Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Airdrieonians (24th February) - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Morton vs Airdrieonians (24th February)

Admin

Blues has been fantastic but unfortunately where I stand there is still a guy that blames him for pretty much everything, even when it’s clearly not him at fault. I think it’s just an automatic reaction from the guy. Although on Saturday it was Jai that was getting it from a group near me. I’m pretty sure if Oakley missed that header it would have been a case of unlucky and let’s move on but they were moaning about pretty much everything Jai done, clearly forgetting how our first came about.

Anyway, Broadfoot did look a bit shaky but the game became really messy in general later on and I am certainly not going to be throwing abuse at any of our players for that. What I would say is that Waters coming on for Strapp seemed to change the way Airdrie attacked down that side, maybe that was coming anyway as they were trying to get back in but Megwa (I think) seemed to have almost no defensive responsibilities after that change and it did look like they fancied their chances on that side.

Also, Airdrie are just dirty and always have been. How they ended that game with only 2 yellows is farcical.

1 hour ago, Tonton Zola Moukoko said:

Blues has been fantastic but unfortunately where I stand there is still a guy that blames him for pretty much everything, even when it’s clearly not him at fault. I think it’s just an automatic reaction from the guy. Although on Saturday it was Jai that was getting it from a group near me. I’m pretty sure if Oakley missed that header it would have been a case of unlucky and let’s move on but they were moaning about pretty much everything Jai done, clearly forgetting how our first came about.

Anyway, Broadfoot did look a bit shaky but the game became really messy in general later on and I am certainly not going to be throwing abuse at any of our players for that. What I would say is that Waters coming on for Strapp seemed to change the way Airdrie attacked down that side, maybe that was coming anyway as they were trying to get back in but Megwa (I think) seemed to have almost no defensive responsibilities after that change and it did look like they fancied their chances on that side.

Also, Airdrie are just dirty and always have been. How they ended that game with only 2 yellows is farcical.

The growing numbers are going to attract absolute fuds (some already there weekly). Me and my mate moved second half from the far end of the shed because a guy was screaming "don't press the fkin keeper" at a goal kick, 30 seconds later "press the keeper you fkin donkey" at Oakley. Another going absolutely ballistic at Baird when he pushed the keeper down in the first half. 

It beggars belief that even after 15 games unbeaten we still have fans of this ilk spouting their bile.  No doubt the same guys who wanted Imrie out in the midst of our appalling start.  

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Blues has been steadily improving throughout his time at Morton but has now become very consistent with it. He’s working hard, making good decisions and taking responsibility. It’s really great hearing him being appreciated with his name being sung more regularly from the ‘shed as well as the positivity around him on here.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Blues has been steadily improving throughout his time at Morton but has now become very consistent with it. He’s working hard, making good decisions and taking responsibility. It’s really great hearing him being appreciated with his name being sung more regularly from the ‘shed as well as the positivity around him on here.

I agree, keep him in the middle though. It's great he can be utilised in other positions but I don't think he's comfortable enough to play on the right or left.

I noticed Imrie liking a post on Twitter that suggested Blues was out most under appreciated player. He did mention that clubs did ask about him at the start of the season.