Supporters Uniting - Page 6 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Supporters Uniting

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few kid on Morton fans no doubt, i'll no be allowed anywhere near the place myself :ph34r:

fixed for you.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Guest David Edwards
Rasta:

The meeting that seems to have upset a few on here is a meeting between the Trust and the Supporters' Clubs, to see how (if at all) we can work more closely together. Despite Rhubarb Mess's misunderstanding (and by the way RM, I answered your question about Chaplin's yesterday) this is not a meting designed to set or dictate an agenda to all fans. It is nothing more than a discussion between the Trust and the Supporters' Clubs on how we can work together. I fail to see the problem or the controversy in that. In fact, I think it's a positive step.

Simultaneously we have plans for a public meeting, open to all.

David Edwards:

There is literally no point in debating this with you as your mind seems closed to the possibility that the current GMST board are anything other than power hungry ego maniacs.

Well, if you say so. :lol:

Rasta:

The meeting that seems to have upset a few on here is a meeting between the Trust and the Supporters' Clubs, to see how (if at all) we can work more closely together. Despite Rhubarb Mess's misunderstanding (and by the way RM, I answered your question about Chaplin's yesterday) this is not a meting designed to set or dictate an agenda to all fans. It is nothing more than a discussion between the Trust and the Supporters' Clubs on how we can work together. I fail to see the problem or the controversy in that. In fact, I think it's a positive step.

Simultaneously we have plans for a public meeting, open to all.

David Edwards:

There is literally no point in debating this with you as your mind seems closed to the possibility that the current GMST board are anything other than power hungry ego maniacs.

I take it the minutes from this meeting will be made available for all to see?.

Actually I think you just see lots of Celtic, Morton and rangers fans in there purely because it's the best ran, most inclusive value for money social club in the town.

I'd rather give my money to the skunks than fund that place....many moons ago i went in and i swear the cnuts could tell i was not of their ilk.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

Uniting the Morton support? Grand idea but entirely unachievable.

Get the meeting called, hopefully the outcome will be a group of people that are motivated enough to work together to do something positive for the club.

Whatever group does emerge from these meetings will be a minority of the support. The majority of any clubs support is passive, it's not possible to group them together under one umbrella. So long as they don't start claiming to represent others then it makes no difference.

Any new AMTASC or STT style group will be mostly familiar faces, we're a small support after all. I'm sure they'll know that within the Morton support there are those who want them to do well, those who are indifferent and a few who will happily watch them fail.

The Trust never quite got to grips with that, the result being so much energy being wasted in endless internet bun fights.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

Actually I think you just see lots of Celtic, Morton and rangers fans in there purely because it's the best ran, most inclusive value for money social club in the town.

From your experience, would that be more to the position within the town and its proximity to Night clubs.

How much experience have you got of other supporters clubs ?

From your experience, would that be more to the position within the town and its proximity to Night clubs.

How much experience have you got of other supporters clubs ?

I'm not sure as of course those nightclubs haven't always been there and numbers of visitors have still been high. Also other clubs have failed to capitalise on any boost. The CLR was just as close and shut down. The 175 doesn't get the same crowd as does the Regent. As for the rangers and the Morton, I think the Morton lost it's passing trade with the deindustrialization of the surrounding area and bank street puts alot of people off. The rangers I think is a more members only orientated club or supporters I should say perhaps.

B)-->

QUOTE(C B @ Nov 7 2011, 07:51 PM) 836825[/snapback]
I have no idea why anyone replies to Rhubarb or David Edwards posts anymore <_>

Why? Do they not ask pertinent questions? Or perhaps it's a case of see no evil speak no evil from the trust monkeys?

You can kid yourselves on and carry on believing that people don't join the trust because you haven't managed to get the message across that well or "forgot" to issue renewal reminders and all the while simply ignore the fact that the events of the past year and continuing action has damaged the trust irreparably coupled with the fact that it has been run in an amateur fashion for years.

The trust in it's inception was a worthwhile and honourable organisation fully deserving wide support. It took enormous effort to set it up and it's a travesty that it's been beset by egos and mismanagement on an enormous scale. Good luck to the new bunch, you'll need it if the condescending posts on here are anything to go by.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

B)-->
<!--quotec-->I have no idea why anyone replies to Rhubarb or David Edwards posts anymore <_>

Why? Do they not ask pertinent questions? Or perhaps it's a case of see no evil speak no evil from the trust monkeys?

You can kid yourselves on and carry on believing that people don't join the trust because you haven't managed to get the message across that well or "forgot" to issue renewal reminders and all the while simply ignore the fact that the events of the past year and continuing action has damaged the trust irreparably coupled with the fact that it has been run in an amateur fashion for years.

The trust in it's inception was a worthwhile and honourable organisation fully deserving wide support. It took enormous effort to set it up and it's a travesty that it's been beset by egos and mismanagement on an enormous scale. Good luck to the new bunch, you'll need it if the condescending posts on here are anything to go by.

:lol:

No-one does irony like the Rasta man.

Along the track the train came puffin, Morton 1 Celtic nuffin.

I am going to apologise to fans reading this thread as I should not rise to the bait and in that you were correct Andy. I am, however, human and there does come a point when even trust chairmen lose the rag!

I will not and nobody at the trust is going to apologise for trying to recover money we believe was owed to us, nor am I going to apologise for things that went on on this board before all bar one of us who are on the trust board were members of the trust board. Like many, I think that the whole trial by message board saga was wrong but neither I nor any of the current board had anything to do with that.

You've learned nothing during your tenure then. You reap what you sow.

People do not define the difference between the last Trust board or the new one. Personal responsibility goes a long way. A statement of failings and an apology for the mishandling of the saga would go a long way.

As for transparency, we have been engaged in a court case and we have not been prepared to discuss the detail of it on a public forum.
The last committee and at least one of your current Board have had plenty to say about the incident in the past. If your going to make this kind of statement ----> "You say you base this on the last two years but you have no idea of the true detail of what has gone on. You only know the spin, lies and innuendo portrayed by a third party!" be prepared to back it up. Otherwise it's just the same old "it wisnae me" guff we heard two years ago.

It's called behaving professionally.

Have a look at the first paragraph above!

I want to move things on now and I am hoping that our actions and deeds will demonstrate pursuit of our core objectives and that what we are about is in the interests of all Morton fans. I realise that some people have to be won over and some never will be - you can't please all of the people all of the time and all that - but if people do not want to hear what we have to say, it will not be for want of trying on our part!

I wish you well on your quest, I really do hope you succeed but it's the same old name, same attitudes and not one bit of remorse.

Good luck to you all.

B)-->
<!--quotec-->I have no idea why anyone replies to Rhubarb or David Edwards posts anymore <_>

Why? Do they not ask pertinent questions?

Well, yeah, they often do...but they seem to ignore some of the answers to those questions. For example, how many times have I said on this thread that the meeting is about the GMST and SCs working closer together, and will not set the agenda for any future public meeting...and that seems to be ignored.

Also, there are some points which are far from pertinent. For one, David Edwards' nonsense about power hungry control freaks, when he hasn't met and knows nothing about the current board members. That's not pertinent, it's simply throwaway rubbish. For another, Rhubarb Mess's claim that the Trust have 'no right' to discuss the club's future with anyone. Of course there are things we could have done differently in the past: but we have the second largest shareholding, a mandate from members, and interest both from SCs and from GMFC in engaging with us.

There are reasonable concerns in there, and I try my best to answer them: but just because people don't like or disagree with the answers doesn't mean they are not being answered.

I disagree that the Trust has been damaged irreparably. It has been damaged, no doubt about it, and some of that damage was of its own doing, but in those two years the Trust has donated a near five figure sum to Morton Youth Development, has seen its membership (albeit slightly) increase, has made genuine inroads in its relationship with GMFC, and - the topic of this thread - is making a concerted effort to engage with the wider Morton community - which, going by the response by the SCs, seems to be well received.

I've said before and I'll say it again - the Stars fiasco has been a mess, and obviously some goodwill has been lost with it, but given that our membership has actually increased in that period, and given the efforts made and mentioned above, we have a duty not to down tools because of it.

Archived