What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 266 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

I have the rest of them and the Black Album is just as good! No two tallica albums are the same anyway, and I like that one the best. :D

Hey man thats kl... we all have different tastes man. I just dont think the black album is their best 1 :P

The older stuff is just my fav .....and death magnetic is ok aswell.

Do you like Iron Maiden ?

1379248855-xxSCO%20STINSONxx.png

Its just not them... if you listen to there older albums you will hear the black album is not metallica... its the record company's album. :P you just cant beat old Tallica :D

I was in college with a huge metal / hard rock fan from the USA and he always insisted that was the case. He said he lost all respect for Metallica after the black album.

I'm not a huge Metallica fan, or a metal fan for that matter but I do own the Black album which probably says it all.

Edited by JonaTon

Can I just say I've never even heard a Metallica record, it's not my thing, but they must be some band going by the reaction on here.

The Smiths - The World Won't Listen, F*ckin great album, so many incredible tracks. :)

Can I just say I've never even heard a Metallica record, it's not my thing

:blink:

Listen to one before you decide. :P

Actually, you're right. It's not.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

lol, i have seen the video to many times m8 ! :P and the fact that its just a s*** riff and stuff.

I hate it when metallica say "do you want heavy" before they play sad but true that live because its anything buy heavy.

Metallica only made the black album to get more people that didnt like metal that much buying metallica albums :P it has to be said im afraid.

When you listen to their first few albums... thats when metallica are at there best by far ! because no record company was telling them" hey you guys make an album that will get little kids and people that dont like metal buying your records and t-shirts and s*** like that" ...

Plus the fact that they where just in it for the money by the black album point.

Fair enough if you don't like it, but you can't say it's not heavy. It's one of their heaviest songs taking all the albums into account!

That's what I've never understood with the sell out argument with the Black Album, a song as heavy as Sad But True, songs like The Unforgiven and Wherever I May Roam are hardly going to attract pop fans. You can make a case for the argument with Nothing Else Matters, but it wasn't the first time Metallica had done a slow, soft song. It sounds different from the previous four albums, but they all sound different, Justice is miles apart from Puppets in sound.

Load to St. Anger however, aye that was a sell out. They admitted themselves that was them trying to move with the times. They could have just stuck to making metal as they do best and their fanbase would have stayed with them, but they tried this new musical direction bollocks and it harmed them. Garage Inc was good, but from Load, ReLoad and St. Anger there's only three songs I like.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I was in college with a huge metal / hard rock fan from the USA and he always insisted that was the case. He said he lost all respect for Metallica after the black album.

I'm not a huge Metallica fan, or a metal fan for that matter but I do own the Black album which probably says it all.

Exactly my point... people that dont really like metal or that do like the black album songs.. IE my sister! she likes enter sandman and nothing else matters because its made for mainstream listening :P

Fair enough if you don't like it, but you can't say it's not heavy. It's one of their heaviest songs taking all the albums into account!

That's what I've never understood with the sell out argument with the Black Album, a song as heavy as Sad But True, songs like The Unforgiven and Wherever I May Roam are hardly going to attract pop fans. You can make a case for the argument with Nothing Else Matters, but it wasn't the first time Metallica had done a slow, soft song. It sounds different from the previous four albums, but they all sound different, Justice is miles apart from Puppets in sound.

Load to St. Anger however, aye that was a sell out. They admitted themselves that was them trying to move with the times. They could have just stuck to making metal as they do best and their fanbase would have stayed with them, but they tried this new musical direction bollocks and it harmed them. Garage Inc was good, but from Load, ReLoad and St. Anger there's only three songs I like.

I just cant hear what part of that song is heavy man lol..... they have downtuned the strings to mkae it sound real heavy but it just aint a good heavy riff or that IMO :P

To me a heavy metallica song is the likes of dyers eve or battery because the riffs are just thrown right in your face.

Oasis - Slide Away

**** knows how this song flew over my heed for so long. Brilliant song, their best possibly.

Always loved that song. Probably my joint favourite Oasis tune, along with Supersonic and Listen Up.

ryu-blackhadou.gif

jSuper_Street_Fighter_II_Turbo.png

An internet fud is still a fud.