Non Morton related football - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Non Morton related football

Bit of a back story. The last games before Belgian Jupiler league split were played last weekend. My local team were sitting 4th from bottom, in a relegation group place. To leapfrog Charleroi on goal difference and into safety, Charleroi had to lose and Leuven had to win their respective final games. While Charleroi were being routinely pumped 5-0 at Gent, Leuven were still deadlocked 0-0 at home to Mechelen, deep into the 2 minutes of added time. With only 10 seconds left on the clock, the keeper launched a counter attack from which Nsingi scores a wonder goal that hits the back of the net on exactly 92:00.

Cue absolute scenes!

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2024 at 11:28 PM, SassenachTon said:

Sign him up. Immediately 😀

He'd only get a start when George is injured. He's only 22 though, so lot's of potential for the future. I'm sure Dougie could make a player out of him. :) 

Edited by Cet Homme Charmant

7 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

He'd only get a start when George is injured. He's only 22 though, so lot's of potential for the future. I'm sure could make a player out of him. :) 

I get the feeling that Mr. Imrie could make a player out of pretty much anyone (except Ally Roy obviously). If the rest of Nsingi’s play is anything like his footwork and finishing, I’d be delighted to see him on the bench. Just look at what’s happened with no clear substitute replacement for Gorgeous George.

Always interesting to see fitba from elsewhere in Europe, thanks for posting 👍

3 hours ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

This pic just turned up on my Facebook page. Not only was Rob Rensenbrink (second from left) a great player for both Anderlecht and the Netherlands, he also had a keen eye for spotting and coaching 37 year old talent from works leagues. What a guy! 

Rob.jpg

My guess is that you-know-who is the one in the suit. Why stop the fantasy at only 37?

1 hour ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Alas, it was not to be.

I had a look at the St Kitts and Nevis side.  Some very good full time players in the squad.   You can see why they won.

• Upvote 1

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Why do we have a thread 'Non Morton related football' in the General Nonsense forum?

Shouldn't this be in the forum for General Football & other sports?

*insert signature here*