"buroo" Cards - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"buroo" Cards

shaddypeekey

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't see why there is a concession gate for people who are unemployed or students for that matter. I have no gripe whatsoever with senior citizens, who have worked to earn that right, or people who have disabilities hindering their will to work, been given access to a concessionary rate. Is it in the interest of the club?

What's the problem with students getting in cheaper?

What if that person has worked all they're life and lost a job recently. Are they not entitled to go to watch a football match? Are they meant to stay at home and bang their head off a wall? Go out or get drunk or go and watch Morton. Who are you to say they can't do that? You never know, you might find yourself unemployed some day. I hope you don't dare and venture out anywhere except the job centre. :rolleyes:

well said.

i can not believe you are being serious about this shadypeeky. inverclyde is an area with high unemployment and very few job opportunities. morton are a community club and i think it would be an absolute disgrace if they were to stop giving unemployed people concessionary rates.

I would hope I would keep my cash for better purposes than a football match.

I totally agree with respect to having worked all their days, but I put toy ou, n that situation they would not be frittering cash on a football match.

My issue is with people who are work shy and spongers who expect to gain benefit fromthe "kudos" of being unemployed. This has started to recently really irk me, dont really know why!

surely its the governments job to weed out such spongers from the benefit system(thus denying them of dole card), as opposed to it being mortons job to pass judgement on them. in any case, who are you to say what unemployed or people on low income can and can not spend their money on?

I have pretty much been in continuous employment for the past 11 years - the exception being 4 years as a student (during which time i recieved no grants, had to pay my own fees and consequently had to work 20 hours a week to make ends meet), 6 months travelling, and 4 months on the dole when i returned from my travels. During both my student days and unemployed days I was seriously skint and getting in cappielow for 6 quid instead of 12 was the difference between it being affordable or not.

that is why there should be concessions for unemployed

i agree with shaddy speeky there was a documentry about it on tonight about people who earn more on benefits than if they were to work. benefit britain - new labours legacy! on the logic that if you are unemployed you should get a concession then does this mean you should get discounts in other walks of life such as cinema, tesco,travel etc?

well said.

i can not believe you are being serious about this shadypeeky. inverclyde is an area with high unemployment and very few job opportunities. morton are a community club and i think it would be an absolute disgrace if they were to stop giving unemployed people concessionary rates.

surely its the governments job to weed out such spongers from the benefit system(thus denying them of dole card), as opposed to it being mortons job to pass judgement on them. in any case, who are you to say what unemployed or people on low income can and can not spend their money on?

I have pretty much been in continuous employment for the past 11 years - the exception being 4 years as a student (during which time i recieved no grants, had to pay my own fees and consequently had to work 20 hours a week to make ends meet), 6 months travelling, and 4 months on the dole when i returned from my travels. During both my student days and unemployed days I was seriously skint and getting in cappielow for 6 quid instead of 12 was the difference between it being affordable or not.

that is why there should be concessions for unemployed

eh so the unemployment discount helped you when you where 'skint' becaise you had been travelling for 6 months? get a reality check!

Well done for Morton FC continuing its unemployed rate in one of the highest areas of unemployment in the country.

If someone finds themselves in the unfortunate position of being unemployed then being able to follow their club at a reduced rate is a great advantage.

Some have mentioned that going to a game is not a priority for unemployed people. Unemployed people love Greenock Morton as much as the next chap and this may be their chosen entertainement outlet affordable each week.

Those in full employment, - dont be too hasty to judge those who, at this moment in time, may be less fortunate than yourself but just as much a Morton Supporter and want to follow their local team.

Those who give a quarter, or more, of their weekly income to following Morton deserve a bit of credit.

“The Bible may, indeed does, contain a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured human mammals.â€

― Christopher Hitchens, God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything

eh so the unemployment discount helped you when you where 'skint' becaise you had been travelling for 6 months? get a reality check!

Eh yes it did. it was the difference between me going to the games and not going. So if you don't think a massive drop in crowds would be a problem, then maybe you are right it would be a good thing to stop concessions. If you think this is the case then it is clearly you who needs a "reality check".

Yes so I was unemployed for a short time after my travels... I funded travelling by working my @rse of and saving up while paying taxes of.course. Since then I have been in continuous employment and have paid full price to get in.

Well done for Morton FC continuing its unemployed rate in one of the highest areas of unemployment in the country.

If someone finds themselves in the unfortunate position of being unemployed then being able to follow their club at a reduced rate is a great advantage.

Some have mentioned that going to a game is not a priority for unemployed people. Unemployed people love Greenock Morton as much as the next chap and this may be their chosen entertainement outlet affordable each week.

Those in full employment, - dont be too hasty to judge those who, at this moment in time, may be less fortunate than yourself but just as much a Morton Supporter and want to follow their local team.

Those who give a quarter, or more, of their weekly income to following Morton deserve a bit of credit.

Well said.

i agree with shaddy speeky there was a documentry about it on tonight about people who earn more on benefits than if they were to work.

nice one, so because you watched a documentary highlighting a handful of cases where the benefits system failed, that means that all unemployed people are spongers/fraudsters?

benefit britain - new labours legacy! on the logic that if you are unemployed you should get a concession then does this mean you should get discounts in other walks of life such as cinema, tesco,travel etc?

actually, you do! Many local authorities offer discount to unemployed people on leisure passes/swimming pools/gym membership, in some parts of the country unemployed people get discounts on public transport too, there are also a number of driving schools wich offer unemployed discounts.

What if that person has worked all they're life and lost a job recently. Are they not entitled to go to watch a football match? Are they meant to stay at home and bang their head off a wall? Go out or get drunk or go and watch Morton. Who are you to say they can't do that? You never know, you might find yourself unemployed some day. I hope you don't dare and venture out anywhere except the job centre. :rolleyes:

Is a pint cheaper in the Jimmy Watt if you have a buroo card :unsure: ?

Is a pint cheaper in the Jimmy Watt if you have a buroo card :unsure: ?

No, but if you are on the dole you may choose to go for a pint in the Jimmy Watt instead of somewhere more expensive. I did give a few examples above of other things that unemployed folk do get discounts on

No, but if you are on the dole you may choose to go for a pint in the Jimmy Watt instead of somewhere more expensive. I did give a few examples above of other things that unemployed folk do get discounts on

Greenock Juniors are cheaper to watch than Morton, that's as good as your example about the Jimmy. I don't think the unemployed should get reduced entry to Cappielow- Who next? Single parents? They could argue they've got as much claim.

There comes a point that you have to draw the line, and after children, pensioners and the disabled, that in my opinion is where that line should be drawn.

your argument about being on the dole while you were galavanting round the world also holds little credence. You had no interest going to Cappielow in that time, so making the sacrafice of not going until you get into employment is a small one to make.

Greenock Juniors are cheaper to watch than Morton, that's as good as your example about the Jimmy. I don't think the unemployed should get reduced entry to Cappielow- Who next? Single parents? They could argue they've got as much claim.

There comes a point that you have to draw the line, and after children, pensioners and the disabled, that in my opinion is where that line should be drawn.

your argument about being on the dole while you were galavanting round the world also holds little credence. You had no interest going to Cappielow in that time, so making the sacrafice of not going until you get into employment is a small one to make.

I agree. I'm afraid when you're out of work certain luxuries have to be sacrificed. Even now, when I'm working two jobs to make ends meet I can't afford to go to every away game. I have to budget each week accordingly.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I totally disagree with you here mate.

If somehow you were sacked tomorrow you'd just give up watching Morton and go and watch EK Thistle, or not go at all? I think the unemployed concession is a good thing.

I think what prejudices people against the unemployed is that they think on the type of people (junkies, lazy neds etc) who don't want to work and who survive on benefits through choice - but I doubt these people would be going to Cappielow anyway. There are many hard working people who loss their job through no fault of their own. I'll never forget how low my Dad was after losing his job in Kincaids after 30 years there and struggling to get a job afterwards. He isn't a Ton fan but I can imagine how for someone who is their fortnightly trip to Cappielow could be something to look forward to.

so do you think it's ok that players who get paid by the club get tickets to dish out to friends and family to allow FREE admission ? some of these friends and family considerably better off than most ? who's paying for that privilidge.. the club ? the other paying fans ?.. ffs.. helping someone less fortunate is something to be commended, why do YOU find it a problem if someone helps out someone else ?.. is it just cause you 'real fans' think morton and the 'right' to support the team belongs to you exclusively ? newsflash.. it doesnt..get over it.

There are some questions that are too important, some truths too powerful, some messages too liberating, that they can never be heard for fear they might actually provide you with the freedom you desire and that 'they' then lose the dependence you have on them and for which they are rewarded. They lose the hold they have over you which keeps you spellbound and feeds their ego, their hunger for power and their raison d'etre.

- Think for Yourself, Ask Your own questions, Do Your own research! ...... Set Yourselves Free!

I got a free ticket from a player for the Dundee game in April. Who was paying for it? Not bloody me, that's all I cared for.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I agree. I'm afraid when you're out of work certain luxuries have to be sacrificed. Even now, when I'm working two jobs to make ends meet I can't afford to go to every away game. I have to budget each week accordingly.

Good post there

Archived