.

Either we trust Moore's judgement - or we don't. He's brought in two strikers "of his own" but is currently prefering Weatherson ahead of them. I don't know why, but there must be a reason. Perhaps Moore sees Bengelloun as part of the solution (or the other English/Nigerian/Portuguese striker who may or may not be staying in the Spinnaker), and that Weatherson would be a better foil for him than either Kean or Kelbie?

All of its speculation - I've decided (for now) to trust Moore, so I'll wait and see who turns out against Cowdenbeath before considering anything any further.

Either we trust Moore's judgement - or we don't. He's brought in two strikers "of his own" but is currently prefering Weatherson ahead of them. I don't know why, but there must be a reason. Perhaps Moore sees Bengelloun as part of the solution (or the other English/Nigerian/Portuguese striker who may or may not be staying in the Spinnaker), and that Weatherson would be a better foil for him than either Kean or Kelbie?

All of its speculation - I've decided (for now) to trust Moore, so I'll wait and see who turns out against Cowdenbeath before considering anything any further.

I also trust Moore to get it right. I feel he's choosing Weatherson because he feels our best option is Peter plus someone who can play off him. He may be hanging on for Tarik in the belief he could be that player, whilst in the meantime giving Kean every chance as he's the nearest we have to that type of player. Kelbie and Graham are nearer to the targetman type but not as good at it as Weatherson despite his current flaws.

Moore's original plan was to play Russell off Weatherson and I think he was unfortunate there as Russell's decision to leave was a bit of a shock. I read an interview with Russell and was very surprised to find he actively sought moves to second division sides such as Alloa, Stirling and now Livvi. He really appears to prefer to play in the second division and Moore couldn't do anything about that. He then quickly signed Tarik to replace Russell only to find he's suspended.

If you add to all the above that Weatherson missing pre-season training was also a blow to Moore, then he has a real dilemma on his hands. 3 main parts of his planned attacking options have all turned out to be affected in ways outwith his control, and he looks powerless to use alternative options with his funding used up and only today left if he wants to try to move one out and one in.

I think he took a bit of a gamble with Kelbie and Kean and he still has Graham so he really has his work cut out to conjure up a decent strike partnership.

Convenient.

Convenient. :rolleyes:

Erm how is it convenient to include only league games when, err, assessing the contribution of our striker at this level? :wacko:

Unless we're getting three more fixtures against Stranraer I don't think we or Peter are going to get that help. He hasn't scored in nearly 17 hours of league football and people still try and cling to ther nearest caveat for dear life.

I agree that Weatherson's time here is up but I'm not going to put ridiculous, petty (and false) crap on my signature and actually think that I'm in some way going to help us get rid of him. :rolleyes:

No when you decide a player is s*** you base it on no evidence whatsoever and then prattle on about it in every single thread. Much better.

And it's not false. Since March 17th Peter Weatherson has gone 1015 minutes of league football without a goal. This is a fact.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I also trust Moore to get it right. I feel he's choosing Weatherson because he feels our best option is Peter plus someone who can play off him. He may be hanging on for Tarik in the belief he could be that player, whilst in the meantime giving Kean every chance as he's the nearest we have to that type of player. Kelbie and Graham are nearer to the targetman type but not as good at it as Weatherson despite his current flaws.

Moore's original plan was to play Russell off Weatherson and I think he was unfortunate there as Russell's decision to leave was a bit of a shock. I read an interview with Russell and was very surprised to find he actively sought moves to second division sides such as Alloa, Stirling and now Livvi. He really appears to prefer to play in the second division and Moore couldn't do anything about that. He then quickly signed Tarik to replace Russell only to find he's suspended.

If you add to all the above that Weatherson missing pre-season training was also a blow to Moore, then he has a real dilemma on his hands. 3 main parts of his planned attacking options have all turned out to be affected in ways outwith his control, and he looks powerless to use alternative options with his funding used up and only today left if he wants to try to move one out and one in.

I think he took a bit of a gamble with Kelbie and Kean and he still has Graham so he really has his work cut out to conjure up a decent strike partnership.

Good summary of what seems most likely to have happened.

Erm how is it convenient to include only league games when, err, assessing the contribution of our striker at this level? :wacko:

Unless we're getting three more fixtures against Stranraer I don't think we or Peter are going to get that help. He hasn't scored in nearly 17 hours of league football and people still try and cling to ther nearest caveat for dear life.

No when you decide a player is s*** you base it on no evidence whatsoever and then prattle on about it in every single thread. Much better.

And it's not false. Since March 17th Peter Weatherson has gone 1015 minutes of league football without a goal. This is a fact.

Funny that it's you that seems to be mentioning the Jenkins thing in every single thread you talk crap and are proved wrong on. Strange that. ;)

TTG JIM!!!

Most striker live on scraps but convert what little comes their way.

A number of people have said that it is the lack of service to Weatherson which is the problem however in a fairly recent game at Cappielow he had 3 half chances and actually fluffed all 3 and I don't think he even forced the keeper into a save.

At this moment he really is not paying his way in the team. Give him a rest and try permutations with Kean, Kelbie and Graham. Let's be honest they couldn't be any worse than Weatherson.

Answer, **** knows who would touch him!!! If he was so good clubs would have been knocking the door down by now.

He doesn't care though, his most recent contract was probably funded by a share of the Morton/Celtic gate money.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Answer, **** knows who would touch him!!! If he was so good clubs would have been knocking the door down by now.

He doesn't care though, his most recent contract was probably funded by a share of the Morton/Celtic gate money.

That is probably correct with the contract otherwise he would have probably left the club, which if someone did a poll most Morton fans would probably agree that it would have been best for him and the club. Whether it is down to the injury or just his attitude Peter Weatherson has had his days with Morton for his age he should be at his peak.

B)-->

QUOTE(big B @ Aug 31 2010, 12:31 PM) 768143[/snapback]
That is probably correct with the contract otherwise he would have probably left the club, which if someone did a poll most Morton fans would probably agree that it would have been best for him and the club. Whether it is down to the injury or just his attitude Peter Weatherson has had his days with Morton for his age he should be at his peak.

I wouldn't be so hasty B, I fully expect Peter to bounce back to life and go on a run of form only to revert to a slumber again when he can't be arsed.

hibernation-789873.jpg

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Give him a rest and try permutations with Kean, Kelbie and Graham. Let's be honest they couldn't be any worse than Weatherson.

Oh, but they could. They really, really could. :(

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Oh, but they could. They really, really could. :(

Just relegate us now..if other permutations would be worse than the current lack of goals we are well and truly goosed.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Just relegate us now..if other permutations would be worse than the current lack of goals we are well and truly goosed.

I think so. Maybe we'll pull off a deadline day coup to save our season from drawing 0-0 or losing 1-0 in every turgid affair. I can't stomach any more after last season.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Funny that it's you that seems to be mentioning the Jenkins thing in every single thread you talk crap and are proved wrong on. Strange that. ;)

I can't be proved wrong because I have the facts. You should try it yourself some time.

I think so. Maybe we'll pull off a deadline day coup to save our season from drawing 0-0 or losing 1-0 in every turgid affair. I can't stomach any more after last season.

Knicker-wetting from the same old suspects.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at Peter's article in the tele below, he's admitting he's not playing well and saying his injury is no excuse. He also says he'll have to miss a few training sessions but not games, because he's as fit as he's been for a long time but he's not match sharp.

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/f...y-is-no-excuse/

I have to admit I'm a bit confused as the messages seem a bit mixed. Is he saying Allan Moore needs to keep playing him but he's to be excused training when he feels his injury coming on? This must be a huge blow to Douglas Rae who's just given Peter a 3 year deal.

Should Allan Moore make allowances and play Peter ahead of players who are not injured? If his form was poor and he wasn't injured would he be dropped, but because he's injured a special case is being made? Peter seems to be saying his form would be poor even if he wasn't injured, so what's the best solution?

Looking at Peter's article in the tele below, he's admitting he's not playing well and saying his injury is no excuse. He also says he'll have to miss a few training sessions but not games, because he's as fit as he's been for a long time but he's not match sharp.

I have to admit I'm a bit confused as the messages seem a bit mixed. Is he saying Allan Moore needs to keep playing him but he's to be excused training when he feels his injury coming on? This must be a huge blow to Douglas Rae who's just given Peter a 3 year deal.

Should Allan Moore make allowances and play Peter ahead of players who are not injured? If his form was poor and he wasn't injured would he be dropped, but because he's injured a special case is being made? Peter seems to be saying his form would be poor even if he wasn't injured, so what's the best solution?

Peter Weatherson - the pauper's Ledley King

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Very confusing report I thought as well.

Sounds like an easy way out from training. Not convinced by this at all.

Good enough player when on form, but he ain't on form, and now carrying a long term injury.

No easy way out for the manager.Obviously he shouldn't be playing him if he isn't fully fit.A major headache for Moore.It could only happen to us.

Archived