Raith Rovers And Ross County - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Raith Rovers And Ross County

El gofer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two points:

1. Ross County have a strong youth setup, but I think it was developed and funded thanks to vast sums of Scottish tax money being spunked on Highland infrastructure, grossly disproportionate to the area's population. We won't get that and the reality is we cannot afford to match that either within the club's resources, the trust or any other organisation.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the club is propped up by some local equivalents of our sweetie merchant too.

2. Raith Rovers remain a financial basket case, who haven't had an AGM in the last five years IIRC. They're a club on a similar level with a historically strong cup record, and an experienced manager who's cobbled together journeymen into a functional unit. That's it. They have no fantastic youth system or secret to their relative success. All they got was a manager with some experience who was left to get on with the job, and a great deal of luck that he proved to be the man they need. If Rae had the means to bring such a man into the Cappielow hotseat then we would be a better prospect than them.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

VT the point I was making with regards Raith was that the manager, a very good choice at the time they were pretty badly positioned in the 2nd, has had the foresight to pick out journeymen and mould them into a team, also using loans. he has developed players.

We dont.

Two points:

1. Ross County have a strong youth setup, but I think it was developed and funded thanks to vast sums of Scottish tax money being spunked on Highland infrastructure, grossly disproportionate to the area's population. We won't get that and the reality is we cannot afford to match that either within the club's resources, the trust or any other organisation.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the club is propped up by some local equivalents of our sweetie merchant too.

2. Raith Rovers remain a financial basket case, who haven't had an AGM in the last five years IIRC. They're a club on a similar level with a historically strong cup record, and an experienced manager who's cobbled together journeymen into a functional unit. That's it. They have no fantastic youth system or secret to their relative success. All they got was a manager with some experience who was left to get on with the job, and a great deal of luck that he proved to be the man they need. If Rae had the means to bring such a man into the Cappielow hotseat then we would be a better prospect than them.

Apart from their one league cup win, when did RR last reach the latter stages of a cup competition? Is it not about 47 years ago?

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Apart from their one league cup win, when did RR last reach the latter stages of a cup competition? Is it not about 47 years ago?

Sadly it was relative to ourselves, so I think the comparison still holds.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

And it's his job to deal with the specifics, is it?

No, my point was I didn't suggest it in the first place and see no reason why I should contact the club.

Perhaps you should direct your question about asking the club to the person who suggested it in the first place.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

Sadly it was relative to ourselves, so I think the comparison still holds.

I remember us being in at least one semi final in the 78-82 period. Possibly more than one. That's a mere 30 years ago...

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

I remember us being in at least one semi final in the 78-82 period. Possibly more than one. That's a mere 30 years ago...

I am sure we played Aberdeen at Hampden in 1980 in semi final of league cup where we were beaten 2-1 with John McNeil scoring for us and Neil Orr getting a bad injury. The year after we reached the semi final of the Scottish Cup and were beaten 2-0 by Rangers at Parkhead and had two men sent off (Jim Holmes for his first foul of game after the two captains had been spoken to by the ref to calm down the players and Roddie Hutchison late on in the game).

Those were the days!!!!

Well before the new stand, floodlights, playing surface etc expenditure Rae wasted hundreds of thousands on pish players whom HE thought would take Morton back to where we all want them. All through the past 7 years or whatever, Rae has not spent a penny on youth, he (very much in the minority) does not think it worth investing in.

:blink: That'll be aside from the circa £450K put in to the youth programme by the Chairman over the last 9 years? Yet another ill-informed poster who pretends to know more than they do. :angry:

:blink: That'll be aside from the circa £450K put in to the youth programme by the Chairman over the last 9 years? Yet another ill-informed poster who pretends to know more than they do. :angry:

So, given the amount of quality that's come through the ranks in that time he's blown that money too?

Remember Rae was the man who dismissed the merits of a youth policy by using the example of Rangers getting nothing from their investment in Murray Park- 2 months after they'd sold Alan Hutton for £9 million.

Yet another Rae employee that can't open his eyes to see his master's failings :angry: .

Are Mabawsa Ritchie and SmithsTON the two head oompa loompas down at Fort Matilda?

Just keep paying your £50 qiuds for sportsman dinners for the youth setup were 1 of the teams plays in the p&d

league, and the man in question and his crew charge the youth setup for attending meetings......

and by the way ask the parents over last 5 years how there boys got to away matches???

oh am blind now i can see

Just keep paying your £50 qiuds for sportsman dinners for the youth setup were 1 of the teams plays in the p&d

league, and the man in question and his crew charge the youth setup for attending meetings......

and by the way ask the parents over last 5 years how there boys got to away matches???

On top of the £12 a month that they were asked to pay to be trained by Morton :unsure: ?

maybe because the coaches arent old enough to drive a mini bus???

On a tangent i see we are due to play ross county on the date of the semi finals, wonder where this game will get squeezed into now?April 20th?

maybe because the coaches arent old enough to drive a mini bus???

On a tangent i see we are due to play ross county on the date of the semi finals, wonder where this game will get squeezed into now?April 20th?

Could still be April 10th given that Ross County aren't in the semis yet.

Archived