Time To Get The Covers Down? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Time To Get The Covers Down?

El gofer

Just off the phone to Scapa. The pitch is fine and there is "no doubt " about the game being on.

The heavy snow is due about 7.00pm. The game could be abandoned. Knowing our luck we will be 2 or 3 up at the time. I think we will really struggle to get 1000 through the turnstiles tonight.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The heavy snow is due about 7.00pm. The game could be abandoned. Knowing our luck we will be 2 or 3 up at the time. I think we will really struggle to get 1000 through the turnstiles tonight.

Unless there's an issue with visiblity I can't see the snow getting a game abandoned at Cappielow. The two issues are visibility in a heavy blizzard or the police taking fan safety into account.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Another factor is going to be the wind.

It's getting very windy just now, add that to the snow and it should be a great night for standing outside for the best part of 2 hours. :ph34r:

Looking forward to it already bring it on :lol:

Unless there's an issue with visiblity I can't see the snow getting a game abandoned at Cappielow. The two issues are visibility in a heavy blizzard or the police taking fan safety into account.

Clyde fans chanted "off off" one evening at Scapa when a half-time blizzard caused snow to lie on the pitch. We had just stuck 4 past them, so they were obviously keen to get it abandoned.

The groundstaff cleared the lines and there was no problem finishing the game.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

This threatens to be the smallest crowd at a Morton match since the days of the Hugh Scott boycotts!

A shame with it being such a big game for our season (both teams) A defeat will be hard to stomach right enough.

I hope the stayathomes are the ones left disappointed after our loan striker Pittenweem (or whatever) scores a couple in his home debut..................... [:dreams on]

C'mon the 'ton !

Show Racism the Red Card

A shame with it being such a big game for our season (both teams) A defeat will be hard to stomach right enough.

I hope the stayathomes are the ones left disappointed after our loan striker Pittenweem (or whatever) scores a couple in his home debut..................... [:dreams on]

C'mon the 'ton !

If thats the case then good on him if he did score a couple, staying at home tonight might be an option i have no control over.

Archived