Time To Get The Covers Down? - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Time To Get The Covers Down?

El gofer

Does right now count as the end of March? :lol:

Yes. Is the snow landing? No.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just as a point of interest what is classed as at sea level, does the clyde count as sea level? just wondering as i know you get quite a lot of river running through hanging valleys so obviously not sea level.

Clyde Estuary (Greenock), Firth of Clyde (Largs etc.) are sea level. The River Clyde itself as do many other rivers that flow into seas, originate from much higher up. I believe the River Dee starts from a spring at over 4,000ft on Ben MacDui.

AMSL (above mean sea level) is a usual height measurement. Parts of Loch Lomond shore are below sea level.

Clyde Estuary (Greenock), Firth of Clyde (Largs etc.) are sea level. The River Clyde itself as do many other rivers that flow into seas, originate from much higher up. I believe the River Dee starts from a spring at over 4,000ft on Ben MacDui.

AMSL (above mean sea level) is a usual height measurement. Parts of Loch Lomond shore are below sea level.

cheers for that.

Clyde Estuary (Greenock), Firth of Clyde (Largs etc.) are sea level.

The River Clyde itself as do many other rivers that flow into seas, originate from much higher up.

I believe the River Dee starts from a spring at over 4,000ft on Ben MacDui.

many or all ?

I can't think of any rivers that try to defy gravity.

:blink: :blink:

the game must be in doubt.white out in Greenock

Battery Park isn't showing a single flake. Snow won't see the game cancelled tonight, and I don't think it's gonna be heavy enough that the pitch could be waterlogged.

Game on - for better or worse.......

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

many or all ?

I can't think of any rivers that try to defy gravity.

:blink: :blink:

erse.

Many rivers originate from much higher than sea level; equally many rivers DON'T start much higher than sea level. Nowhere does flyerton state or imply that any rivers flow upwards.

You know this of course; once again you're just being a pedantic Antipodean erse, purely for the sake of it. Get tae yer bed!!

erse.

Many rivers originate from much higher than sea level; equally many rivers DON'T start much higher than sea level. Nowhere does flyerton state or imply that any rivers flow upwards.

You know this of course; once again you're just being a pedantic Antipodean erse, purely for the sake of it.

Get tae yer bed!!

It's only 7.16 pm and we're enjoying a pinot gris from NZ.

:)

What's that like macca, never tasted a coffee from Gourock :P

mmm, what's it like....... it's as good as Scottish Cheddar, English Scotch eggs, Japanese whisky, Blue Lagoon French fries, Spanish brandy and Vladivar vodka (vrom Varrington).......

^_^

mmm, what's it like....... it's as good as Scottish Cheddar, English Scotch eggs, Japanese whisky, Blue Lagoon French fries, Spanish brandy and Vladivar vodka (vrom Varrington).......

^_^

I'll have some of that then ^_^

Archived