T In The Park 09 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

T In The Park 09

Muz

I bought tickets earlybird as usual, and was quite disapointed to see Kings of Leon announced last week as they were there the last 2 years.

However, in the papers today that Blur are headlining the Saturday!!! One of my fave bands ever. Delighted.

Anyone else going/got tickets already?

Alright mate,

I'll be going and as per i have not got a ticket!

Not too happy with the headline acts this year!

Snow Patrol - Terrible band

Blur - Annoying

KOL - Play eeeeevery year but still class!

That's the bands i've heard anyway.

I had my fingers and toes crossed that it might have been Radiohead/ Muse or something, classic festival bands :(

Alright mate,

Blur - Annoying

I had my fingers and toes crossed that it might have been Radiohead/ Muse or something, classic festival bands :(

More to be announced, but I am delighted with Blur. Snow Patrol are murder.

giving it a miss this year, not impressed with the headliners anyway. I was hoping to go to connect this year but thats buggered :(

Aye me too, I am gutted about Connect. If you dont get a ticket for T, when it comes you will be kicking yourself pal. I know you!

Not surprised you dont have a ticket! I dont have any spare either this year mate!

Looking to go to TITP, does anyone know when more tickets go on sale?

Rumoured to be next Friday!

Pretty pissed off with the Blur annoucement to be honest.

When I heard they were reforming and playing Hyde Park I was on the internet all morning trying to secure tickets for it, which I managed to get after trying for a long period. Then on the Monday morning they announced that due to popular demand they are putting on another date for Hyde park! So after waiting ages to secure tickets to see their comeback gig, I'm now seeing their second comeback gig.

With the annoucement of them playing T in the Park today, which I'm also attending, I'm tempted to write to Blur and ask for a refund. Money grabbing b*****ds :angry:

Informative. Now answer my question dammit!

There are neds everywhere these days mate. I've been the last 3 years on the trot and not been affected by them. I dont see what all the fuss is, just go and enjoy yourself and ignore everything else.

Pretty pissed off with the Blur annoucement to be honest.

When I heard they were reforming and playing Hyde Park I was on the internet all morning trying to secure tickets for it, which I managed to get after trying for a long period. Then on the Monday morning they announced that due to popular demand they are putting on another date for Hyde park! So after waiting ages to secure tickets to see their comeback gig, I'm now seeing their second comeback gig.

With the annoucement of them playing T in the Park today, which I'm also attending, I'm tempted to write to Blur and ask for a refund. Money grabbing b*****ds :angry:

Terrible!

How dare they think that headlining a scottish festival would piss off the 110,00 fans who went to great lengths to see them at Hyde Park. In London.

I couldnt afford to go to Hyde Park, I have a mortgage and stuff so I am delighted!

Enjoy both you madman!

Terrible!

How dare they think that headlining a scottish festival would piss off the 110,00 fans who went to great lengths to see them at Hyde Park. In London.

I couldnt afford to go to Hyde Park, I have a mortgage and stuff so I am delighted!

Enjoy both you madman!

Thats not really the point though :(

On Friday the 12th of December, they were selling tickets for their first comeback gig which was to take place on Friday 3rd of July but come the Monday morning they decided to release more tickets and schedule another concert for the 2nd of July. So after waiting eagerly in a queue I'm now seeing their second gig, which will undoubtly take the shine off it for many people.

As for the T in the park thing, I guess I can live with that, even though they were touting the first Hyde Park gig as their one and only gig of their comeback. I never got the chance to see them back in their hayday as I was too young, so there was no way I was going to miss the Hyde Park gig, I just wish I had known they were planning on playing the big festivals this summer because then I would just have seen them at T instead of spending dosh to see them in London, which I could do without.

I am going can't say I am too happy about the bands announced. KoL would have liked to see but they are playing friday and I am not going that day as I am not camping, snow patrol going to see them at secc so not that bothered about seeing them again, katy perry why? And blur one of the bands I seriously dislike so hopefully there will be another big name on another stage to go and see

Alright mate,

Blur - Annoying

Will Snow Patrol be a main headliner though? I'd have thought they'll be on 2nd or 3rd last?

Apart from the Verve last year I think Blur will be the first band in a few years I'll go to see headlining the main stage. Having said that my memory of any year is a bit hazy so maybe seen more than I think!!

Thats not really the point though :(

On Friday the 12th of December, they were selling tickets for their first comeback gig which was to take place on Friday 3rd of July but come the Monday morning they decided to release more tickets and schedule another concert for the 2nd of July. So after waiting eagerly in a queue I'm now seeing their second gig, which will undoubtly take the shine off it for many people.

As for the T in the park thing, I guess I can live with that, even though they were touting the first Hyde Park gig as their one and only gig of their comeback. I never got the chance to see them back in their hayday as I was too young, so there was no way I was going to miss the Hyde Park gig, I just wish I had known they were planning on playing the big festivals this summer because then I would just have seen them at T instead of spending dosh to see them in London, which I could do without.

Can you not sell the Hyde Park tickets and stuff? I saw them in the tent at T back in 94, with Oasis on before. Tremendous. Still got Dave Rowntree's drumstick!

I dunno if I'll bother anymore. I know I'm probably in abit of a minority, but I can't really be doing with any of the bands announced so far, to the extent that if I was forced to listen to one of them it would be Snow Patrol purely because they're nothing more than boring, bland background music. Unless there's a serious amount of quality announced, I reckon I might look into going to a foreign festival instead.

AWMSC

i can't remember the last time i was actually bothered about any of the headliners.theres always enough over the whole weekend to satisfy most people - plenty of variety

only act i seen on mainstage last year was eddy grant who was quite possibly my fav of the weekend haha!

Archived