Sfl Clubs To Vote On Newco, 12 July - Will We - Page 6 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sfl Clubs To Vote On Newco, 12 July - Will We

Guest David Edwards

In the circumstances a no vote is the only fair and sensible course. Fair to any other applicants and sensible because Rangers Newco do not possess (at present at least) the necessary credentials.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hypothetically speaking, if a similar thing happened to Man Utd or Chelsea do you think they would end up in the equivalent bottom league to the 3rd division (the 8th league)?

I think not.

Money, health and safety, and potential public order issues, will more likely see them in the first division as opposed the third.

absolute bulls*** of the highest order

Guest David Edwards
Hypothetically speaking, if a similar thing happened to Man Utd or Chelsea do you think they would end up in the equivalent bottom league to the 3rd division (the 8th league)?

Irrelevant. This is Scottish, not English football's business.

Money, health and safety, and potential public order issues, will more likely see them in the first division as opposed the third.

If they're seen as a threat to public order then they shouldn't be allowed in any league, but you're right about the first point. It's all about money.

Check out this bombshell

“That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.”

Get this bunch of chancers to fuck!

“That the Scottish Football League Members direct the Board of Management of The Scottish Football League (the “Board”) to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the Third Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13 unless the Board shall have to its satisfaction negotiated and reached agreement with The Scottish Premier League and The Scottish Football Association on a series of measures which the Board shall consider to be in the best interests of the game, how it is structured, how it is governed and how it is financed, whereupon the Board shall be authorised to provide that Rangers F.C. shall play in the First Division of the Scottish Football League during Season 2012/13.”

Get this bunch of chancers to fuck!

chancers isn't the word I would have used.

Well, the stitch up as most fans expected, and which is now out in the open.

Now I will go back to the fans meeting at which Gillian Donaldson was in attendance, and why I tried to press her and pin her down on the workings of an actual vote re 'newco'. At no point during that meeting were we made aware of any secret meetings going on in the background by SFL representatves, some of whom will apparantly take a '2nd vote' should newco be voted into the SFL 3rd division.

I am at pains to understand why DDF Rae or Miss Donaldson appear to have been unaware of these meeetings as this was never mentioned at fans meeting at The Darroch, an extremely, no probably most important, issue of these sordid events which are now being played out to one and all.

If quite a few of the fans expected the stitch-up which we are now seeing, why wasn't the issue discussed, or have all the other SFL clubs who are not in the 'inner-circle' been kept in the dark.

We have went from a 75/25 vote, down to a 50/50 vote and now the 50/50 vote has been dilutred to try and get the result that those in power want. What a stitch up.

MR DDF RAE MUST VOTE AGAINSTY A NEWCO ENTRY INTO THE SFL SET-UP. FULL STOP.

From Pie & Bovril Site

My Team:Dundee Utd

Here is my Email post to the SFA - it follows one to FIFA and UEFA

I have asked FIFA and Uefa to investigate whether the proposals are within their rules.

"Please investigate league fixing being proposed in the scottish leagues with the guidance of the Scottish Football Association in contravention of FIFA and Uefa rules."

I cannot see how a vote can be taken to introduce a new club until a vacancy has been created;

Once a vacancy occurs then the SFL should invite all applications from suitably qualified clubs.(These are the rules of the SFL)

Surely Dundee or Dunfermline need to be invited to join the SPL in advance of the SFL meeting on 13 July 2012 to allow them to accept any resignation from the SFL.

How can one particular club be favoured in this process especially when:-

a) it is still subject to an independent SFA decision on its conduct;

B) it is subject to an SPL investigation;

c) a decision on its suitability i.e. ground, players,a verifiable business plan that will allow it to fulfill fixtures for the coming season has not been made

d) the investors in the new company been not yet been vetted or identified - are they suitable and what criteria is being applied to determine this? (Surely in view of why we are in this mess in the first place this is a prerequsite?)

The SFA have a responsibility to follow all relevant football regulations and this must be the prime objective of their remit.

The proposals put forward for the SFL meeting do not follow the prime directives of FIFA and UEFA and as such are flawed.

The SFL clubs should not be put in an invidious position to vote for motions that have been brought forward in contravention of higher authorities.

i have also just emailed UEFA regarding this.

"Dear Sirs, I am writing to you to ask your position on the Scottish FA, SPL and Scottish Football league regarding Rangers New Company. Glasgow Rangers were liquidated and it now appears that the SFA are determined to place them in the Highest division in the scottish football league. This has nothing to do with sport and it lacks clarity and integrity. I urge you to investigate this matter as quickly as possible. Should the SFA plan happen I shall no longer attend any professional or international games in my country. I regularly attend matches at least once a week. Thank you for your time."

JB.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

i have also just emailed UEFA regarding this.

"Dear Sirs, I am writing to you to ask your position on the Scottish FA, SPL and Scottish Football league regarding Rangers New Company. Glasgow Rangers were liquidated and it now appears that the SFA are determined to place them in the Highest division in the scottish football league. This has nothing to do with sport and it lacks clarity and integrity. I urge you to investigate this matter as quickly as possible. Should the SFA plan happen I shall no longer attend any professional or international games in my country. I regularly attend matches at least once a week. Thank you for your time."

JB.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/elevenvalues/index.html

interesting stuff, just how many of these are being breached

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Think the Annan statement, as good as it is, doesn't give a 100% guarantee it's a 'no' vote for newco - it could well be a vote for entry to div 3 and then the final vote is taken out of their hands.

I recall Gillian Donaldson saying that Morton is for div 3 entry for newco - this really now has to be clarified - there is no point in newco being voted into div 3 when everyone knows they wil then go into division 1.

In light of recent developments, I'd like the Club (and also the Trust) to put out a clear and unambiguous statement re their views and of the clubs voting intention.

just e-mailed UEFA, This can't be aloud to happen. This has been a done deal for weeks. It stinks of corruption by Ragan, Doncaster and Longmuir

They must be Sacked

TAKEN FROM THE 'SCOTSMAN'

John McVey

Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 06:38 AM

Ten questions the SFL Chairmen should be asking before any vote takes place:

1. Who actually owns Ibrox park? Did Craig Whyte illegally put the assets of Rangers FC into a new company to avoid them being sold off to pay their debts and taxes or was this illegal activity contrived between the corruption of Duff and Phelps and Green’s Sevco? My guess is Whyte, Green, Duff & Phelps are all in this together!

2. It is the liquidator’s legal responsibility to question the contrived sale on the cheap of Murray Park and Ibrox to Green’s Sevco thereby quashing any chance of the creditors getting the money back they are rightfully owed. Does the SFL wish these Court cases to hang over our football for the coming years?

3. Why did Duff and Phelps sell the assets of rangers, reported to be worth over 106 million pounds, to a dodgy character who required a loan to purchase the said assets for the measly sum of 5.5 million? Will the liquidator manage to confiscate Ibrox and take it back to the rightful owners, HMRC, Ticketus and the other creditors?

4. How will the administrators and SFL club chairmen feel when a huge amount of fans turn their backs on the game when they see the obvious unfair corruption going on and the blatant disrespect for the rules of the game.

5. Will Craig Whyte, Green and Murray be liable for criminal charges brought against them?

6. What are the SFA going to do regarding the fact Rangers FC players and staff broke the rules by registering players without declaring the dodgy EBT scheme.

7. If our administrators think tearing up the rule book is worth it for the overall good of our game, where will they stop? For instance, if Sevco don’t win promotion will they restructure the leagues to accommodate them in the SPL anyway, and will they instruct referees to “help” Sevco gain the success they need for the overall good of our game and commercial interest?

8. What will our Administrators do if Sevco have to go back into administration as they are likely to do?

9. What is to stop other SPL teams doing the same as Sevco, and go into liquidation to avoid paying their debts, then re-emerge as a “newco” debt free continuing in the top tier of Scottish football. Or are the rules only to be bent for Sevco?

10. What will our administrators do when UEFA punish the whole of Scottish football by flouting the rulebook putting commercial interest ahead of sporting integrity?

Dumbarton support Rangers in SFL1;

From BBC....

Dumbarton, who have taken Queens' place in Division One, have announced that they will vote in favour of admitting Rangers to the second tier after consulting their season ticket holders.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Dumbarton support Rangers in SFL1;

From BBC....

Dumbarton, who have taken Queens' place in Division One, have announced that they will vote in favour of admitting Rangers to the second tier after consulting their season ticket holders.

thats it, lets stick together, entitled to their opinion. wonder if money is the overwhelming factor in that decision.

I have no compunction in saying that if some chap starts throwing grenades or starts using pistols, we shall kill him

Archived