A Swing In The General Consensus? - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

A Swing In The General Consensus?

Toby

Rowan Alexander is currently not of sound mind! And did he not once insult the club and supporters which resulted in a supporters club changing their name?

That may be the reason why an element of our support dislike Rowan Alexander, but the guy isnt in the business to be nice to folk who support opposing teams, his job is to win games and trophies. And he has done that successfully. End of. Incidentally, ever since his comments about Morton and Templeman (which i dont disagree with) an element of our support dont want to give him any credit for anything that he has achieved in the game, which is respectable to say the very least.

It is Ironic that a lot of those that criticise some genuine Morton supporters for having a personal vendetta against Jim McInally are the same ones that have a petty and personal vendetta with Rowan Alexander, and the same ones that seem to have a gloat about his personal afflictions.

TIME TO GO, JIM

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really...

One time he came in after about 3 months of the season. Lost it by a point - wonder how much we'd have lost by if he hadn't come in.

The other time we finished a very good second and got shafted by the playoffs (queue - blah de blah... he knew the rules before the season... bleat, whine, greet etc).

Then we won the league with a few games to spare.

Now we've made a respectable start and brought in at least 5 players who look to have improved the squad.

Results, by no means perfect but very competitive and improving every season.

Next.

The same old excuses from the same old suspects.....

He took over ten games into season 2004/05 and was 7 points behind top of the league Stranraer and 5 behind eventual champions Brechin. With 26 games to spare and easily the strongest squad in the league he should have won it, whether it was his own team or not. He failed.

He finished a good second in 2005/06? Eighteen points behind the champions isn't a good second. I'll not go on about knowing the rules although it would be an extremely valid point. However, in the only games that mattered that season what happened? He failed.

Yes he won the league last year, after he should have been sacked for the two previous debacles. winning the title was too little to late. and at the same time you are excusing his previous failures, i could point to Stirling's late collapse last season. On that occassion he didn't fail, he got away with it.

Five players who look to have improved the squad? I'll reserve judgement just yet thank you very much, but as I indicated on Friday night he made no effort to improve the area of the squad which needs the most drastic surgery, leaving us with Laurel and Harding til new year at least. God help us.

In conclusion, sorry Jim but the letter starts like this;

Dear Mr Rae,

I wish to confirm my resignation with immediate............

I'm glad you guys posted, saved me wasting my time responding to the same old folk with personal issues against the management. We are joint 3rd (goal difference aside obviously) having beaten Dunfermline, Clyde and Livi this season and losing to the team who at the moment look good for the title and away to Dundee. Saturday was unlucky as we were denied by poor refereeing and last ditch defending. If we go on a six game run of defeats then we can talk about getting shot of the management, but anyone who expects us to finish above mid-table has unfair and unrealistic expectations of this season. Get a grip.

I am only taking league performances into account we will test Livingston in the league at the next game .

The only thing that separated us was a rather soft goal . Their keeper is muck and in the next game we must exploit this . However the 2nd half of that game Livi played some neat football so I don't think things maybe as easy as we may think .

Totally agree.

My patience snapped a couple of weeks ago after it became transparent to anyone with half a brain cell that he's learned nothing in his 3 years in charge. The same mistakes (and worse) are being made on a regular basis.

My feelings have now been compounded by the Jamie Stevenson rumours.

I'm now ready to join the campaign to get him out before further damage is done to the club.

Exactly, rumours! You have just said your feelings are compounded by rumour! That is frankly ridiculous! I hope you never sit on a jury!

Rowan Alexander.

The only man for the job, in fact, as soon as DDFR knew he was available he should have moved Heaven and Earth to get him.

A man who has enough personal problems in his life, never mind taking on a club with the most fussy support in the football league (though I reckon Partick fans would run us close!). I have no personal issues with Alexander and admire him for his work at Gretna; though he did do it with a carte blanche in the transfer market and with his wage structure. Also, while people seem to be taking rumour as gospel, I heard that his players didn't really like him.

We are 5th in the league on goal difference. One unfortunate result on Saturday there (unfortunate in that any neutral there would agree we deserved at least a point from it) and the manager is getting it in the neck! It's football! No team has a divine right to win every single game! To be honest, maybe Jim should resign; I know I couldn't be bothered with the section of our support who seem hell bent on getting him out of the job, a job he has done well up to now.

� The Fire Breathing Morton Guy - I'm not Pat!

Exactly, rumours! You have just said your feelings are compounded by rumour! That is frankly ridiculous! I hope you never sit on a jury!

A man who has enough personal problems in his life, never mind taking on a club with the most fussy support in the football league (though I reckon Partick fans would run us close!). I have no personal issues with Alexander and admire him for his work at Gretna; though he did do it with a carte blanche in the transfer market and with his wage structure. Also, while people seem to be taking rumour as gospel, I heard that his players didn't really like him.

We are 5th in the league on goal difference. One unfortunate result on Saturday there (unfortunate in that any neutral there would agree we deserved at least a point from it) and the manager is getting it in the neck! It's football! No team has a divine right to win every single game! To be honest, maybe Jim should resign; I know I couldn't be bothered with the section of our support who seem hell bent on getting him out of the job, a job he has done well up to now.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd like to see him do it poorly. <_>

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yes he won the league last year, after he should have been sacked for the two previous debacles. winning the title was too little to late.
I agree with a lot of what you said, but I reckon this is pretty harsh.

Winning the league, while too late might have been fair words, wasn't too little. It was what we needed at the time and we got it.

and at the same time you are excusing his previous failures, i could point to Stirling's late collapse last season. On that occassion he didn't fail, he got away with it.

It was still a fairly comfy lead we ended with, and we took enough points to justify our place at the top. We might have been let of lightly, but that's a mute point really, as Stirling were never going to take the full points that they needed. We did enough before the last two games to ensure victory in the league.

: )

The same old excuses from the same old suspects.....

He took over ten games into season 2004/05 and was 7 points behind top of the league Stranraer and 5 behind eventual champions Brechin. With 26 games to spare and easily the strongest squad in the league he should have won it, whether it was his own team or not. He failed.

He finished a good second in 2005/06? Eighteen points behind the champions isn't a good second. I'll not go on about knowing the rules although it would be an extremely valid point. However, in the only games that mattered that season what happened? He failed.

Yes he won the league last year, after he should have been sacked for the two previous debacles. winning the title was too little to late. and at the same time you are excusing his previous failures, i could point to Stirling's late collapse last season. On that occassion he didn't fail, he got away with it.

Five players who look to have improved the squad? I'll reserve judgement just yet thank you very much, but as I indicated on Friday night he made no effort to improve the area of the squad which needs the most drastic surgery, leaving us with Laurel and Harding til new year at least. God help us.

In conclusion, sorry Jim but the letter starts like this;

Dear Mr Rae,

I wish to confirm my resignation with immediate............

Well there's obviously no getting through to you.

7 points after 10 games is massively off the pace. That form over the whole season would equal around 25 points come May. So turn it around to a few points was a good achievement.

You can say what you like about the play-offs but had the ludicrous rules not conspired against us it would have been a great achievement we would all have been celebrating.

Now you are dismissing a league winning campaign as getting away with it! That's just ridiculous, imagine your boss telling you that in work (or teacher in school if you've never worked) that a good set of results over an entire year was 'getting away with it'. Get real!

And if you think Jim is seriously considering writing, or Rae considering accepting such a letter then you really are living in the land of fantasy.

Edit to add... having found a calculator it would actually have been 25.2 points.

7 points after 10 games is massively off the pace. That form over the whole season would equal around 25 points come May. So turn it around to a few points was a good achievement.

You can say what you like about the play-offs but had the ludicrous rules not conspired against us it would have been a great achievement we would all have been celebrating.

Now you are dismissing a league winning campaign as getting away with it! That's just ridiculous, imagine your boss telling you that in work (or teacher in school if you've never worked) that a good set of results over an entire year was 'getting away with it'. Get real!

And if you think Jim is seriously considering writing, or Rae considering accepting such a letter then you really are living in the land of fantasy.

Edit to add... having found a calculator it would actually have been 25.2 points.

To be fair, we did drop a hell of a lot of stupid points during that season under JM.

3-0 @ Dumbarton and 2 0-0 draws against Dumbarton and Forfar.

We had it in our own hands that season even when JM took over.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

To be fair, we did drop a hell of a lot of stupid points during that season under JM.

3-0 @ Dumbarton and 2 0-0 draws against Dumbarton and Forfar.

We had it in our own hands that season even when JM took over.

We still needed a helluva lot of turning around tho when he did come in.

Looked totally berreft of confidence and beaten as soon as we took the field.

Now we have a lot more self belief and always capable of getting a result.

How many times are folk going to go on bleating about how the system cheated us ? Same rules for everyone. Like a car crash waiting to happen many fans could see we were doomed to failure even before the play-offs. We bottled it in the most important games of the season and for that the management team must take their share of the blame.

I don't believeI have unrealistic expectations. Mid table will do me this season. More important is to see signs of progress not to be continually frustrated as the same mistakes from the past are repeated. That is my biggest concern with Jim M. I do however think he should be given the chance to prove me and others wrong.

rowan alexander is a morton legend.

LCM, I don't disagree with that statement for one minute. However, I am just stating a fact that Rowan Alexander has a drink problem and has had for quite some time and therefore, is possibly unfil for work and no Chairman or any other perspective employer is going to appoint him in any capacity at the moment (not to mentio the fact that he is currently actively seeking a case for unfair dismissal.

Incidently, I know this is a very, very , very long shot. I would love to see Neil Warnock at the helm. I know it is not going to happen for obvious reasons however what I found very intersting is that I wnet to check if the brick I had ordered had been placed on the wall of the old shop at the weekend and I was quite impressed to see a brick saying "Neil Warnock The Blades". Not sure about the detaisl surrounding the placement of this brick but surely it stands for something?

He who laughs last ............

It never ceases to amaze me how low some people are willing to stoop, lie and deceive. The only way to deal with that is to laugh in the face of adversity.....

LCM, I don't disagree with that statement for one minute. However, I am just stating a fact that Rowan Alexander has a drink problem and has had for quite some time and therefore, is possibly unfil for work and no Chairman or any other perspective employer is going to appoint him in any capacity at the moment (not to mentio the fact that he is currently actively seeking a case for unfair dismissal.

Incidently, I know this is a very, very , very long shot. I would love to see Neil Warnock at the helm. I know it is not going to happen for obvious reasons however what I found very intersting is that I wnet to check if the brick I had ordered had been placed on the wall of the old shop at the weekend and I was quite impressed to see a brick saying "Neil Warnock The Blades". Not sure about the detaisl surrounding the placement of this brick but surely it stands for something?

Neil Warnock left Sheffield Utd due to a contingent in the blades support who it seemed he could never please. I think it's fair to say we have a similar contingent.

Neil Warnock left Sheffield Utd due to a contingent in the blades support who it seemed he could never please. I think it's fair to say we have a similar contingent.

Never a more true word said However, our "contingent" seem to know more about football than Jim McInally, Rowan Alexander, Neil Warnock, Jose Murhino and Alec Ferguson put together.

He who laughs last ............

It never ceases to amaze me how low some people are willing to stoop, lie and deceive. The only way to deal with that is to laugh in the face of adversity.....

I think its fair to say Neil Warnock is a significantly better manage than Jim McInally.

I can't see that being a problem at cappielow - we're used to far worse men in the dugout.

I think that would be my ultimate fantasy.

You obviously seem to be under the impression that I'm seriously deluded, can we agree on that at least?

Oh, and by the way, seven points off the pace, not seven points. More than achievable in anyone's eye.

As for dismissing the title win, no I won't deny that I enjoyed it but it was won because the standard of the league was exceptionaly poor and we won it in the end because Stirling ran out of legs. In terms ofresources they shouldn't have been able to compete but gave us a right tough time before their part time status took it's toll.

Well he threatened to resign before on the basis of one defeat and the likelyhood of a play-off defeat - I doubt whether he has the stomach for a fight.

Oh, and by the way, seven points off the pace, not seven points. More than achievable in anyone's eye.

Indeed, but our position isn't too bad, thanks to the quality of our first two performances. I won't judge Jim McInally's First Division asperations over the past three games. However, I WILL judge some of the mistakes he has made during these games. This is why I've made the point time and time again that sacking him right now wouldn't do much good as far as bringing in a better manager is concerned. Midway through the season ? Much better time, as a sacking would be far more understandable depending on our position, and would make it easier for a manager worth their weight to come in.

I wouldn't take too much away from Stirling Albion though. They had some very good players in their team. I'm not sure about the resources thing, as they seemed to bring quite a number of guys in during the course of last season, including the January window. Well, some loans.

: )

Indeed, but our position isn't too bad, thanks to the quality of our first two performances. I won't judge Jim McInally's First Division asperations over the past three games. However, I WILL judge some of the mistakes he has made during these games. This is why I've made the point time and time again that sacking him right now wouldn't do much good as far as bringing in a better manager is concerned. Midway through the season ? Much better time, as a sacking would be far more understandable depending on our position, and would make it easier for a manager worth their weight to come in.

I wouldn't take too much away from Stirling Albion though. They had some very good players in their team. I'm not sure about the resources thing, as they seemed to bring quite a number of guys in during the course of last season, including the January window. Well, some loans.

You're missing my point. Piehutt is suggesting that the team Jim took over in 2004 had seven points after ten games when infact they were merely seven points off the top of the league, meaning promotion was a far more obtainable goal that year than he will have us believe.

Archived