The World Famous Tartan Army (c) Accused Of Racism - Page 4 - General Football & Other Sports - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The World Famous Tartan Army (c) Accused Of Racism

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was it within the first 10 minutes? Otherwise I'm very surprised that you can pick something up on the telly that wasn't audible in the stadium.

Never heard anything akin to it and I was in well before kick off.

200px-Trollface.png

We are a MEAN diddy team!!!

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

"Hey!!! That tea leaf half-inched me wallet"

Yours Roobs, AKA, Harry's Orville Duck

There was a chorus of "Stand up if you hate England" half way through the second half, didn't really work, due to the fact everyone was standing up anyway! It lasted about thirty seconds before people realised it was pretty pish! On a similar note, I only found out the seats were padded at half time, should have sat on my arse earlier I think!

Run Silent, Run Deep...

"Men who go to sea in Submarines are nothing but pirates in His Majesties uniform" Admiral of the Fleet Lord Jellicoe

Do you believe the booing was racially motivated? A simple yes or no will suffice.

As for the banana thing, when was the last time this happened at a Scotland game? On the other side, Roberto Carlos was in the papers last week after supporters at a Brazilian club game handed him a banana from the crowd.

Good point

As we know, not all brazilians are black, so perhaps there is the odd white supremisist in their own support?

just a thought...

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/42/133.html

Good point

As we know, not all brazilians are black, so perhaps there is the odd white supremisist in their own support?

just a thought...

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/42/133.html

Would I be right in saying that Scotland had a section of the ground to themselves whereas the rest of the ground (the Brazil section) was a general sale? In other words any nutjob of any nationality could buy a ticket and sit there?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Would I be right in saying that Scotland had a section of the ground to themselves whereas the rest of the ground (the Brazil section) was a general sale? In other words any nutjob of any nationality could buy a ticket and sit there?

The clock end was exclusively tickets pruchased through the Scotland Travel Club. The opposite end seemed to be about 99% Brazilian, so I assume those tickets were sold through the Brazilian FA. It's at that end the alleged banana throwing incident took place. The tickets for the rest of the ground were general sale bought directly from Arsenal, and were a fairly even mix of Scots, Brazilians and neutrals.

Was in an hour before kick off and never heard anything anti English. Alex mcleish was on the tv right in front of me so if you can hear it on the tv must have been after kick off. i would have got moaned at in work if it had came out loud and clear

Don't really see what is mortally offensive about a song like "Stand up if you hate England," really. I personally don't see the point of it, seeing as we weren't playing them, but it's no different from replacing "England" with "St. Mirren" when Morton are playing Stirling Albion or another equally unrelated team.

Both utterly pointless chants, but nothing that any English fan/person or St Mirren fan will care about in the slightest. Especially considering both of their fortunes are considerably better than our two teams, at this moment in time...

AWMSC

I have to say I didn't hear 'stand up of you hate England' being sung once all day. In fact, I didn't hear any clear anti-English songs or sentiment, which I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised about. Now I will admit I didn't get into my seat until about 10 minutes after the KO so it may have been sung before then, but it definately wasn't sung after then (at least within earshot of where I was). Nor of course was I in every single pub or street in London before or after the game, but based on what I saw and heard, if there was anti-English songs and sentiments it must have been pretty isolated and only by a handful of tubes.

Can I ask you where you heard these anti-English sentiments being 'clearly expressed'?

It was sung for a couple of minutes in the 2nd half but was ineffective as was only a small section & everyone was already standing up.

Also at trafalgar square there was a song shoe off if you hate england sung by about 40 guys who all held a shoe in their hand which was quite amusing & raised a smile even from the English.

user posted image

Apparently it was a German

A German teenager was responsible for the banana-throwing incident during Scotland's friendly with Brazil at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

Arsenal Football Club, who play at the stadium, announced the news after an investigation with the Metropolitan Police.

Brazil forward Neymar, who scored both goals in his side's 2-0 win, complained after the match that he had been the victim of racist abuse - a claim strenuously denied by the Scottish Football Association and the Tartan Army fans' organisation.

The banana was thrown onto the pitch after the striker celebrated his second goal, which was from a penalty. Pictures show the area where the banana was thrown from contained many fans wearing Brazil strips.

A statement from Arsenal, released on Tuesday afternoon, said: "After consultation with the Metropolitan Police, Arsenal Football Club can confirm that a German teenage tourist has admitted throwing a banana onto the pitch during the Brazil v Scotland international friendly at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

"The youngster was sitting in the North Bank of Emirates Stadium, an area of the stadium which was occupied by the official allocation of tickets to Brazil supporters, when he threw the banana onto the pitch during the second half of the match.

"The Metropolitan Police is satisfied there was no racist intent and have confirmed that no further action will be taken."

Neymar said that he will not lodge an official complaint following the incident. Earlier, he had expressed his unhappiness at an "atmosphere of racism" from the Scotland support.

"No, that's in the past," Neymar told Sky Sports News. "I go back to Brazil now and have already forgotten about it. If it was [a] Scottish [fan] or if it wasn't, we cannot prove it. It was one isolated case. Life goes on."

IPB Image

Apparently it was a German

A German teenager was responsible for the banana-throwing incident during Scotland's friendly with Brazil at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

Arsenal Football Club, who play at the stadium, announced the news after an investigation with the Metropolitan Police.

Brazil forward Neymar, who scored both goals in his side's 2-0 win, complained after the match that he had been the victim of racist abuse - a claim strenuously denied by the Scottish Football Association and the Tartan Army fans' organisation.

The banana was thrown onto the pitch after the striker celebrated his second goal, which was from a penalty. Pictures show the area where the banana was thrown from contained many fans wearing Brazil strips.

A statement from Arsenal, released on Tuesday afternoon, said: "After consultation with the Metropolitan Police, Arsenal Football Club can confirm that a German teenage tourist has admitted throwing a banana onto the pitch during the Brazil v Scotland international friendly at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

"The youngster was sitting in the North Bank of Emirates Stadium, an area of the stadium which was occupied by the official allocation of tickets to Brazil supporters, when he threw the banana onto the pitch during the second half of the match.

"The Metropolitan Police is satisfied there was no racist intent and have confirmed that no further action will be taken."

Neymar said that he will not lodge an official complaint following the incident. Earlier, he had expressed his unhappiness at an "atmosphere of racism" from the Scotland support.

"No, that's in the past," Neymar told Sky Sports News. "I go back to Brazil now and have already forgotten about it. If it was [a] Scottish [fan] or if it wasn't, we cannot prove it. It was one isolated case. Life goes on."

you missed out the end bit

"VikingTon was unavailable for comment"

:D

That will be that then, some happy it wasn't a Scot after all, others beating the table in frustration as they thought they had one on this rag tag bunch of buffoons. :rolleyes:

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Do you believe the booing was racially motivated? A simple yes or no will suffice.

For once what I believe is absolutely irrelevant.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

For once what I believe is absolutely irrelevant.

Absolute classic, cheers for brightening my day.

200px-Trollface.png

SITTING ON THE FENCE!!!

make your own mind up.

Given that it's now been proved that Neymar wasn't the victim of racial abuse from the Scotland fans, fucking off back to Brazil saying "It's in the past" and "already forgotten about" isn't really good enough.

The little shite's just made publicly offensive, not to mention unfounded allegations against our support and it's been swept under the carpet. Had the allegations been proven against a Scotland fan, our support would have been dragged through the gutter.

The least we should expect is the groveling apology from him that he'd undoubtedly have received from the SFA had this been found to have been racially motivated.

I'll be expecting a public apology within the next 24 hours.

Archived