"buroo" Cards - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

"buroo" Cards

shaddypeekey

After being mentioned on another thread, can you still get into Cappielow cheap on a DSS benefits card?

If so, why????

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats it called now then? Is it the Deprtment of Work and Pensions or something?

Anyway, can you still get in cheap to Scapa if your on the buroo? And if so, why?

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Whats it called now then? Is it the Deprtment of Work and Pensions or something?

Anyway, can you still get in cheap to Scapa if your on the buroo? And if so, why?

Yes you can, and why not you have no way of telling why they are getting benefits, it's as valid as old folk (many of whom are better off than those in work) getting in on the cheap.

Also certain people getting in on expired student cards are much worse.

And aye, it's the DWP now.

It's called job seekers allowance now. Does that not come under a concession? :unsure:

That's just my opinion.

Yes you can, and why not you have no way of telling why they are getting benefits, it's as valid as old folk (many of whom are better off than those in work) getting in on the cheap.

Also certain people getting in on expired student cards are much worse.

And aye, it's the DWP now.

My point is, its not the fact people are on benefits, there but for the grace go all of us, but more being why pay into a football match if thats all the money you have? If I was on benefits I certainly wouldnt be wasting my limited cash on frivolous things like a game of football.

I really don't see why there is a concession gate for people who are unemployed or students for that matter. I have no gripe whatsoever with senior citizens, who have worked to earn that right, or people who have disabilities hindering their will to work, been given access to a concessionary rate. Is it in the interest of the club?

Run Silent, Run Deep...

My point is, its not the fact people are on benefits, there but for the grace go all of us, but more being why pay into a football match if thats all the money you have? If I was on benefits I certainly wouldnt be wasting my limited cash on frivolous things like a game of football.

I really don't see why there is a concession gate for people who are unemployed or students for that matter. I have no gripe whatsoever with senior citizens, who have worked to earn that right, or people who have disabilities hindering their will to work, been given access to a concessionary rate. Is it in the interest of the club?

What if that person has worked all they're life and lost a job recently. Are they not entitled to go to watch a football match? Are they meant to stay at home and bang their head off a wall? Go out or get drunk or go and watch Morton. Who are you to say they can't do that? You never know, you might find yourself unemployed some day. I hope you don't dare and venture out anywhere except the job centre. :rolleyes:

That's just my opinion.

Concessions are for those on a limited earning capacity ie OAPs and students. Unemployed kinda fit into the bracket, but it's at the club's ddiscretion and if they do, they'll clearly think there is a financial incentive to do so. Even a few pounds can make the difference between going or not.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What if that person has worked all they're life and lost a job recently. Are they not entitled to go to watch a football match? Are they meant to stay at home and bang their head off a wall? Go out or get drunk or go and watch Morton. Who are you to say they can't do that? You never know, you might find yourself unemployed some day. I hope you don't dare and venture out anywhere except the job centre. :rolleyes:

I would hope I would keep my cash for better purposes than a football match.

I totally agree with respect to having worked all their days, but I put toy ou, n that situation they would not be frittering cash on a football match.

My issue is with people who are work shy and spongers who expect to gain benefit fromthe "kudos" of being unemployed. This has started to recently really irk me, dont really know why!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

I would hope I would keep my cash for better purposes than a football match.

I totally agree with respect to having worked all their days, but I put toy ou, n that situation they would not be frittering cash on a football match.

My issue is with people who are work shy and spongers who expect to gain benefit fromthe "kudos" of being unemployed. This has started to recently really irk me, dont really know why!

You find that most of the work shy ****ers won't be going to see Morton anyway. I think that a guy/gal who has worked a lot of years, and through no fault of their own, find themselves unemployed, if they want to go and support a local team then they can do so.

That's just my opinion.

How do you know? The gate is for senior citizens, everyone over 65 (60 for women) years old gets a state pension regardless of how much they have worked (only the amount is determined by how much they have contributed).

You are being discriminative with no logic.

I haven't worked since 2007 on medical grounds, but am not on benefits, therefore have no income... being unemployed doesn't mean you are scrounging anything. Just because you can't afford to pay in (full price) doesn't mean that people should miss out on being able to enjoy of their few pleasures in their life because of circumstances.

tube

How do you know? The gate is for senior citizens, everyone over 65 (60 for women) years old gets a state pension regardless of how much they have worked (only the amount is determined by how much they have contributed).

You are being discriminative with no logic.

I haven't worked since 2007 on medical grounds, but am not on benefits, therefore have no income... being unemployed doesn't mean you are scrounging anything. Just because you can't afford to pay in (full price) doesn't mean that people should miss out on being able to enjoy of their few pleasures in their life because of circumstances.

Message board protocol mate! :blush:

Run Silent, Run Deep...

Archived