Mr Moore Time To Go Please - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mr Moore Time To Go Please

cammy

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Mar 4 2012, 12:25 PM) 855012[/snapback]
We are stagnant, but I think it's more the nature of Morton and Scottish Football and I don't think sacking Allan Moore will change us.

No it won't: Moore has to go because if nothing else, he's lost the confidence of the majority of the fans, which is something he simply won't get back IMO, and the last thing we need is a divisive management team, particularly with two upcoming home games.

Whoever is brought in will be asked to manage our inevitable decline, and relegation into the Second. We'll quite possibly be a yo-yo team between the two divisions.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
B)-->
QUOTE(C B @ Mar 4 2012, 12:25 PM) 855012[/snapback]
<!--quotec-->We are stagnant, but I think it's more the nature of Morton and Scottish Football and I don't think sacking Allan Moore will change us.

No it won't: Moore has to go because if nothing else, he's lost the confidence of the majority of the fans, which is something he simply won't get back IMO, and the last thing we need is a divisive management team, particularly with two upcoming home games.

Whoever is brought in will be asked to manage our inevitable decline, and relegation into the Second. We'll quite possibly be a yo-yo team between the two divisions.

Fans are fickle - he could win their confidence back the same way he (seems to have) lost it - with results. Despite a dusappontimg season I hope he is given the final year of his contract.

Fans are fickle - he could win their confidence back the same way he (seems to have) lost it - with results. Despite a dusappontimg season I hope he is given the final year of his contract.

I agree, we had a run of games and ended up top of the leagues. Lets see where we ended up at the end of the season.

Anyway, I doubt we can afford the compensation!

"Page three girls get you excited,

You support Rangers and Man United,

All you do is take up space,

With a stupid look, on your stupid face."

Fans are fickle - he could win their confidence back the same way he (seems to have) lost it - with results.

No, once the confidence is lost, every setback will be met with the same chorus of frustration. It's a one-way, losing battle.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

This is the most despondent I've heard you. For all our disagreements, I always admired your confidence about our ability to avoid the playoffs/relegation. I guess that confidence has left you now :unsure:

I hope he is given the final year too, but you're right, fans are very fickle, I think the injury to McCaffrey has been the catalyst for Moorey's decline, the defense is not going to sort itself anytime soon and we've not got a captain or a goalkeeper to speak of. The writing is on the wall and it's like déjà vu all over again.

Maybe as with the past two events, the fans game will be our managers last game in charge :ph34r:

pen.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Mar 4 2012, 04:45 PM) 855074[/snapback]
This is the most despondent I've heard you. For all our disagreements, I always admired your confidence about our ability to avoid the playoffs/relegation. I guess that confidence has left you now :unsure:

I hope he is given the final year too, but you're right, fans are very fickle, I think the injury to McCaffrey has been the catalyst for Moorey's decline, the defense is not going to sort itself anytime soon and we've not got a captain or a goalkeeper to speak of. The writing is on the wall and it's like déjà vu all over again.

Maybe as with the past two events, the fans game will be our managers last game in charge :ph34r:

If I was Moore I would refuse to take part in the fans game, poison chalice :lol: :lol: :lol:

B)-->

<!--quotec-->This is the most despondent I've heard you. For all our disagreements, I always admired your confidence about our ability to avoid the playoffs/relegation. I guess that confidence has left you now :unsure:

Not at all: I'd say we have around a 25% chance of being in the bottom two (really 9th, we have next to no chance of finishing 10th) this season. We're still in a strong points position, are a win off fourth place and have two home games against sides below us, and a very winnable match at Ayr on the 24th.

I'm looking at the next two to three years, and there's no doubt that as we cut back, and lose our key midfielders to other clubs, we'll be sucked into relegation battles and will eventually return to the Second Division. Which we'll probably win again, and the pattern starts all over.

No, once the confidence is lost, every setback will be met with the same chorus of frustration. It's a one-way, losing battle.

Indeed; see how people were still calling for Irons to be sacked when we were sitting third in the league.

B)-->

I doubt it. If he's still the manager at the end of the season he'll still be here next season I think, unless we get relegated of course.

I don't think he'll be sacked this week either, and for all that we've gone through a ridiculous number of managers over his time here Rae has always been patient and if anything he's given managers more time than they deserve. If we lose on Saturday Moore's done though.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

We ARE in a relegation battle be in absolutely no doubt about it.

All of a sudden the final game of the season (versus Raith) may well become the biggest game of the season. Similar to the won we had against Ayr a few years back.

If Ayr continue to pick up points whilst we spew goals away from home then there is no doubt they will catch us.

Think the end of the season is the time to decide about Moore, tho if we lose the next 2 then he will be fortunate to still be there.

He has made some dreadful signings as well.

Power To The Powerless,

Strength Unto The Weak!

B)-->

Exactly. It wasn't rocket science. A manager worth his salt would have spotted this and fixed it. A manager with half a brain would have strengthened the defensive side of the team to compensate. Our muppet didn't. He needs to go....today. Don't let him near the players again.

B)-->
<!--quotec-->This is the most despondent I've heard you. For all our disagreements, I always admired your confidence about our ability to avoid the playoffs/relegation. I guess that confidence has left you now :unsure:

Not at all: I'd say we have around a 25% chance of being in the bottom two (really 9th, we have next to no chance of finishing 10th) this season. We're still in a strong points position, are a win off fourth place and have two home games against sides below us, and a very winnable match at Ayr on the 24th.

I'm looking at the next two to three years, and there's no doubt that as we cut back, and lose our key midfielders to other clubs, we'll be sucked into relegation battles and will eventually return to the Second Division. Which we'll probably win again, and the pattern starts all over.

Unless there is a dramatic change in form, saying we have winnable matches in this league are well and truly gone.

You may class Ayr as some diddy team, but right now we ain't that much better, if at all. Reality check time!...

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

and a very winnable match at Ayr on the 24th.

Ayr have just beat falkirk yesterday, done well in their cup games, and also have our goalkeeper, who i would take back in a shot, i also think cuthbert could play at a higher level, so I wouldn't go writing ayr off at the moment. Morton are really poor and I honestly dont enjoy going to game anymore, I dont get the buzz which I used to get a few years ago, and that buzz has being missing for along time now, I dont think I will be back this season as money is tight at the moment and I could use the money that waste on a saturday on better things foe myself, golf season about to start so will be going back to that

In defeat we try and forget

But being victorious we will always remember

C'mon Ye Ton

Its defo time for him to go now, we are a shambles at the back and looking like conceeding on every 2nd attack (on a good day)

I know i will get slated for this, but i would have Calderwood at the helm in a heartbeat

"He's not the messiah........He's a very naughty boy!.............Now P*ss Off!"

I doubt it. If he's still the manager at the end of the season he'll still be here next season I think, unless we get relegated of course.

With Moore's record of winning the 2nd div on a shoestring budget, I believe relegation will ensure his continued employment whereas a 7th or 8th place finish may not.

HHkTu1F.jpg

Its defo time for him to go now, we are a shambles at the back and looking like conceeding on every 2nd attack (on a good day)

I know i will get slated for this, but i would have Calderwood at the helm in a heartbeat

Not from me... I would have had Calderwood in in the first place ( I'm sure I said this at the time :unsure: ) I've voted undecided for now- I'm not sure that sacking manager after manager is the thing to do... It hasnt proven to be a successful strategy up to this point <_ and it would cost us plenty.>

Show Racism the Red Card

i also think cuthbert could play at a higher level

:lol:

I don't think Moore will be going anywhere this season no point firing him then getting someone in till the end of the season were in trouble and sacking a manager midway through a season won't do us any good. I would give him up till the end of the season then I would try and find someone else cause it's just not working with him hard to believe how the team that started the season were so good but now we are just getting gubbed off the likes of Raith.

You can blame injuries all you want and we have been unlucky losing key players at bad times but a team shouldn't fall apart with a few players missing injured his signings haven't been up to much either and I wouldn't be sad if we let him go at the end of the season.

I don't think Moore will be going anywhere this season no point firing him then getting someone in till the end of the season were in trouble and sacking a manager midway through a season won't do us any good. I would give him up till the end of the season then I would try and find someone else cause it's just not working with him hard to believe how the team that started the season were so good but now we are just getting gubbed off the likes of Raith.

You can blame injuries all you want and we have been unlucky losing key players at bad times but a team shouldn't fall apart with a few playe

:lol:

dont know what you find funny about my comment. the game against hibs, and killie proves that he's has the potential to play for one of the spl clubs (killie), I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt make offer, as it was cuthbert on his own that kept ayr in that game, also the hibs game, he's stop morton getting a pounding, which could have been about 8-0 before halftime

In defeat we try and forget

But being victorious we will always remember

C'mon Ye Ton

dont know what you find funny about my comment.

I'll elaborate: it's funny because he's a wee s***e goalkeeper, who landed up at an inferior part-time diddy team for a reason.

What is even funnier is the ongoing revisionism about his supposed ability that we all really, really missed out on when he couldn't displace Colin Stewart on any regular basis. It's a wonder that any manager seeing such quality in training day to day would make such an error. Presumably he was being s***e on purpose.

Archived