Goalkeeper - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Goalkeeper

pink_panther

I remember getting slated on here when I questioned the legendary status of Wylie :ph34r:

While I did watch the man in black my memories are a bit hazy therefore Roy Baines it is for me. I would also give a shout out for Dave Brcic - I may be recollecting with rose tinted specs but I thought he was an outstanding keeper.

Gaston is as yet nowhere close to any of the above.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think anyone is suggesting he is near legend status yet. All that's been pointed out I that he has had a pretty solid season and could be a real find for the future.

The boys done well let's get off his back.

You do realise I was referring to Wylie and not Gaston ?

Gaston started off well but has been a wee bit shakey, however he is better than the goalkeepers we have had recently though I would say McGurn is slightly better than him.

my top 3 keepers of all time would be

1. Roy Baines (By a MILE)

2. Murray McDermott

3. David Wylie

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

Rule of thumb. Teams that win SFL1 have a decent experienced keeper.

Dunfermline won the league with Chris Smith in goal.

Your argument is invalid.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Scotland under 21 caps, spl pedigree. Wouldn't say so.

Ah yes, being capped by the under-21s makes you a good goalkeeper. Let's see, who was the last goalkeeper Morton had who was capped by the under-21s?

Yes, it was that highly regarded reliable keeper Colin Stewart! Smith is just as bad as him, without having the good spells Stewart was prone to.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I'm struggling to understand this thread. We've got a keeper that's not got an obvious weakness, hasn't caused goals through mistakes and is still young enough to keep improving. The only thing I could criticise him for is possibly not making the great stops that guys like wylie were capable of but he is reliable and that's all I would ask for.

He kept us in the game at Partick and has held his nerve a few times at one on ones,etc so in my opinion should be getting praised rather than questioned!

I'm struggling to understand this thread. We've got a keeper that's not got an obvious weakness, hasn't caused goals through mistakes and is still young enough to keep improving. The only thing I could criticise him for is possibly not making the great stops that guys like wylie were capable of but he is reliable and that's all I would ask for.

He kept us in the game at Partick and has held his nerve a few times at one on ones,etc so in my opinion should be getting praised rather than questioned!

I agree with your opinion! :wub:

Archived