Mcintwally Must Go ! - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mcintwally Must Go !

BishopTon

his biggest flaw today was that he let the referee influence him. The ref was very unpredictable in his decisions, he took Stevenson and Templeman off due to their bookings, ordinarily I would expect him to have kept the team as it was and see the game out, instead of preventing the possibility of going to 10 men.

His treatment of Keenen was shocking, he's demonstrated all season he obviously doesn't rate him, then throws him in to defend a lead against our nearest challengers? to sub him 5 mins later was a slap in the face to the boy and showed his severe lack of experience. For the record I like Dean Keenen, he's an honest pro and gives his all, you can't really fault a guy that does all he can to the best of his ability, the entire blame lies at McInallys door on this occasion.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David Edwards
I've said it before and I'll say it again; DDFR should never have hired an inexperienced manager. It was too big a risk and he, as an astute business man, should know all about risk.

So, don't blame McInally, blame our saviour for making a poor decision.

One could say now that the Manager and the core of his team have too much experience. Sadly to date it's experience of failure.

One could say now that the Manager and the core of his team have too much experience. Sadly to date it's experience of failure.

Indeed. For us to do anything next season regardless of what league we're in we're going to need to make big changes on and off the park. Too many players have ultimately failed consistently, some others just aren't good enough, some just don't have the attitude...and our manager is a joke.

AWMSC

Finally the penny drops , JM has been given the benefit of the doubt by many on the board , probably due to the fear that bringing someone else in to replace him would mean another season to bed the new guy in . However it is far too late to contemplate this at the end of the season the decision is simple Jim you are the weakest link ... good bye !!

For once I'll stick up for JM.

At least he's been steadfast and honest, and hasn't swayed from his opinions.

Maybe if half of you had been less keen to tear Willowman, KP Low, Chrissiboi, and others to shreds for the sake of it, you'd have seen it as it was much earlier.

Only when it comes to being rightly taunted by the Binos fans, have you chucked away your 'rose tints' en masse.

Shower of mindless muppets. :angry:

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then they pretend to befriend you, then you win!

YER BARD

I have been a defender of McInally up until now but I was very, very upset yesterday. In fact I have waited until this morning before even going on to the board and I can't face the Sunday papers. What manager is it that takes off the two best players when the team is cruising.

In fact, the two subs cost us the game. Firstly, Linn missed an open goal to make it 2-0 - probably Morton's miss of the season - and secondly Keenan gave away a silly free kick which led to their first goal. I suspect that Kennan has played his last game for Morton after yesterday and what that fiasco has done for the dressing room, I don't know.

Well done Jim McInally. You've now put us in the position of having to win 5 of our last six games to win the league where it should only have been another three needed. You've probably demoralised the dressing room with your stupid decisions, especially the Keenan fiasco. If we fail to win the championship, never mind promotion, these mistakes should cost you your job.

And finally, I don't need Mortonjag or chrissi or any of the others saying I told you so. I'm feeling sick enough as it is.

I have been a defender of McInally up until now but I was very, very upset yesterday. In fact I have waited until this morning before even going on to the board and I can't face the Sunday papers. What manager is it that takes off the two best players when the team is cruising.

In fact, the two subs cost us the game. Firstly, Linn missed an open goal to make it 2-0 - probably Morton's miss of the season - and secondly Keenan gave away a silly free kick which led to their first goal. I suspect that Kennan has played his last game for Morton after yesterday and what that fiasco has done for the dressing room, I don't know.

Well done Jim McInally. You've now put us in the position of having to win 5 of our last six games to win the league where it should only have been another three needed. You've probably demoralised the dressing room with your stupid decisions, especially the Keenan fiasco. If we fail to win the championship, never mind promotion, these mistakes should cost you your job.

And finally, I don't need Mortonjag or chrissi or any of the others saying I told you so. I'm feeling sick enough as it is.

You're a broken man, just like the rest of us :(

I cannot post my feelings about yesterday as I'm still in a state of shock and the fact that only a few days ago I said I'd back the team till the end of the season before analysing the players and management.

We still need to do this as we cannot afford not to go up this season.

On the bus on the way back yesterday you were about the only poster I thought might defend / make excuses for yesterday, but I'm glad to see you didn't, because only then could you be as broken hearted as the rest of us and fully appreciate what we're all going through.

Some sing of Celtic, Rangers

And some of Motherwell

Of Hibs and Partick Thistle

And other teams as well

But of all the famous football teams

There’s one that they’ve forgotten

With a Ra Ra Ra and a Cha Cha Cha

IT’S THE FAMOUS GREENOCK MORTON

me thinks you all know my opinion on this one...

However, my sister is not usually as scathing of our manager as me but I got this text from her this morning in reply to "what did she think of that mince yesterday".

"mince sums it up! Bad substitutions bad decisions poor play. Didn't deserve to lose but when u sit in with 25 mins to go what do u expect"

I think this really says it all (once again).

If we fail to make the grade again this season then its time for his jotters. Even if we do go up i dont think he is necesarily the right man to take things forward for us, he seems tactically niave and prone to make costly mistakes as our substitutions proved yesterday. Personally, i think we should have persevered with McCormack and given him the backing to punt Collins, Williams and those Australian wankers. We got rid of a better manager and today is the day that we rue that decision.

TIME TO GO, JIM

If we fail to make the grade again this season then its time for his jotters. Even if we do go up i dont think he is necesarily the right man to take things forward for us, he seems tactically niave and prone to make costly mistakes as our substitutions proved yesterday. Personally, i think we should have persevered with McCormack and given him the backing to punt Collins, Williams and those Australian wankers. We got rid of a better manager and today is the day that we rue that decision.

As far as I know McInally's contract is up at the end of the season so if we don't go up Dougie has no excuse for not replacing him.

And some of Motherwell

And other teams as well

Sacking mcinally at this stage of the season would be idiotic, but if we dont go up or even if we do go up a fresh face would be needed....someone with experience and knowledge of the game. I still fail to understand some of mcinally's tactics, i honestly believe that without mcinally Morton would be in posistion they are now....i dont think mcinally has had much to do....he has a squad that if he wanted could have won every game this season. But with a manager lacking any real knowledge and experience of football....we are in a sticky situation.

Manager's like Moore...look at the budget and players he has and look what he has done with Stirling, many would say Mcinally is in a far better posisition but both teams are on identical points....ill let you make your own thoughts.

Guest argyllsTon
As far as I know McInally's contract is up at the end of the season so if we don't go up Dougie has no excuse for not replacing him.

And by that time we may still be in the bloody league for another season, a season that i wouldnt renew my season ticket, and start to become a part time supporter and choose which games i want to go and see.

McInally, sort yourself out my friend, and close the door on the way out

Sacking mcinally at this stage of the season would be idiotic, but if we dont go up or even if we do go up a fresh face would be needed....someone with experience and knowledge of the game. I still fail to understand some of mcinally's tactics, i honestly believe that without mcinally Morton would be in posistion they are now....i dont think mcinally has had much to do....he has a squad that if he wanted could have won every game this season. But with a manager lacking any real knowledge and experience of football....we are in a sticky situation.

Manager's like Moore...look at the budget and players he has and look what he has done with Stirling, many would say Mcinally is in a far better posisition but both teams are on identical points....ill let you make your own thoughts.

You know something, i was thinking the exact same, however, McGlynn at Raith and Ayr getting rid of O'Conner have seen both teams have a massive improvement and the same bunch of players are pulling off excellent results.

It's a sticky situation. If JM doesnt get us promoted then we may regret not bringing in someone new at this point, however if we did bring someone in and they failed to get us promoted then there will be the 'we should have kept JM' discussion.

I would never like to see us sack a manager at this stage in the season whilst top of the league, but if it's best for the club then so be it.

We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

I have been a defender of McInally up until now but I was very, very upset yesterday.

On the bus on the way back yesterday you were about the only poster I thought might defend / make excuses for yesterday, but I'm glad to see you didn't, because only then could you be as broken hearted as the rest of us and fully appreciate what we're all going through.

I actually mentioned to WillowMan that you'd be receiving an anthrax package through the post on Monday morning should you attempt to defend that tripe. :lol:

And by that time we may still be in the bloody league for another season, a season that i wouldnt renew my season ticket, and start to become a part time supporter and choose which games i want to go and see.

McInally, sort yourself out my friend, and close the door on the way out

Likewise, I shall not be renewing my season book next year if McInally's still in charge.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Likewise, I shall not be renewing my season book next year if McInally's still in charge.

I stated last season that I wouldn't buy another season ticket whilst he was in charge and I stick by that even if we go up.

And some of Motherwell

And other teams as well

Archived