What Are You Listening To At The Moment? - Page 110 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What Are You Listening To At The Moment?

amy

Have been listening to REM's albums from their IRS days in the 80s ahead of the new one, Accelerate, which apparently is meant to be a return to their earlier style! Am not so sure myself, having heard a few tracks. Murmur, Reckoning, Document and the like are absolutely brilliant, at their rawest and best for me.

Have also been revisiting the Eagles. I started with their new one from last year; Long Road Out Of Eden - Disc Two on it's own would have done IMO, and went back through it. Aside from the 'last' one, The Long Run, its tough to pick a fav.

Been listening to Long Road Out of Eden a lot recently; it's sits very comfortably with the early albums as long as you ignore the very first track on disc one, which must be the worst song they've ever done.

Keeping it retrospective, now listening to Blondie - The Tide Is High.

Haven't heard the new REM stuff yet, but i've thought for the last few years they've just been a poor parody of their former selves. Age has got to them.