Sfl Clubs To Vote On Newco, 12 July - Will We - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sfl Clubs To Vote On Newco, 12 July - Will We

Surprising that a few SPL are considering a re-think, but what confuses me is why are these chairmen budgeting on the old firm rather than trying to survive without them, the OF don't want to be here. What would happen if they upped sticks and moved to another league? I understand the OF bring a lot of money to the clubs but you shouldn't be budgeting on that alone. Baffling.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Survey yesterday: "75% of our members INSIST that we should go straight to Division 3." So, where's the argument now?!? 'The Gers' should just volunteer to go after today's SPL 'No' vote and save waiting another week for the SFL clubs being unfairly forced into taking the decision.....

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

From the Sun -

No Rae I’ll vote ’em in

The sweetie tycoon said: “We got to know a lot of things we didn’t know before. It didn’t change my view at all.

“No vote is planned so far — we can’t vote until we find out what happens at the SPL meeting.

“They might still keep Rangers as members.”

Livi -

You’re not the First to suffer

LIVINGSTON chairman Gordon McDougall insists Rangers MUST be forced to start over in the Third Division.

Raith -

SPL is a dead parrot

Hutton — who could face SFA sanctions for his blistering verbal volley — wants a Gers newco to begin life in the Third Division AND for the SPL to be shut down.

He said: “In essence, the SPL is like a dead parrot. It’s financially unsustainable.

“There could maybe be recognition from the top that accepts the SPL is dead, so let’s wind it up.

“It hasn’t worked for the past 14 years, it has been a FAILURE. It’s all gone belly-up.

“Let’s start again. I’m sure the SFL would welcome applications from some of the teams who are currently in the SPL to join an organisation that is based on sporting integrity.”

A U-turn :lol: never in a million years

haha bunch of bawbags

Vote on Rangers newco being accepted into SPL 'could be postponed'

It is believed those in power at top flight clubs would instead prefer to wait for the verdict of an SFL vote, scheduled to take place next Thursday, over whether the Rangers newco could be admitted into the First Division for the coming season.

Rangers: Delay expected in SPL vote on newco decision

haha bunch of bawbags

Vote on Rangers newco being accepted into SPL 'could be postponed'

It is believed those in power at top flight clubs would instead prefer to wait for the verdict of an SFL vote, scheduled to take place next Thursday, over whether the Rangers newco could be admitted into the First Division for the coming season.

Rangers: Delay expected in SPL vote on newco decision

The fact it's being delayed is mainly due to the fact the SFA/SPL know what will happen at this vote and are now no doubtingly looking for another way to squirm them back into the picture, the more I read these stories the more angry/frustrated I get.

The fact it's being delayed is mainly due to the fact the SFA/SPL know what will happen at this vote and are now no doubtingly looking for another way to squirm them back into the picture, the more I read these stories the more angry/frustrated I get.

I agree total shambles.

bit from stv -

Partick Thistle call on SFA to step in and take control of Rangers debacle

The Scottish FA should step in and take control of the newco Rangers saga, according to one Scottish Football League club.

Partick Thistle have issued a statement calling on the governing body to seize the power to decide where the Ibrox club should be playing their football next season.

From the Sun -

No Rae I’ll vote ’em in

The sweetie tycoon said: “We got to know a lot of things we didn’t know before. It didn’t change my view at all.

“No vote is planned so far — we can’t vote until we find out what happens at the SPL meeting.

“They might still keep Rangers as members.”

Livi -

You’re not the First to suffer

LIVINGSTON chairman Gordon McDougall insists Rangers MUST be forced to start over in the Third Division.

Raith -

SPL is a dead parrot

Hutton — who could face SFA sanctions for his blistering verbal volley — wants a Gers newco to begin life in the Third Division AND for the SPL to be shut down.

He said: “In essence, the SPL is like a dead parrot. It’s financially unsustainable.

“There could maybe be recognition from the top that accepts the SPL is dead, so let’s wind it up.

“It hasn’t worked for the past 14 years, it has been a FAILURE. It’s all gone belly-up.

“Let’s start again. I’m sure the SFL would welcome applications from some of the teams who are currently in the SPL to join an organisation that is based on sporting integrity.”

Absolutely spot on! I'm delighted for a chairman to finally come out and say this. I've been saying this to friends, family & co workers that support SPL teams and generally get looks of derision.

They've made a complete balls up of everything and its now time to get everyone under one roof and sort things out once and for all!

here today, gone to hell

I agree total shambles.

bit from stv -

Partick Thistle call on SFA to step in and take control of Rangers debacle

The Scottish FA should step in and take control of the newco Rangers saga, according to one Scottish Football League club.

Partick Thistle have issued a statement calling on the governing body to seize the power to decide where the Ibrox club should be playing their football next season.

Far too sensible in my opinion

and Turnbull Hutton to possibly face some sort of sanction/charge or whatever for his comments - what, for telling the truth !?

angrier and angrier right enough

[/b]

Absolutely spot on! I'm delighted for a chairman to finally come out and say this. I've been saying this to friends, family & co workers that support SPL teams and generally get looks of derision.

They've made a complete balls up of everything and its now time to get everyone under one roof and sort things out once and for all!

I love Turnbull Hutton, now theres a man that tells it how it is. I he talks sense and personally think that he is the sort of guy we need in charge of the SFL.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

we are now in a position where celtic have put their tuppence worth in and all bets are off! vote delayed till after the sfl vote(dont know how this is possible as how can they vote if no club currently is asking for entry?). spl clubs will now vote sevco into the spl and take the chance the fans will come back.

what did we all really expect the final outcome to be?

hope i`m wrong but fear the inevitable now.

we are now in a position where celtic have put their tuppence worth in and all bets are off! vote delayed till after the sfl vote(dont know how this is possible as how can they vote if no club currently is asking for entry?). spl clubs will now vote sevco into the spl and take the chance the fans will come back.

what did we all really expect the final outcome to be?

hope i`m wrong but fear the inevitable now.

Nope, see the other new thread - SPL said NO. Their fate is now in our (SFL) hands............

European Fairs Cup [aka Inter City Cup / UEFA Cup / Europa League], 30th September 1968: Morton (3) v Chelsea (4) !!!

It will be interesting to hear how Celtic voted!

10 clubs voted to kick them out

1 club voted to keep them in (Rangers presumably)

1 club abstained (I'd guess Celtic or possibly Killie)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Games a bogey, SPL vote Sevco to SPL on 4th July.  Happy holidays.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You should stick to pointing out the emergency exits and explaining to the mentally ill travellers on Thomas Cook aeroplanes how to put on an oxygen mask... don't forget to put yours on before you're child!

Cowdenbeath - despite having Donald Findlay as their chairman - have said they oppose Newco in the First.

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act...ews&id=1075

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived