Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (5th February) - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Match Preview/Thread - Inverness vs Morton (5th February)

Admin

14 hours ago, Madton said:

He's been decent but sensational is stretching it significantly.

Scored some important goals no doubt and full credit to him, but sensational, feck me.

That’s quite harsh. I don’t have a great deal of love for Muirhead and I’ve never been convinced by this idea of him as being some kind of secret Ronaldinho, but his contributions have been excellent of late and we’re seeing a different type of player. Even the way he runs seems different, there’s a power and drive there that was never there before.

Ugwue made an interesting comment (not for the first time) in the Tele about Muirhead, saying (and I’m obviously paraphrasing) that the players see him in training and know what he can do, but he understands where the fans are coming from to as they see a different version. There’s an implicit criticism of sorts in there, and perhaps more unusually it’s rejecting the “big bad fans” routine we often hear. I don’t think Gozie is being by any means unkind or controversial, not at all, it’s just interesting to hear that kind of analysis from a player

Anyway, as it stands Muirhead deserves any credit coming his way but its up to him now to carry his form from the bench into 90 mins and sustain it for the rest of the season. For all the stick he’s got, I doubt there’s many people who aren’t pleased by his recent form and there’ll be fewer still that won’t be willing him on to keep showing it. Perhaps that’s a lesson he needs to learn and maybe Gozie’s comments are more pointed than they appear.

AWMSC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EanieMeany said:

That’s quite harsh. I don’t have a great deal of love for Muirhead and I’ve never been convinced by this idea of him as being some kind of secret Ronaldinho, but his contributions have been excellent of late and we’re seeing a different type of player. Even the way he runs seems different, there’s a power and drive there that was never there before.

Ugwue made an interesting comment (not for the first time) in the Tele about Muirhead, saying (and I’m obviously paraphrasing) that the players see him in training and know what he can do, but he understands where the fans are coming from to as they see a different version. There’s an implicit criticism of sorts in there, and perhaps more unusually it’s rejecting the “big bad fans” routine we often hear. I don’t think Gozie is being by any means unkind or controversial, not at all, it’s just interesting to hear that kind of analysis from a player

Anyway, as it stands Muirhead deserves any credit coming his way but its up to him now to carry his form from the bench into 90 mins and sustain it for the rest of the season. For all the stick he’s got, I doubt there’s many people who aren’t pleased by his recent form and there’ll be fewer still that won’t be willing him on to keep showing it. Perhaps that’s a lesson he needs to learn and maybe Gozie’s comments are more pointed than they appear.

Don't think it's harsh at all as I wasn't criticising him at all.

He has made an impact off the bench and credit to him, Its great to see and long may it comtinue.

I simply don't agree he's been "sensational ". Improved, absolutely but then it couldn't get much worse comparing it against 95% of his previous performances.

11 minutes ago, Madton said:

Don't think it's harsh at all as I wasn't criticising him at all.

He has made an impact off the bench and credit to him, Its great to see and long may it comtinue.

I simply don't agree he's been "sensational ". Improved, absolutely but then it couldn't get much worse comparing it against 95% of his previous performances.

He was awful for the majority of his time here, no question about it. Beyond awful.

Three goals and a near-assist in 100 minutes is sensational form.

EOho8Pw.png

On Ugwu’s comments, I think we all know Muirhead has ability. He’s got a highlight reel you could convince someone he was the second coming of Ritchie with. Think it’s a different kind of criticism to the one Blues has had, for generally lacking the ability to play at this level. Muirhead does, for whatever reason he’s never been able to actually show it consistently, at any club. 

Archived