Supporters Uniting - Page 5 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Supporters Uniting

One thing I will add:

I am not against non SC members attending the meeting. I was told, for example, that Toby was interested in attending the last one, and that's great (apologies if that isn't true!?). But in order for this meeting to be productive, I think a small-ish meeting, with a focussed agenda is needed.

If there are non-SC members who would particularly like to attend then by all means get in touch (contact details on the Trust website).

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing I will add:

I am not against non SC members attending the meeting. I was told, for example, that Toby was interested in attending the last one, and that's great (apologies if that isn't true!?). But in order for this meeting to be productive, I think a small-ish meeting, with a focussed agenda is needed.

If there are non-SC members who would particularly like to attend then by all means get in touch (contact details on the Trust website).

Rather co-incendtally I see you've addressed that point, cheers! And yep, look forward to meeting you at the re-arranged meeting.

2 GMST has no seat on the board;

Aye, under a dark cloud.

What agenda!? And why is it even controversial that SCs would be the primary invitees to a meeting between the Trust and SCs?

Because it omits all other fans not affiliated to a club.

If you are going to hold a meeting about the concerns of the club then surely you have to start with an open meeting , a no holds barred lets get everything out and then finally we maybe have a chance to move on with no exceptions. Let everyone speak and I include DDFR in this as he has to be part of the solution.

The way this has been set up it is already causing the annexing of supporters which is the opposite reaction.

So this to me seems to resemble Dougies Q and A's when they were convenient when it was all sweetness and light but as soon as supporters asked difficult questions the Q and A disappeared off the calendar.

Don't dare come out with good ideas.

We are holding a public meeting about that. I'm not sure if people don't understand that or what, but we've stated quite clearly that this is what we intend to do. I can't speak for Dougie, but I know that Alan Moore has stated his intention to attend that meeting, and I'd like to think that DDF or Crawford would too, we'll see what transpires. At the same time, we think it's worth engaging with the Supporters' Clubs to see how (if at all) we can work more closely together: something which was put to our AGM and met with approval from the members.

If DDF is at any meeting in regards to Morton's future expect a pile of poo to be delivered. That does not inspire confidence considering we are concerned about the clubs very future. DDF's history of only answering what he wants to and disregarding everything else means it may be futile even speaking to him.

Except that it is not one continuous discussion: the first meeting is a discussion between the SCs and GMST about the ways (if at all) in which the groups can work more closely together. Now, we have plans to hold a different meeting in the near future: a public meeting for all interested parties. There might be some overlap between the two, but there is no question that the agenda of the public meeting will be discussed at, set by or dictated from the first.

Interesting.

One thing I will add:

As chrissiboi advised, best to have a full public meeting and then you lot can go away and take on board what a broad consenus of fans want and see if then the fans can pull together.

Just one thing to add.

Its bloody clear to see who are complete apologists are for all things trust. :rolleyes: Probably the same type of folk who though HS would be good for Morton.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

As chrissiboi advised, best to have a full public meeting and then you lot can go away and take on board what a broad consenus of fans want and see if then the fans can pull together.

Just one thing to add.

Its bloody clear to see who are complete apologists are for all things trust. :rolleyes: Probably the same type of folk who though HS would be good for Morton.

In bold - yeah, that's why we're convening a public meeting in the near future...

Hats off to the people who are doing anything they can for the sake of the club. The guys who run travel clubs, guys who run the trust and people who want to go along to these meetings to try and make a difference.

I'm not a member of any travel club nor the trust but I admire people who put in some of their free time for the aid of Morton. Guys like RM and Dave Edwards- your childish antics are truly pathetic, get a grip- If you dont like the trust, fair enough but less of the public bashing and personal abuse- you should be ashamed of yourselves. Let the people who do care get on with it.

QUOTE(Andy M @ Nov 6 2011, 08:52 PM) *

Jeeeso !!!!!!!!!

I'm back again - for the LAST time - why on earth did you feel the need to say that Nick ??????? You are the trust chairman for God's sake.

New starting point required - you two bury this stupid pointless hatchet !!!!!

That fence must hurt your arse.

Aye he must have saddles sores riding those two horses!!!! <_>

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Aye, under a dark cloud.

If DDF is at any meeting in regards to Morton's future expect a pile of poo to be delivered. That does not inspire confidence considering we are concerned about the clubs very future. DDF's history of only answering what he wants to and disregarding everything else means it may be futile even speaking to him.

Interesting.

Just one thing to add.

Ok, spill the beans!!!!

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

That's actually untrue. I was invited to the original meeting arranged for the start of last month by a trust member who felt that given the fact I've got a strong interest in Morton's well being and shares in the club that the meeting would have been of interest to me. Whilst I'm not a member of the trust, and have my reservations about a number of issues surrounding them, I intend to take up the invitation for any re-arranged meeting.

Remind what SC you run again Toby?? Or do you just tick all the required boxes of what makes you a good ton fan. ;)

In bold - yeah, that's why we're convening a public meeting in the near future...

After the agenda is set.

Hats off to the people who are doing anything they can for the sake of the club. The guys who run travel clubs, guys who run the trust and people who want to go along to these meetings to try and make a difference.

I'm not a member of any travel club nor the trust but I admire people who put in some of their free time for the aid of Morton. Guys like RM and Dave Edwards- your childish antics are truly pathetic, get a grip- If you dont like the trust, fair enough but less of the public bashing and personal abuse- you should be ashamed of yourselves. Let the people who do care get on with it.

Noted and ignored.

Thanks though.

That fence must hurt your arse.

Aye he must have saddles sores riding those two horses!!!! <_>

do you piggy back? or are you cojoined? Maybe even talk to yourself a lot.

Ok, spill the beans!!!!

spilled%20the%20beans.jpg

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Remind what SC you run again Toby?? Or do you just tick all the required boxes of what makes you a good ton fan. ;)

After the agenda is set.

Noted and ignored.

Thanks though.

Ach you're just at the wind up now. I've already said enough times that the agenda for a public meeting will not be set or dictated by this meeting. You seem to be ignoring or missing that, maybe because it doesn't suit your argument, but if you don't want to believe that there's little point wasting more time debating it.

More than that, you've picked that post by Toby and missed any that I've mentioned non SC members (or new Chaplins SC members). Again, I can only assume you're at the wind up.

One thing I will add:

Aye me, but i'll not be clicking on the GMST link, Just post the fecking details on here, you lot use it when it suits you.

Ach you're just at the wind up now. I've already said enough times that the agenda for a public meeting will not be set or dictated by this meeting. You seem to be ignoring or missing that, maybe because it doesn't suit your argument, but if you don't want to believe that there's little point wasting more time debating it.

More than that, you've picked that post by Toby and missed any that I've mentioned non SC members (or new Chaplins SC members). Again, I can only assume you're at the wind up.

non SC members where only mentioned after Toby told all he got an invite after expressing his interest.

As far as I am comncerned its a meeting open to all and you should advise as such.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

After the agenda is set.

Noted and ignored.

Thanks though.

Ach there you go yet again !!!!!!!

ALL TALK, NO ACTION

ALL TALK, NO ACTION

ALL ALIAS, NO BOTTLE

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

After the agenda is set.

Noted and ignored.

Thanks though.

Tobias is a reformed character who liked all society has been welcomed back to the Morton support after proving on international duty that he can negotiate about not getting a programme without swearing!

Tobias is a reformed character who liked all society has been welcomed back to the Morton support after proving on international duty that he can negotiate about not getting a programme without swearing!

:lol:

Don't tell me your waiting on a reply from that crackpot, who's pulling your chain.

stock-vector-man-puppet-on-a-string-vect

nice bodyswerve, as usual. ;)

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Aye, under a dark cloud.

Interesting.

Just one thing to add.

You feelin'ommitted ? shame. Would you go if you were invited btw ? (I somehow doubt it)

I dont feel as though I'm missing out with with the initial meeting being (mainly) travel sections. I think its a good idea to start with a smallish group which represents an important section of our 'hardcore ' fans to see what their thoughts are. ( and no, I'm not saying they are any more important than any other fans such as you or I who aren't in travel sections - I'm well aware that there are many 'hardcore' who travel independently)

I think the if the initial meeting was a public/free for all affair- it might end up achieving less with voices being lost in the general melee.

We will never reach agreement on 'everything' obviously but our general aim is undoubtedly the same - securing the future of our beloved club.

It's sad that David and yourself look set to continue tilting at windmills but I dont see much prospect of either of you 'moving on'

Oh well....

Show Racism the Red Card

You feelin'ommitted ? shame. Would you go if you were invited btw ? (I somehow doubt it)

I dont feel as though I'm missing out with with the initial meeting being (mainly) travel sections. I think its a good idea to start with a smallish group which represents an important section of our 'hardcore ' fans to see what their thoughts are. ( and no, I'm not saying they are any more important than any other fans such as you or I who aren't in travel sections - I'm well aware that there are many 'hardcore' who travel independently)

I think the if the initial meeting was a public/free for all affair- it might end up achieving less with voices being lost in the general melee.

We will never reach agreement on 'everything' obviously but our general aim is undoubtedly the same - securing the future of our beloved club.

It's sad that David and yourself look set to continue tilting at windmills but I dont see much prospect of either of you 'moving on'

Oh well....

Oh well..

If you read back I have intimated I would like to attend a meeting, an open meeting, and not a secondary meeting. I was trying to get advance notice so I can make sure I can get there (I work pretty unsociable hours at times)

Seems if the face fits though. ;)

You are right though, we wopn't agree on everything, and everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter who doesn't like folk to do so...you then have a pop and me and David for doing just that. ffs.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Why would that bother you, the Celtic Supporters Club wont be there

Never know who you could meet haunting that place...and I don't mean chris mclelelenley!

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Archived