Atmosphere - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Atmosphere

I was surprised that the atmosphere was so flat yesterday.  Was it just me?  I was discussing it with a mate and we reckoned it was the expectation of being letdown that possibly led to it.  Years of following Morton and it almost becomes ingrained in your psyche.  

• Upvote 1

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

1 hour ago, LargsTON said:

I was surprised that the atmosphere was so flat yesterday.  Was it just me?  I was discussing it with a mate and we reckoned it was the expectation of being letdown that possibly led to it.  Years of following Morton and it almost becomes ingrained in your psyche.  

Yeah, I thought at kick off it was surprisingly flat. But as you say, so often we’ve been on a good run and a good crowd turns up only for us to bottle it. 

18 hours ago, Scott said:

Yeah, I thought at kick off it was surprisingly flat. But as you say, so often we’ve been on a good run and a good crowd turns up only for us to bottle it. 

I had been saying this in the pub before the game. We once dragged a few mates along to Cappielow after a good run for a New Year game and Dumbarton horsed us 3-0. Similar thing happened for our first league meeting with Gretna.

• Upvote 1

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

My experience is the atmosphere is often much better at the away fixtures and for that you often have to give credit to the young lads. For all it was a 'big' crowd on Saturday I agree it was though a bit flat. I don't blame the team as I thought their effort could not be faulted it just didn't take off - even the 'abuse' of Partick and Graham was subdued.