Is This Really Common Knowledge..... - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Is This Really Common Knowledge.....

mortonjag

How did you get on with your letter to the Tilly?

I'm still hoarse today! :)

Aren't we all! Make yourself hoarse against Airdrie United too! Unity is what will get this season for Morton up and running!

Doesn't seem like its going to get published, letters appear at the Editor's discretion so I'm told! :rolleyes:

"In a country lacerated by the sharp shards of broken brown-eyed promises, in a world bent low by the burden of disease, war and the price of Thunderbird, who is left to make full account of God and Britain's depleted moral mini bar? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken Caesar!"

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FFS someone a few posts back was even making up a dialogue between DI and DR. It's quite sad really.

Feel free to dismiss what you will, but the fabricated dialogue I proposed is exactly what will happen if any of MJ's inital post is correct.

Also, Bug: Unity won't "get this season up and running". Previously, I've called our squad "spineless", an allegation to which the manager has agreed...well, his words were something about "not accepting responsibility". What will get us up and running is players who have the mentality to walk on to the pitch and kick opponents about the place, guys who are willing to take a wee touch of the ball and hit a pass. Bravery and a back-bone will take us forward, not a bunch of chancers who decide that it might be worth the effort to actually play against a half-decent team whenever they fancy it.

AWMSC

Aren't we all! Make yourself hoarse against Airdrie United too! Unity is what will get this season for Morton up and running!

Doesn't seem like its going to get published, letters appear at the Editor's discretion so I'm told! :rolleyes:

I'm genuinely sorry about your letter. It must have crossed your mind that the Editor may not wish to offend the powers that be!

'UNITY'-that's an emotive word which is as apposite to Greenock Morton as 'democracy' was to Nazi Germany. (whatever made me think of that analogy? :lol: )

What sort of 'unity' do you think is most likely to 'get us up and running'? The biggest problem for the Ton right now will not be solved by rose tinted visions of a unified body of happy clappers. Unity will come when the Club wants the fans to become an integral part. So long as the club deliberately perpetuates the current 'divide and rule' policy, we WILL remain divided, and we WILL continue to knock lumps out of each other on this massage board.

Do YOU think that accusing our Manager of blowing his budget, making an arse of things and incurring the Chairman's displeasure-that just before a crucial Cup Tie-was a unifying gesture? <_>

Feel free to dismiss what you will, but the fabricated dialogue I proposed is exactly what will happen if any of MJ's inital post is correct.

Also, Bug: Unity won't "get this season up and running". Previously, I've called our squad "spineless", an allegation to which the manager has agreed...well, his words were something about "not accepting responsibility". What will get us up and running is players who have the mentality to walk on to the pitch and kick opponents about the place, guys who are willing to take a wee touch of the ball and hit a pass. Bravery and a back-bone will take us forward, not a bunch of chancers who decide that it might be worth the effort to actually play against a half-decent team whenever they fancy it.

One crucial difference between JM and DI is that the former was spineless and couldn't have motivated a hypermanic jumping bean on speed. I don't believe DI is the finished article by any means, and I'll pass judgement as time goes by-NOT at the end of the season! (That latter philosophy would have had us relegated last time!!!) :rolleyes:

I have not been overly impressed by results so far. I believe he's cobbled together a very incomplete squad with limited options. On Tuesday night, however, those boys showed that they can produce AND entertain when they want to, and I'm hopeful that we now may go on a good run.

Perhaps Measles' post was just the subtle dig in the ribs that DI needed. Perhaps Measles knew that.

If so we have lots to thank the spotty dog for!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I'm genuinely sorry about your letter. It must have crossed your mind that the Editor may not wish to offend the powers that be!

'UNITY'-that's an emotive word which is as apposite to Greenock Morton as 'democracy' was to Nazi Germany. (whatever made me think of that analogy? :lol: )

What sort of 'unity' do you think is most likely to 'get us up and running'? The biggest problem for the Ton right now will not be solved by rose tinted visions of a unified body of happy clappers. Unity will come when the Club wants the fans to become an integral part. So long as the club deliberately perpetuates the current 'divide and rule' policy, we WILL remain divided, and we WILL continue to knock lumps out of each other on this massage board.

Do YOU think that accusing our Manager of blowing his budget, making an arse of things and incurring the Chairman's displeasure-that just before a crucial Cup Tie-was a unifying gesture? <_>

One crucial difference between JM and DI is that the former was spineless and couldn't have motivated a hypermanic jumping bean on speed. I don't believe DI is the finished article by any means, and I'll pass judgement as time goes by-NOT at the end of the season! (That latter philosophy would have had us relegated last time!!!) :rolleyes:

I have not been overly impressed by results so far. I believe he's cobbled together a very incomplete squad with limited options. On Tuesday night, however, those boys showed that they can produce AND entertain when they want to, and I'm hopeful that we now may go on a good run.

Perhaps Measles' post was just the subtle dig in the ribs that DI needed.

b]

Perhaps Measles knew that.

If so we have lots to thank the spotty dog for!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gidday MJ,

well, our league start has clearly been poor.

With our form against Hibs and Airdrie's form against Hearts, Saturday will be a turning point.

Things are undoubtedly looking better.

:)

I am sorry, MJ, but I am not sure that Spotty knows anything.

:(

Gidday MJ,

well, our league start has clearly been poor.

With our form against Hibs and Airdrie's form against Hearts, Saturday will be a turning point.

Things are undoubtedly looking better.

:)

I am sorry, MJ, but I am not sure that Spotty knows anything.

He seems to know lots about SHARES!

Gidday mccaff,

Could that be due to Spotty's failure to clarify his claims ?

:blink:

Maybe he's in the dog house!

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

He seems to know lots about SHARES!

OK, MJ, I'll bite.

:lol:

Is SHARES a brand of dog food ?

:blink:

Here's what Measles said:

'If you really want to make a difference at any club you need SHARES, as many as you can possibly get your hands on.

Joining the Trust makes more sense to me. They purchase SHARES and the more they get their hands on the stronger they become. It just makes so much sense to me.'

Newt-why don't you spend that money Rae knocked back, on the Trust?

With an extra £20,000 worth of shares, surely they'd become strong enough to get a reply from Mr Donald! :ph34r:

YER BARD

Here's what Measles said:

'If you really want to make a difference at any club you need SHARES, as many as you can possibly get your hands on.

Joining the Trust makes more sense to me. They purchase SHARES and the more they get their hands on the stronger they become. It just makes so much sense to me.'

Newt-why don't you spend that money Rae knocked back, on the Trust?

With an extra £20,000 worth of shares, surely they'd become strong enough to get a reply from Mr Donald! :ph34r:

Gidday MJ,

For some strange reason I doubt that Mr Donald's reply would be worth £20 let alone £20,000.

I think it is fair to suggest that recent events or lack thereof, show where the Trust sits in the view of Sugar Rae and Mr Donald.

Sad but true, IMHO.

Gidday MJ,

For some strange reason I doubt that Mr Donald's reply would be worth £20 let alone £20,000.

I think it is fair to suggest that recent events or lack thereof, show where the Trust sits in the view of Sugar Rae and Mr Donald.

Sad but true, IMHO.

Here's another of Measles' sayings:

'A really strong Supporters' Trust would make a far greater impact at Cappielow than any one owner'.

I think Measles may have been quite a deluded wee pooch when he said that-don't you Newt? :)

YER BARD

No retraction Shipman, I just forgot that you only inhabit this small Morton community. It must be galling to find out you don't know everything and your not always right after all.

Go give the monkey a jag in the arse Shipman for not being properly informed and put it out of it's misery.

Almost 48 hours now Measles!

Did the Embra Polis bang you into quarantine as a public nuisance.

No retraction of your attack on the Manager.

Big Doc says you're a 'liar'.

Is Big Doc not properly informed?

BTW the monkey says you're a scabby bitch! :lol:

YER BARD

Here's another of Measles' sayings:

'A really strong Supporters' Trust would make a far greater impact at Cappielow than any one owner'.

I think Measles may have been quite a deluded wee pooch when he said that-don't you Newt? :)

I don't know the context in which that was written, but it doesn't seem too ridiculous to me as a statement.

Note to self - be nice to the opposition.

I don't know the context in which that was written, but it doesn't seem too ridiculous to me as a statement.

Well you can either see it as totally unspecified-a strong Trust and a skint owner-or a strong Trust and a mega rich Abramovic style owner, where the outcomes would presumably vary, or you can take it in the context of Measles as 'spokesman' for GMST, referring to Douglas Rae as owner.

YER BARD

The best thing (the ONLYgood thing in fact) about this thread is the discussion about food.

It's just a shame that it's difficult to be enthusiastic about food when someone's trying to stir the s***....... <_>

A leopard can't change its spots - nor, apparently, can a mangy ol' jag..............

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right......."

The best thing (the ONLYgood thing in fact) about this thread is the discussion about food.

It's just a shame that it's difficult to be enthusiastic about food when someone's trying to stir the s***....... <_>

A leopard can't change its spots - nor, apparently, can a mangy ol' jag..............

Measles accused our Manager of having 'blown the budget, made an arse of it, and displeased the Master'.

Big Doc has affirmed that those allegations are incorrect.

Measles has so far declined to make further comment.

I wonder why.

Not that he'd dream of s*** stirring to pursue a personal agenda! <_>

Are you calling Big Doc a liar?

YER BARD

Bought some nice rolls from the Co-op in Gourock for use with a couple of burgers tonight.

What's everyone else having?

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Measles accused our Manager of having 'blown the budget, made an arse of it, and displeased the Master'.

Big Doc has affirmed that those allegations are incorrect.

Measles has so far declined to make further comment.

I wonder why.

Not that he'd dream of s*** stirring to pursue a personal agenda! <_>

Are you calling Big Doc a liar?

I would much be much more inclined to believe bigdoc. From the info I have Irons did indeed have almost complete autonomy over the budget and unless DDF has said privately to SpotTon or anyone else that he isn't best pleased this may just be s*** stirring.

For the record I am quite pleased with the way Irons has blown his budget.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

I would much be much more inclined to believe bigdoc. From the info I have Irons did indeed have almost complete autonomy over the budget and unless DDF has said privately to SpotTon or anyone else that he isn't best pleased this may just be s*** stirring.

For the record I am quite pleased with the way Irons has blown his budget.

He has stated that signings are not complete, and that he could take on more staff if he could offload surplus. I don't think the squad is 'the finished article' but I equally don't think he's 'made an arse of it' by a long chalk, as Tuesday night's result tends to confirm.

YER BARD

Ive not long devoured a fish supper from the orangefield chippy, with 2 slices of bread and butter and a cup of tea. It was absolutely spot on I tells ye :D

My burgers came out the freezer frozen together so that is house the started on the George Foreman before I stepped in about half way through cooking and cut them in half in some kind of poor-mans butcher style.

After that they cooked up a treat and, with a bit of red sauce, were superb.

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Archived