Rory Mcallister Knocks Back 2 Spl Clubs And Signs.. - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Rory Mcallister Knocks Back 2 Spl Clubs And Signs..

Jack Bauer

I don't blame him. I recall reading that he has another year of his apprenticeship as a plumber to do and finishing that will give him security after he is finished with football. Also, there is probably not much money between what he would have got in the lower half of the SPL and his day job wage wages plus whatever Peterhead are paying him.

Not to mention the fact that he would get a one year contract from St Mirren and could be on the scrapheap at the end of it!

I don't blame him. I recall reading that he has another year of his apprenticeship as a plumber to do and finishing that will give him security after he is finished with football. Also, there is probably not much money between what he would have got in the lower half of the SPL and his day job wage wages plus whatever Peterhead are paying him.

Not to mention the fact that he would get a one year contract from St Mirren and could be on the scrapheap at the end of it!

If that's the case why waste everyone's time courting full time clubs saying that he wants a shot at full time.

FIRST DIVISION RUNNERS UP 2012/13

Hey Man - Enough of your Stupidness

If that's the case why waste everyone's time courting full time clubs saying that he wants a shot at full time.

I thought it was more of the opportunity to combine his football and his apprenticeship whether that be part time or full time, is it not the same with us and a player we signed recently combing Morton and his career?

WHEREVER IT TAKES US- WHATEVER IT TAKES

That's a very sensible move. Once he finishes his apprenticeship he will have a trade to return to if he doesn't make a fortune out of the game. Why would he give up with one year to go and maybe find himself unable to find a club in a year's time? If he is going to make it at the top level, waiting a year isn't going to make him miss out. I would have thought maybe he could have got a part time deal somewhere above third division level but it sounds to me like a sensible decision to complete his apprenticeship

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Its is reported on P & B that Peterhead with support from some wealthy fans are paying him £650 per week. Add his wages as a plumber plus the fact he lives in Aberdeen, he is probably significantly better off than he would have been signing for a lower half SPL club.

So that when he's finished his apprenticeship it might be easier to find a club that will pay him what he feels he is worth.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."

George Bernard Shaw

Its is reported on P & B that Peterhead with support from some wealthy fans are paying him £650 per week. Add his wages as a plumber plus the fact he lives in Aberdeen, he is probably significantly better off than he would have been signing for a lower half SPL club.

I don't see why one of the bigger clubs who were interested couldn't take McAllister on part time terms until he finishes his apprenticeship then make him full time. They could have paid similar or more than Peterhead, Aberdeen would have been ideal.

The only reason I can think is that the clubs weren't made aware the player preferred this option, he said he wanted full time football then all of a sudden he's signed up part time and declaring he wants to complete his apprenticeship.

Surely telling the bigger clubs that was what he wanted would have made more sense than moving down a level?

Archived