Smiths - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Smiths

I was in at Smiths about 30mins ago and thought I'd take a wee look at the Morton stuff. I couldnt find anything at all, certainly nothing in its previous spot which is now all trainers.

Its a shame too as I wanted to buy a half and half scarf...

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

It's upstairs.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It is still as visible from the outside like the big window display used to be? It's pretty much the only presence Morton has in the town these days, otherwise you wouldn't know we had a team at all. 

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

GiGi It was more about the presence in the shop, there was nothing there where there usually is.

Well aye that as well, getting at the same thing. If you can't see any merchandise unless you walk in the shop it's not great for the club. Another reason Smiths should be punted if that's how they now plan to market the club.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Well aye that as well, getting at the same thing. If you can't see any merchandise unless you walk in the shop it's not great for the club. Another reason Smiths should be punted if that's how they now plan to market the club.

Erm yes, because Smiths is the major obstruction to effective marketing of the club, as opposed to the wastes of skin at Cappielow. And there's hardly a wide selection of other businesses capable of doing so in Greenock, unless the club wants to partner a bookies. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Erm yes, because Smiths is the major obstruction to effective marketing of the club, as opposed to the wastes of skin at Cappielow. And there's hardly a wide selection of other businesses capable of doing so in Greenock, unless the club wants to partner a bookies. 

Bookies are excellent at parting fools with money. Maybe they can convince me to buy another season book.

onsP5NR.jpg

You're talking about our commercial department; bookies go hand in hand with football. Perhaps they would go for one of Greenock's vast array of greetings card shops.

Bookies are excellent at parting fools with money. Maybe they can convince me to buy another season book.

I'll bet you they can. 

<span style='font-size: 14px;'><em class='bbc'>"That LinwoodTon's a c*nt, eh?"</em></span>

Archived