Turriff United Vs Greenock Morton - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Turriff United Vs Greenock Morton

The Naitch

Maybe not literally a leveller - but it certainly suits a team who are set up with ten or eleven men behind the ball. If the way through that is to move the ball around at pace, then the weather can make that kind of play nigh on impossible.

Having just driven back after a nice overnight stay I've got to agree it could (on another day) have been 5 or 6 - 1. Missed the BBC highlights though. as I was on my 2nd or third malt in the bar!

One point of interest, the amount of snow and frost overnight last night in Turriff suggests if the weather had changed 24 hours earlier the game would never have been played.

So we should possibly be grateful we got the 'first leg' out of the way!!!!!

Tangent Counselling (www.tangenttcs.com)

Proud sponsors of Fouad (Freddy) Bachirou's Away strip 2013/14

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BishopTon

May 6 2012, 04:44 PM

Post #1

GMFC Supporter

Group: Members

Member No.: 172

If Dougie won't do the decent thing and sack Moore, we should look to bring a new no2, things need to change and if you look at some other teams with inexperienced managers, at least they bring an old head as a number 2

We are tactically abysmal, like school boys at times. Yesterday we played a centre half in midfield and Tider in a position that we know he under performs in, leaving young o'ware exposed, for the non football understanding fans on this forum to slate..

Campbell and McDonald will never work as a partnership, and we have 3 young lads on the bench in a nothing game and he brings on Digacamo, clueless....

Unless we play next season with any degree of shape, we will not improve, at every kick out the team could be covered by a 4m square, Moore has no ability as a manager, drubbings by QOS an Raith have shown this and another season with him in charge will be another wasted year.

Watching Morton is becoming so fecking depressing, second division here we come...

This post has been edited by BishopTon: May 6 2012, 04:45 PM

--------------------

Just bounce if you hate St Mirren

What's your point quoting something from 6 months ago when we stayed up by a bawhair ?

I have not once in the last 24 hrs blamed Moore for yesterday.

I have actually and do disagree.

On your effed up logic I will enter the next Windy/rainy golf tournament and compete with Tiger woods as it will be a leveller.

Or drive in the next Grand Prix with Sebastian Vettel, sure to do alright if it rains that will be the leveller, bet your house on it.

My arse...

Are you a pro-am golfer playing off scratch or better? If not your point is useless.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

Are you a pro-am golfer playing off scratch or better? If not your point is useless.

No it's not its called poetic licence, substitute me the for your local club pro then, he would struggle to compete with Tiger Woods, just like I could not compete with the Club Pro, no matter what the weather/conditions.

In Golf we use Handicaps as the leveller, the analogy in Football would be giving the part-time a goal start not a wet day..

Seem to remember 2 weeks ago at Dumbarton, it's amazing we could win so easily, I would have thought the weather would have been the leveller..... :rolleyes:

We could bring out some more cliches to explain things, did we lack a 12th man, did we just not turn up, was it a game of two halves, could we have played all day and not scored...

No it's not its called poetic licence, substitute me the for your local club pro then, he would struggle to compete with Tiger Woods, just like I could not compete with the Club Pro, no matter what the weather/conditions.

In Golf we use Handicaps as the leveller, the analogy in Football would be giving the part-time a goal start not a wet day..

Seem to remember 2 weeks ago at Dumbarton, it's amazing we could win so easily, I would have thought the weather would have been the leveller..... :rolleyes:

We could bring out some more cliches to explain things, did we lack a 12th man, did we just not turn up, was it a game of two halves, could we have played all day and not scored...

It's called reductio ad absurdum, but I agree with your point; the weather/pitch being a "leveler" is a tedious and nonsensical cliche!

It's called reductio ad absurdum, but I agree with your point; the weather/pitch being a "leveler" is a tedious and nonsensical cliche!

I fundamentally disagree. Cliches may well be 'tedious' but the fact that they have become cliches is generally an indication that they are apt descriptions of a given scenario. There can surely be no disputing the fact that weather and pitch conditions often nullify a perceived advantage.

Your use of golf is perhaps the worst example given Tiger's poor run on links courses. Indeed on any links course and particularly in the open having the luck of the weather has a huge bearing on the outcome. The weather changes wildly during each day of play and if you're out in a gale or heavy rain then you better be at your absolute best to make it round and stay in the hunt.

Similarly you try a quick passing game and showing off skill on a heavy pitch with hailstones, snow and freezing temperatures. If it wasn't an issue there wouldn't be such a clamour for indoor facilities.

Your point is nonesense and your use of golf just makes it even more redundant.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

I realise you're taking the piss, but there is a world of difference between drawing with Albion Rovers and drawing with Turriff. Drawing with Albion Rovers is the kind of thing that does just happen from time to time, you won't always beat lower league teams. Turriff shouldn't, for all that the performance yesterday was probably better than the performance at Albion Rovers.

Most people on here didn't try to pass comment on individual performances, they were just saying the result is terrible regardless of the performance. That's true and you didn't need to be there to know that. If people think this is a further example of how our fans are all awful and the worst on the planet and blah blah, you can look at Partick Thistle forums for Culter threads and see that every club has supporters who would react in a similar fashion: http://www.wearethistle.co.uk/forums/index...ic/4969-jackie/

Good argument ^_^ "if you think I'm a twat go and look at the Partick messageboard, there are loads of twats like me there"

Brilliant stuff dunning :D

pen.jpg

Having just driven back after a nice overnight stay I've got to agree it could (on another day) have been 5 or 6 - 1. Missed the BBC highlights though. as I was on my 2nd or third malt in the bar!

One point of interest, the amount of snow and frost overnight last night in Turriff suggests if the weather had changed 24 hours earlier the game would never have been played.

So we should possibly be grateful we got the 'first leg' out of the way!!!!!

What's all this, informed comment from people actually at the game? Can we please stick to the personality keyboard warriors with a campaign rather than take a pragmatic view of events!?

Not long back as I stayed in Stonehaven last night, Morton totally bossed the match and just could put the ball in the net. The Turriff players had the games of their lives and got their bodies in front of every Morton shot, added to that the conditions were a great leveler on the day. Morton hit the woodwork on at least three occasions and on another day at least one of them would have go in. It's certainly not time to press the panic button and would be surprised if we don't win the replay by at least three. It was a great trip and I think I'm just starting to thaw out.

I don't think the term 'leveler' should be taken literally!

Generally speaking players of better quality will play more on the deck than players of lesser quality who will tend to hoof it. It makes sense therefore that the team with higher quality will be more disadvantaged by a heavy and poor playing surface. Not necessarily disadvantaged so much that it brings them down the same level, but it narrows the gap.

All I can find is average gates for all the division one teams. Not the full picture because overheads and other sources of income vary.

From 2011-12 (or the most recent figure I can find) Morton lie 6th behind Dunfermline, Falkirk, Thistle, Raith and Airdrie (latter being exceptional for that year so probably best discounted). Lying 3rd in the league is not too bad.

It's not a picture at all, as several clubs are funded regardless of gate receipts or any sort of income. Morton being the best example of this, with an annual shortfall of £300,000.

It is unquestionable really that Morton will have a higher budget than Raith and Partick. I would expect us to have the second highest budget this season, behind Dunfermline.

That last sentence is appallingly ambiguous. It is abundantly clear that English was not the perpetrator's best school subject.

Fail: I have an A in Advanced Higher English.

Unlucky.

<_>Does anyone find this acceptable?

Repeated attempts by a pseudo - intellectual clot half his age to take a professional football manager to task are contemptible. When overwhelming evidence clearly shows that the aforementioned clot is a fake Morton supporter, contempt merges with righteous indignation.

If it bothers you that much, go back to your cringeworthy blog and write another update that no-one will read.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I recorded Sportscene and watched it this morning. Allbeit the highlights were brief but I'd like to see any of the morons on here giving it the "embarrassing" or "dreadful" result pish trying to play any sort of decent football in those conditions. At the end of the game big Martin Hardie looked as if he'd been playing rugby or mud wrestling. We're still in the cup and have to replay despite totally dominating the game. I can think of many, many worst results and performances with as others have said, Peterhead away in the cup at the top of the list. Turriff fought for every ball and those conditions were a real leveller.

Have you ever tried playing football in hail stones and snow on an already heavy pitch? Of course it's a leveller as it reduces the ability to perform. It removes or at least reduces the skill element. You've obviously never played football.

If what you said were true, then Morton wouldn't have recorded no less than 26 shots on goal. Or did the pitch suddenly become much worse when it came to our attacking players actually putting the ball in the back of the net?

It doesn't take an observer at the match to know that our failure to convert chances was the overwhelming reason for this embarrassing result. Although conceding yet another goal on our travels certainly didn't help either. Neither of those are one-off issues that tend to happen only 'on the day': this has been recurrent throughout this season: giving cheap goals away and struggling to make any sort of impact on the opponent.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's not a picture at all, as several clubs are funded regardless of gate receipts or any sort of income. Morton being the best example of this, with an annual shortfall of £300,000.

It is unquestionable really that Morton will have a higher budget than Raith and Partick. I would expect us to have the second highest budget this season, behind Dunfermline.

Fail: I have an A in Advanced Higher English.

Unlucky.

If it bothers you that much, go back to your cringeworthy blog and write another update that no-one will read.

Touchy tonight little fella! :wub:

Your use of golf is perhaps the worst example given Tiger's poor run on links courses. Indeed on any links course and particularly in the open having the luck of the weather has a huge bearing on the outcome. The weather changes wildly during each day of play and if you're out in a gale or heavy rain then you better be at your absolute best to make it round and stay in the hunt.

Similarly you try a quick passing game and showing off skill on a heavy pitch with hailstones, snow and freezing temperatures. If it wasn't an issue there wouldn't be such a clamour for indoor facilities.

Your point is nonesense and your use of golf just makes it even more redundant.

Its not nonsense, it does not suit your argument so you discount it.

Just use the Dumbarton example then..

It doesn't take an observer at the match to know that our failure to convert chances was the overwhelming reason for this embarrassing result. Although conceding yet another goal on our travels certainly didn't help either. Neither of those are one-off issues that tend to happen only 'on the day': this has been recurrent throughout this season: giving cheap goals away and struggling to make any sort of impact on the opponent.

We've scored 28 goals in 13 leagues games, I'd say most teams would be happy with an average of more than 2 goals per game. So it suggests our conversion rate on average is pretty good, but you're always going to have good days and bad days.

And I think I'm right on saying we're unbeaten away from home so far this season.

Yesterday was a bad day at the office for all sorts of reasons, it happens but no damage done. Move on.

Archived