Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (27th April) - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Raith Rovers (27th April)

1 hour ago, gmfc23 said:

As much as I understand your point it's not just any other game though is it.

It's the last home game of the season and for as long as I can remember the players come over at the end of a long hard season no matter even if we've been relegated maybe baring 13/14 but even then more players came over to the fans after the last home game. 

Regardless of individual opinion it's just not acceptable to fk off up the tunnel after the last home game of the season especially not when the guys who are applauding you have in our case been paying your wages. 

If Blues' good shot wasn't stopped by Dabrowski in the closing stages - or Crawford's header from the corner* - then there'd have been about twice as many folk around to give the team a send-off on the terraces at the final whistle. Despite the fact that said goal would have been almost entirely irrelevant to our season. So how is the yawning difference between those responses within the fanbase legit but a low-key response in the case of the players unacceptable?

The end of the game today turned out to be an insipid end to an insipid game off the back of... an insipid month. It just happens. While I could normally consider being out of touch for finding a gratitude exercise by footballers to be performative nonsense, the exodus of other fans suggests that today's game just turned out to be not a very good occasion for recognition. That cuts both ways incidentally - we might not see a player or two again who deserved a wee bit more than today's swansong. 

[/Quote] especially not when the guys who are applauding you have in our case been paying your wages. [Quote]

See, I find that 'we pay your wages' argument risible given both the undoubted effort and the actual value of some of the performances produced by the squad (League Cup at Ibrox; Scottish Cup QF - the Motherwell game; consolidation of league position after desperate opening third of the season). Did these not 'pay' the fans' contribution enough?

That argument doesn't mean we should award new contracts all round for next season by any means, but we have had absolutely zero grounds to complain about the attitude of this squad this season. 

*Two examples chosen simply because the finishes were good attempts as opposed to... other efforts in the second half.

Edited by vikingTON

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I actually thought we played not bad and created some decent chances. 

From my view Oakley was a mile onside such a weird decision by the linesman. 

Like some people have said I was slightly disappointed that a number of the players just disappeared down the tunnel I know a large part of people had left but for those who were left it would have been nice to acknowledge the players for their efforts this season. 

Suggests more than a few of them will be offski if we keep Oakley and Strapp I would be delighted but in terms of the rest I am less bothered than I was before about keeping the majority of them. 

I'm still strongly against VAR, and of course it's not the biggest deal in the world, but just to show that George and the defender's feet were in-line when the pass was made yesterday. It's all a bit blurry as the camera was moving, but clear enough I reckon? 

George disallowed goal.jpg