And It's A No From Us! - Page 3 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

And It's A No From Us!

No disrespect Charles - but I think you are in a group of one in this respect.

I know you really like Morton - why not go the full hog now and support them completely?

Andy I love The Ton, but i had to get this of my chest :rolleyes:

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No disrespect Charles - but I think you are in a group of one in this respect.

I know you really like Morton - why not go the full hog now and support them completely?

My thoughts as well. He does seem to be the only one with this view.

Isn't it a lovely day.....

If DDR can effectivly turn away a large sum of money for the running of the club, then he cant be expected fans to dig deep into their own pockets everytime it comes to fundraising.I for one whom have donated large amounts over the years,and i am ready to make a stance on doing absolutly SFA in the future. I will also have a think about why i should continue supporting any kind of football across the board,scotland included.

you lot have your views and actions , well this is MINE :angry:

I think there could be other things in the mix: SPL2.

So saying no to 'The Rangers' in div 1 wouldn't apply if that league goes.

Could they get SPL2 up and running this year who knows?

Great decision - my only worry now is that if the heid honchos see this and try to force through re-construction for the wrong reasons.

I think there are still a lot of people who, like myself, wont support senior scottish football if this happens - its a tough stance to take and this makes it all the more difficult with DDF saying "No".

Re-construction should only happen once the current issue has been resolved - then I'm all for it.

If things don't change, they'll stay the way they are.

If DDR can effectivly turn away a large sum of money for the running of the club, then he cant be expected fans to dig deep into their own pockets everytime it comes to fundraising.I for one whom have donated large amounts over the years,and i am ready to make a stance on doing absolutly SFA in the future. I will also have a think about why i should continue supporting any kind of football across the board,scotland included.

Couple of points Chuck me 'oul flower......

1) great stance by Morton. I didn't see Rangers rushing to try and save us, or Clydebank, or Livvy or anyone else who had to face the consequences of financial mismanagement.

2) why do Rangers fans think they are any different from any other fans in the world ? This whole "it wasn't us who did it". Well it wasn't Morton fans or Bankies fans or whoever who got their club into the s***e but you didn't see this same sanctimonious pish being spouted by us when we were left to our fate in the third - not that you big boys gave a **** anyway

3) if DDFR can afford to say no to the dangling carrot (effectively bribe money) that may come from a newco entering the 1st division, then I'm fairly certain he won't be wetting his knickers that you may no longer throw in a few bob.

4) It is a good business decision, and a good decision for the game - for a whole pile of reasons.

5) Insert Schadenfreude sound hear ...........

Yours In Sport

Nelson Muntze

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

He is not necessary turning away the large sum of money.. merely delaying.

Remember when David Murray put Airdrieonians FC into administration/liquidation around 9 years ago over a £10K debt to MIM? I think his quote was something like "It's just business". Karma I say. :lol:

I think you will find that DDF and most fans would rather dig deeper than usual rather than overlook the rules and integrity of the game , I can see the money making opportunityies that exist with Rangers in the first but I also agree the right thing is to say no

Quick question Bawheid , Why should Rangers be allowed in the first ?

yes_to_a_just_scotland_cover.jpg?itok=zU

In all honesty - I believe Morton would be better off if Rangers ceased to exist in any form.

We would no longer see 10 buses leaving Greenock to go to Ibrox and I'm sure more people would support their local team. Interest in celtic may dwindle if they don't have a big rival pushing them and it may not be all that much fun being in a league of 1 at the top of the SPL.

It seems to have become unfashionable to support a 'wee team' and kids are not only running about with Old firm tops on these days, but Man U, Chelsea, Barca, Milan etc as well. I say, this is just the kind of thing that can put the wee teams back in 'vogue'.

An honest local club, that pays its bills and tries its best with what resources they have. That brings young boys from their town through the ranks to play for their lcoal team and live the dream - perhaps even play for Scotland. Ok, so may not be all that glamorous in the pissing rain in front of 2000 fans - but that's football.

I really have no opinion if Rangers were allowed entry to any league. But I wouldn't blame Dougie for voting them into the SFL (div 3). We will perhaps get a season worth of additional income in 2 or 3 years, but what if we get relegated the season they get promoted? Not guaranteed is it?

Also - what kind of application is the newco going to make to the SFL? No accounts, no history, limited financial resources, no players? Can they even afford to run a stadium? Would a club like Huntly or even Clydebank be able to make a better case for entry?

Regarding reconstruction, it's a yes from me. However not for the coming season - a reasonable perio of notice is needed. If it's for the 13-14 season then fine, and that means Rangers would still be in the lower tier for a second year.

i agree with this completely, anything pushed through now in time for the coming season would be an utter joke and completely unfair on the teams who have budgeted for the existing league but may find themselves in a different one!

i'm actually very sceptical about there being any "Rangers" team in the leagues next year. it's barely a month until the season starts and there is still doubts about Charles Green's ownership, players are jumping ship left right and centre and now their is talk of a fans buy out involving John Brown. Seems like an awful lot of work to be done for this to happen?!

I think you will find that DDF and most fans would rather dig deeper than usual rather than overlook the rules and integrity of the game , I can see the money making opportunityies that exist with Rangers in the first but I also agree the right thing is to say no

Quick question Bawheid , Why should Rangers be allowed in the first ?

To be fair and I know most Govan bears agree they should be starting at the bottom.but this is an opportunity to change scottish football for the better. Why should Morton miss out .iIts not about giving rangers an easy return to the top league , and anyway we know how difficult it is theres no guarantees they will achieve a quick bounce back. Also if I'm been honest I never got to see Morton beat the Govan bears all that often. U lot seem to think I'm on here to promote rangers case, well I say to u lot , u think u r giving me a hard time well u should see the real abuse I'm getting from my friends and family. They make u lot a lot easier to cope with.so I hope that helps clear up why I'm not OBJECTING to a new Co

eat drink and be merry for tommorrow you may be radioiactive

Great decision - my only worry now is that if the heid honchos see this and try to force through re-construction for the wrong reasons.

I think there are still a lot of people who, like myself, wont support senior scottish football if this happens - its a tough stance to take and this makes it all the more difficult with DDF saying "No".

Re-construction should only happen once the current issue has been resolved - then I'm all for it.

Agreed, Andy - I was on record as accepting that some form of 'pragmatism' may be required in the context of Reconstruction/Newco/SFL1, however I'm now convinced that a rushed reconstruction for the wrong reasons would be just as damaging as simply slotting them into SFL1. So SFL3 at best and then let's look at an effective reconstruction for the benefit of Scottish football.

P.S. Still peeved, though, that at 1.25pm today, some time after the Tele is published I, (as a non Telegraph subscribing season ticket holder living outside Inverclyde) can't actually read the full detail of Dougie's 'exclusive' without subscribing to read their 'locked' articles.

Tangent Counselling (www.tangenttcs.com)

Proud sponsors of Fouad (Freddy) Bachirou's Away strip 2013/14

Archived