Turriff United Vs Greenock Morton - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Turriff United Vs Greenock Morton

The Naitch

Good, hopefully a piss poor crowd to deny Turriff a big pay day.

Toby, genuine question but how are any of the things Turriff have done that you have issue with any different than suggestions on here (I can't fully remember if you agreed with them but I think you did) about raising the gate price to Cappielow for more attractive games?

Not that I agree with what Turriff done I should add!

seor-gif-shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toby, genuine question but how are any of the things Turriff have done that you have issue with any different than suggestions on here (I can't fully remember if you agreed with them but I think you did) about raising the gate price to Cappielow for more attractive games?

Not that I agree with what Turriff done I should add!

Read my reply to your brother puggsy.

I was happy enough to pay the £12, which is over the odds for a Highland League Club, but being hassled and harassed all afternoon by the manager of the social club to phone folk on buses to get them into his club in my leisure time which I'm supposed to be enjoying stuck in the craw.

I go to football matches and pubs to enjoy myself, not to help run someone's business for them.

Since ****in when did Morton turn in to some footballing charity outfit? **** Turriff and their big day and "brave" performance, it was a rotten result for us. If you don't expect to win these kind of games, you're totally wasting your time as a club; not winning can't be anything other than an embarrassing result.

AWMSC

Read my reply to your brother puggsy.

I was happy enough to pay the £12, which is over the odds for a Highland League Club, but being hassled and harassed all afternoon by the manager of the social club to phone folk on buses to get them into his club in my leisure time which I'm supposed to be enjoying stuck in the craw.

I go to football matches and pubs to enjoy myself, not to help run someone's business for them.

With respect Toby - the first time this gentleman asked to contact buses etc. could you not have just said "Sorry mate, nothing to do with me, just in for a pint" ? If that didnt work, then leave?

Duty Now For The Future !

Since ****in when did Morton turn in to some footballing charity outfit? **** Turriff and their big day and "brave" performance, it was a rotten result for us. If you don't expect to win these kind of games, you're totally wasting your time as a club; not winning can't be anything other than an embarrassing result.

....and to think that the OF has been slaughtered here time after time for exactly this sort of self righteous arrogance! :ph34r:

With respect Toby - the first time this gentleman asked to contact buses etc. could you not have just said "Sorry mate, nothing to do with me, just in for a pint" ? If that didnt work, then leave?

A couple of points though- first of all I gave him the courtesy of saying I'd spoken to guys who were on their way up and told him I'd point them in the direction. I didn't expect the guy to be coming up to me every 10 minutes or so after that.

Also, my mates were settled in the social club and one was far too drunk to get in anywhere else so it wasn't worth taking the risk of leaving and having nowhere to drink.

Getting hassled by a landlord or club manager is no fun- sitting in a pub alone whilst your mates are all in one across the road would be even less fun.

Not quite the same as going to ASDA of you don't like Tesco.

Archived