Mr Moore Time To Go Please - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Mr Moore Time To Go Please

cammy

This is getting beyond a joke now, I haven't been to a game since th drupping we got thru at Motherwell, basically cos' of performance on the park, and Moore's excuse, and financal reason. I really am sick to the back teeth of thumping like this, and moore coming out not taking any blame, until giving into pressure from the press.

So no more excuse Moore, i'm not listening anymore

:angry: :angry: :angry:

In defeat we try and forget

But being victorious we will always remember

C'mon Ye Ton

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the crowds will dramatically fall even more now, and I wonder what DDFR excuse will be now to incourage the fans to the game

In defeat we try and forget

But being victorious we will always remember

C'mon Ye Ton

I have never been one for bashing DDFR but I think he really should think of stepping down as he has taken us as far as we can go and I am starting to fear he is going to take us back down to where we were when he took over. He said when we won promotion to the 1st Division the first priority was the consolidate our position in this league, we have done that but since then there has been zero progress and it now looks like we are going backwards again.

I have never been one for bashing DDFR but I think he really should think of stepping down as he has taken us as far as we can go and I am starting to fear he is going to take us back down to where we were when he took over. He said when we won promotion to the 1st Division the first priority was the consolidate our position in this league, we have done that but since then there has been zero progress and it now looks like we are going backwards again.

I honestly wouldn't be too harsh on Dougie. The Moore appointment was a decent shout at the time (although not from me).

He was an experienced manager and had won promotion for Stirling when on a shoe-string budget. Like all managerial appointments it was a gamble. Moore was given the opportunity to go to the next level - and failed.

Don't blame me I voted Yes!!!! - We tried to tell you !!!!!

I honestly wouldn't be too harsh on Dougie. The Moore appointment was a decent shout at the time (although not from me).

He was an experienced manager and had won promotion for Stirling when on a shoe-string budget. Like all managerial appointments it was a gamble. Moore was given the opportunity to go to the next level - and failed.

It wasn't a gamble at all. Moore has a proven track record. Caff on the other hand... :rolleyes:

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

Utter rubbish. Dougie has paid for the team. The Management team have been total failures. I'd support Caff for the rest of the season.

Utter rubbish. Dougie has paid for the team. The Management team have been total failures. I'd support Caff for the rest of the season.

Who appointed the management team exactly? This is our 5th season back in the 1st Division and in the previous four seasons we haven't finished higher than 6th, and the way things are going just now it doesn't look like we will be doing it this season. Dougie said his plan was to push for promotion after 3 seasons back in the 1st, so how about appointing managers who are good enough to do so?

I know this sounds like a total over reaction after the result today, but where is the motivation to support a team who is hanging about the bottom half of the 1st Division season after season? We need someone to take us forward, starting from the top.

I cant remember the last season we have had this many HEAVY defeats. When we go a goal behind moore has no clue how to change it. In the games we go a goal up (very occasionally) he doesnt know how to hold a lead! dont get me wrong some players take a huge portion of the blame but moore picks the team so the buck stops with him. TTG moore. . .embarrasing!!

Humped off the likes of Motherwell in a one off game is one thing.

Humped off garbage like Partick and Raith is just embarrassing.

The Managers either in the huff or he's just not got it, either way he'd be better off gone.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

I would give him time to the end of the season and take it from there. With the wages freed up on some players I hope Moore would be able to go out and address the needed areas and have competition for those places to avoid a make shift defence..

I would give him time to the end of the season and take it from there. With the wages freed up on some players I hope Moore would be able to go out and address the needed areas and have competition for those places to avoid a make shift defence..

Horse has well and truly bolted on that one.

Our defence has been makeshift for months without Moore managing to address it, with Ayr picking up points we're in the s***.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Horse has well and truly bolted on that one.

Our defence has been makeshift for months without Moore managing to address it, with Ayr picking up points we're in the s***.

I know, was meaning Moore should have some extra money to get back ups in or so you would hope!

I agree, but I'd prefer if he was managing someone else.

better start looking out yer bucket and spade then. getting beefed of the likes o thistle raith and qos is dross of the highest order. shows the difference in ambition promoted club franchise fc, above us in league sacked their manager get in 2 big names. morton we fanny aboot cause the manager seems a cheeky wee chappie.

ttg

Remember The Alamo --- MORTON 5 THE MIDDEN BUT 1

I know, was meaning Moore should have some extra money to get back ups in or so you would hope!

Can you trust Moore with any more money?

Moore signings:

Grant Evans

Ross Forsyth

Paul Di Giacamo

Andy Graham

Andy Jackson

Sean Fitzharris

Peter MacDonald

Archie Campbell

Darren McGeough

Kevin McCann

Matt McGinley

Dominic Cervi

Derek Young

Kevin Kelbie

David O'Brien

Graeme Holmes

Stewart Kean

Fouad Bachirou

Stewart McCaffrey

Jonathan Toto

Darren Young

Derek Lyle

A less-than-impressive list with only a few exceptions.

TTG JIM!!!

Can you trust Moore with any more money?

Moore signings:

Grant Evans..........Derek Lyle

A less-than-impressive list with only a few exceptions.

I really don't see the point in trying to defend Moore here regardless of the the fact we have no defence and no goalkeeper.

Still it's easy to blame him (with hindsight) for guys he's brought in, but how can we blame him for guys he's not brought in? Are there any players we've missed out on over the past two seasons? Take last years player of the year? That wasn't Moore's fault he left ! Granted he's gambled (trial and error) a little, but surely that's budget related too?

The thing that has disappointed me most about Moore's time here is the lack of loanees (Cervi does NOT count). I was expecting Bolton players and Sunderland players for half a season here and there, but nothing ever happened. Teams at our level need players who play at a higher level to come in and raise everyone's game - case in point; Raith Rovers last season.

We are stagnant, but I think it's more the nature of Morton and Scottish Football and I don't think sacking Allan Moore will change us.

pen.jpg

Archived