Mcintwally Must Go ! - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mcintwally Must Go !

BishopTon

I would personally kick McInally right out of Cappielow tonight. He has not got the first clue on how to guide the only Full time team out of this league with resources that all of the other Managers in the league could only dream of.

Trying to defend a 1-0 lead today was shocking. The midfield from minute one was not performing and he made no changes until he took off the Star Man (Templeman) he had been booked but he was trying unlike some jokers in our team.

Stirling were the better team in the Second Half into the wind. ! still in shock at how tactically bad we were....

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would personally kick McInally right out of Cappielow tonight. He has not got the first clue on how to guide the only Full time team out of this league with resources that all of the other Managers in the league could only dream of.

Trying to defend a 1-0 lead today was shocking. The midfield from minute one was not performing and he made no changes until he took off the Star Man (Templeman) he had been booked but he was trying unlike some jokers in our team.

Stirling were the better team in the Second Half into the wind. ! still in shock at how tactically bad we were....

Agree mate, but it wont happen because there are to many people on here stick up for him, its not untill they get it through there thick skulls and when we are in division 2 again next year they may realise that yea he should go, but by that time it will be to fuc*ing late us per. Hope the cun* reads this tonight or somone close to morton cause something has to be done before its to late again. Appart from him the team are not strong enough either

I am not a negative poster but:

That game today was in the bag with 75 minutes played before McInally made what I can only describe as two of the worst substitutions I've ever seen in my many years of attending football matches.

I made the journey to stranraer last month to see us throw away a comfortable lead with some 'bizarre' switches. All through that game today I couldn't help but think a repeat occurrence was possible and hoped that we wouldn't sacrifice our forward going players and try to sit on a one goal lead.

During the second half McInally seemed perfectly content to let his team sit back and hump the ball up the field at every opportunity with little interest in pushing home our distinct advantage which was clearly visible from the first half. At this level it is extremely hard to defend for an entire 45 minutes holding onto a 1 goal lead.

Did he not go to Stranraer???

Failing once in this manner can be described as unlucky. Making the same mistake again is incompetence.

We WILL still win this league due to the determination of the players. But this will be in spite of McInally rather than because of him.

I have no signature

Just to play devil's advocate, if we get rid of McInally now, what to do between now and the end of the season? Clark as caretaker? Clark to go? Who would boss the team for the run-in?

EOho8Pw.png

I honestly think it is the only choice, the players will get the kick up the bum the deserve, on current form Stirling will win the league. if Jim continues how many 1-0 will we try to defend.. badly.. we will not play well in the playoffs, (manager devoid of ideas) so the only choice for Jim is to go ASAP.

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

To quote another poster We Will get Promoted inspite of McInally . We have a game in hand and should regain our 4 point cushion . We have some tricky games left but with our form so hit and miss no wonder the black clouds are looming .

I thought after last seasons disappointment we would have wanted to show everyone a clean pair of heals but it looks like another nervy finish .

I wonder how many will forgive JM for making another error in this important game . I am bemused at how many games that we seem to take off the players who are performing , while the worse some play the more likely they remain on the park .

The question about Jamie never finishing games should be revealed , as surely if it was a matter of fitness then we would see a drop in his performance to the latter stages of games .

Agree mate, but it wont happen because there are to many people on here stick up for him, its not untill they get it through there thick skulls and when we are in division 2 again next year they may realise that yea he should go, but by that time it will be to fuc*ing late us per.

You really think he'll stay in/lose his job because people on here post opinions?

Jesus.

I think its an option to sack McInally - it would take some balls from Dougie tho - it would probably spur the players to do it for themselves rather than doing it for someone they must be losing respect for.

We all know JM is a stubborn boss and decisions like he made today (and two weeks ago against Peterhead!!!) proves he is not up to the job and if we keep him in there we risk being left in this sh!tey league for another year (at least).

At the end of the day its the fans that suffer, JM will get his money and trudge off elsewhere (Celtic youth no doubt)

You never know, sack JM and Allan Moore may apply for the job again !!!!!!!!!

Its times like this i wish i was a Hearts fan - they've got it EASY ! :D

pen.jpg

sacking Jim McInally at this stage in the season would be absolutely crazy IMO! we will still win the league, it may just not be as easy as it could have been.

Come on lads and lasses, when have Morton ever done anything the easy way!

I wasn't for sacking the guy when KP Low and the Taxi for McInally but like KPL I had big reservations about his competence , which haven't been appeased .

Something has to give, the constant struggle to achieve what others have at the first time of asking is beginning to be seen by others than the usual instigators of doom .

At the end of the season no matter what the outcome I don't think JM has proved enough to take us foward into a higher division . I said before that we would have to assess him after a season in the 1st but having gone into calamity mode once again then no further evidence is needed for this individual .

I don't see how sacking the manager with so few games to go could be seen as anything other than a negative action. However, I sincerely hope he self evaluates his performance and hands his notice in for next season, there's no way this team or management could cut it in the 1st division.

We need to remind ourselves that it's still in our own hands. For 75 minutes today we looked comfortable, its our inability to finish teams off when we're on top that is killing us. On Stirlings performance today I don't see them winning every game from now till the end of the season, they didnt give us much bother for the majority of the game.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; DDFR should never have hired an inexperienced manager. It was too big a risk and he, as an astute business man, should know all about risk.

So, don't blame McInally, blame our saviour for making a poor decision.

I don't see how sacking the manager with so few games to go could be seen as anything other than a negative action. However, I sincerely hope he self evaluates his performance and hands his notice in for next season, there's no way this team or management could cut it in the 1st division.

We need to remind ourselves that it's still in our own hands. For 75 minutes today we looked comfortable, its our inability to finish teams off when we're on top that is killing us. On Stirlings performance today I don't see them winning every game from now till the end of the season, they didnt give us much bother for the majority of the game.

Your post is very accurate but at the same time shows all the signs that makes sacking JM a GOOD decision.

For 75 minutes we did look comfortable but JM put his tuppence worth of "tactics" in and we lost ! Its not so much in our hands as JMs hands, if he wants to play Mathers up front he will !!!! <_>

If JM is sacked then decisions that were made today would more than likely NOT have been made.

pen.jpg

Archived